Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2007, 4:25 pm

No,I dont.

As a longtime satisfied (mostly) Windows user, will say that Mac OS 10 and anything newer is awesome. Anything before 10 totally sucks.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:27 pm

Shleed wrote:
And using the word "fa***t" doesn't necessarily mean that they're gay, hell I call my best mates fa***ts... even though they're the opposite... lol. Nowadays It's becoming more of a meaning for an extremely obnoxious person than anything else, well at least in my area that is. Heh, the word itself wasn't meant to be related to homosexuals in the first place - it was the name for a kind of meatball made in the UK.
It offends homosexuals,enuff said.

And using that word in that way promotes bigotry and hypocrisy.

Shleed
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 May 2007, 9:22 pm

RTSgamerFTW wrote:
Shleed wrote:
And using the word "fa***t" doesn't necessarily mean that they're gay, hell I call my best mates fa***ts... even though they're the opposite... lol. Nowadays It's becoming more of a meaning for an extremely obnoxious person than anything else, well at least in my area that is. Heh, the word itself wasn't meant to be related to homosexuals in the first place - it was the name for a kind of meatball made in the UK.

Thanks to you I'll use it more often. ;)

They still sell fa***ts at supermarkets, do you hear homosexuals doing mass protests about them? Newp.
It's just one of those funny words - another example is "w*ker", which was originally a surname...

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 10:00 pm

Shleed wrote:
RTSgamerFTW wrote:
Shleed wrote:

Thanks to you I'll use it more often. ;)

They still sell fa***ts at supermarkets, do you hear homosexuals doing mass protests about them? Newp.
It's just one of those funny words - another example is "w*ker", which was originally a surname...
You're just asking to get banned eh?

Shleed
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 May 2007, 10:04 pm

I'm causing no harm, you're just overreacting. It's best to drop it, both of us know if that we continue this discussion it'll end in tears.

7on
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 May 2007, 11:16 pm

MacBook here, almost one year old. Aquired a 366Mhz Thinkpad yesterday though, but the MB will still be my main computer :-p

chadders
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2007, 5:17 pm

I don't have a mac. I want one eventually because let's face it, Mac's are better than Windows but I use Linux anyway so I am happy with my Laptop which has a better graphics card than the recent Mac Book Pro ;).

That's my two pence worth.

mike7699
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2007, 1:38 am

macs suck, windows or linux is better

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 11:18 am

I have a Machontosh Performa w/ 0S Version 7 w/ a 66Mhz Processor and 16MB Ram.
Yes it is slow but good enough for old games like DOOM and After Dark Games.
[Yes i still use it you freeloaders.]

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 7:23 pm

I plan to eventually get a Mac.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 11:28 pm

mike7699 wrote:
macs suck, windows or linux is better

How the fücking hell do you know?

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 4:11 am

Macs suck!! ! haa haa haa im a PC guy. :D
Mac people are like AA people who quit drinking, or in macs peoples cases, good computers.
"i given up good computers for good this time!"
haa haa jk
mac people arnt so bad... well... some of them.......

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 4:36 am

I was a PC guy for over 15 years. I just stopped a few months ago. I just got tired of dealing with windows' problems with installation times and uninstallation times, crap left behind by uninstallers. I install and remove a lot of programs, I have so much stuff to do and there are so many things to experiment with so I install and uninstall a lot of programs. You do that on windows and you eventually find the machine slows down bigtime and the clutter left behind breaks the registry making windows more unstable than a fresh install of windows ME. Provided you don't need to reformat, you do end up spending a good days worth of defragmenting, virus scanning, and cleaning every week at minimum to keep the computer running well. OSX doesn't have any of those problems. Programs are all self contained, removed by dragging to the trash and emptying it. Defragmentation is done on the fly automatically by the OS. OSX doesn't get viruses with the exception of trojan horses, which can easily be avoided. In recent years a lot of the compelling reasons NOT to use Macs have been eliminated. They are intel-based now so old PC apps can be run natively with wither virtualization or a compatibility layer (WINE/xover), preserving one's software library. They use two buttons and work with scroll wheels. OSX is a vast improvement over OS9 and it's unix-based, so it's also a vast improvement over Windows. For games one can use boot camp. The added bonus is that boot camp also separates your games from your main programs, maximizing the resources available to the games. It's easier to keep track of Apple's hardware, so you can get second generation hardware where the bugs are worked out (though first generation hardware is generally more risky a PC). Most PC makers don't revise models, they just make new ones, and it's difficult to keep tabs when they do make revisions.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 2:59 pm

ahayes wrote:
I was a PC guy for over 15 years. I just stopped a few months ago. I just got tired of dealing with windows' problems with installation times and uninstallation times, crap left behind by uninstallers. I install and remove a lot of programs, I have so much stuff to do and there are so many things to experiment with so I install and uninstall a lot of programs. You do that on windows and you eventually find the machine slows down bigtime and the clutter left behind breaks the registry making windows more unstable than a fresh install of windows ME. Provided you don't need to reformat, you do end up spending a good days worth of defragmenting, virus scanning, and cleaning every week at minimum to keep the computer running well. OSX doesn't have any of those problems. Programs are all self contained, removed by dragging to the trash and emptying it. Defragmentation is done on the fly automatically by the OS. OSX doesn't get viruses with the exception of trojan horses, which can easily be avoided. In recent years a lot of the compelling reasons NOT to use Macs have been eliminated. They are intel-based now so old PC apps can be run natively with wither virtualization or a compatibility layer (WINE/xover), preserving one's software library. They use two buttons and work with scroll wheels. OSX is a vast improvement over OS9 and it's unix-based, so it's also a vast improvement over Windows. For games one can use boot camp. The added bonus is that boot camp also separates your games from your main programs, maximizing the resources available to the games. It's easier to keep track of Apple's hardware, so you can get second generation hardware where the bugs are worked out (though first generation hardware is generally more risky a PC). Most PC makers don't revise models, they just make new ones, and it's difficult to keep tabs when they do make revisions.
ATI X1600's are uber suckage when it comes to gaming,and a X1950 or 8600 card or better can't fit in the iMacs,and DON'T even talk about that mac pro with the X1900XT because even though its a good card,its overpriced like hell,so at everything else,macs and/or linux dominate but windows is still unbeatable in the gaming area....unless apple makes a mid tower mac for a reasonable price that can fit a good grafx card.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 3:25 pm

The Mac sucks, what's the point of it?