Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

L3wstyl3r
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2007, 12:44 am

hey, if anyone likes online games ( free ) i play this played for 3 years now www.runescape.com
Common game but i love it :) cya

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 6:47 am

careful with that game runescape, it ruined 2 differant sets of cousin's computers, it makes you download an activex control to play and they say its to help in graphics of game when in the backround it installs scripts and trojans, the result of this massive infection was a fried motherboard

both computers were windows and the makers were hp and other was a dell both about a year to 2 years old.

im not sure of its effects on linux or mac, but be aware and be careful just beucase its free dont mean its safe to your system.

careful and always have backup for data on hdd.

Hyperborealian
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Feb 2007, 10:19 am

L3wstyl3r wrote:
hey, if anyone likes online games ( free ) i play this played for 3 years now www.runescape.com
Common game but i love it :) cya

You should try Maplestory :D . Its a free RPG, millions of people play on it, and its very good.

link: www.maplestory.com. After clicking on this link, go to Global and download.

L3wstyl3r
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2007, 3:38 pm

thanks Hyperborealian, i will check that out i like to check games out, i open the link to it but is japanise :S im english lol i'll sort it

ElliottHird
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2007, 5:58 am

doordoctor wrote:
careful with that game runescape, it ruined 2 differant sets of cousin's computers, it makes you download an activex control to play and they say its to help in graphics of game when in the backround it installs scripts and trojans, the result of this massive infection was a fried motherboard

both computers were windows and the makers were hp and other was a dell both about a year to 2 years old.

im not sure of its effects on linux or mac, but be aware and be careful just beucase its free dont mean its safe to your system.

careful and always have backup for data on hdd.
Yeah software can fry the motherboard.

And that fries the HD in turn.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

L3wstyl3r
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2007, 10:19 am

runescape is safe, soo how can anything efect my/your computer ?