Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 9:46 pm

Where are the fluing cars?

There here!.....FLYING CAR

Mind you, as Soloman said, theres nothing new under the sun, you see we had flying cars back in 1949 1949 FLYING CAR

asprin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2010, 10:52 pm

we do have a flying form of transportation they are called planes and helicopters

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 11:12 pm

asprin wrote:
we do have a flying form of transportation they are called planes and helicopters

but there are almost no personal flying craft, that can be parked in a garage and can take off/land in the driveway.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 9:53 am

Nambo wrote:
Where are the fluing cars?

There here!.....FLYING CAR

Mind you, as Soloman said, theres nothing new under the sun, you see we had flying cars back in 1949 1949 FLYING CAR

Ive seen pictures of that thing - a perfectly functining prototype sedan they had in the Fifties.
It had detachable wings, tail, and pusher propereller. When all that was detached you could park in a garage, and you could drive it down the highway. When you got the airport you stick all of that on it if aand fly it like a little cessna. A medicre car that doubled as a mediocre plane ( kinda like those amphibous car/boats). Needless to say it never went into mass production despite the fact that it worked ( atleast it didnt fall out of the sky).

Even if you could build a good car that doubled as a good airplane thats still a far cry from the flying cars used by George Jetson in his daily commute to Spacely Sprockets Inc. He didnt have to go to an airport first before taking to the air- he just levitated off the porch of his high rise apartment. So were not talking about conventional heavier than air flight- we are talking about somekind of magnetic levitation technology that still has to be invented if you're trying to bring to life the flying cars envisioned in fifties pulp fiction and in the Jetsons cartoons.

In fact its amusing how they all predicted that by 2000 we would commute to work in flying cars or fly using personal jet packs because it turned out that the real George Jetsons of this 21st centurey "commute" to the office via the internet and stay at home.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 12:03 pm

auntblabby wrote:
asprin wrote:

but there are almost no personal flying craft, that can be parked in a garage and can take off/land in the driveway.

The only levitating aircraft we have are lighter than air vessels (dirigibles and balloons), helicopters or jump jets such as the Harrier. Balloon are impractical and jump jets use an enormous amount of full to do levitation and pinpoint landing. Helicopters are noisy and still need some area for their rotating wings to clear. The closest to practical is the helicopter which is by its nature an unstable aircraft (it has to be positively flown, one cannot take hands and feet off the controls). Few could qualify to fly it safely.

ruveyn

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 8:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

So were not talking about conventional heavier than air flight- we are talking about somekind of magnetic levitation technology that still has to be invented if you're trying to bring to life the flying cars envisioned in fifties pulp fiction and in the Jetsons cartoons.

Havnt you heard of the Vril technology the Nazis had as far back as 1934, Vril anti-gravity machines

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 11:07 am

Nambo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

So were not talking about conventional heavier than air flight- we are talking about somekind of magnetic levitation technology that still has to be invented if you're trying to bring to life the flying cars envisioned in fifties pulp fiction and in the Jetsons cartoons.

Havnt you heard of the Vril technology the Nazis had as far back as 1934, Vril anti-gravity machines

Nonsense.

The only way to overcome gravity is by a contrary force. My chair is an anti-gravity machine. It keeps my arse off the floor.

All those Wunderwaffen and the Germans still lost the war. I guess our Jewish scientists were smarter than their Jewish scientists.

ruveyn

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 7:09 pm

ruveyn wrote:
[

Nonsense.

The only way to overcome gravity is by a contrary force. My chair is an anti-gravity machine. It keeps my arse off the floor.

All those Wunderwaffen and the Germans still lost the war. I guess our Jewish scientists were smarter than their Jewish scientists.

ruveyn[/quote]

Actually your Jewish scientists are the same Jewish scientists as thiers, maybe you should Google "Operation Paperclip".
Inventing the atomic bomb, now that was a smart move wasnt it, how gratefull the rest of the world is, especially Japan.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 7:16 pm

Nambo wrote:
Inventing the atomic bomb, now that was a smart move wasnt it, how gratefull the rest of the world is, especially Japan.

The A-bomb helped to end the war (although I think it was more the fear of a Soviet invasion). The war ended, the Emperor became human and lovable and the Japanese learned how to behave themselves and they have had it good every since. The A-bomb attack was exactly what the Japanese needed to bring them to their senses.

In any case, making nukes in the early days was a Jewish cottage industry. Now a lot of different people are doing it since it has become easy and routine to do it.

ruveyn

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 8:00 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Nambo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Nonsense.

ruveyn

You all forget that though the Germans had Vril technology to power their terrestrial flying saucers ( i just now googoled 'vril technology' -never heard of it before) WE had the Philadelphia expirament! You know- that expirament the US Navy did- making a whole destroyer and its crew disappear and then teleport it back and forth between Norfolk and Philadelphia. So our time travel and cloaking technology atleast matches their flying saucer capability.

Our reverse engineered alien technology was as good as their reverse engineered alien technology!