Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 8:21 pm

I was printing off some material for a class today when I saw the printout getting faded out.

A quick check revealed that my ink jet cartridge was empty. I knew in the student office, they kept an ink jet refill kit. So I went over there and grabbed the syringe and stuck the needle through the hole in the top and squeezed on the plunger.

I watched as the ink flowed into the cartridge. All was going well until I pulled out the needle. All the ink I put into the cartridge gushed out like a geyser, getting all over the floor and on my hands.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 8:29 am

*looks at Scoots, points and does the famous Nelson laugh* HA! HA!

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 7:48 am

Most of the time I feel like I can do things by myself, unless I really need help, then I am too demanding

Wisguy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 9:48 am

When I bought my current printer a couple of years or so ago, since they ALL produce eye-candy quality prints, the #1 priority in choice of models was 'ease of refilling the ink wells'.

I ended up getting a four-color Canon printer that uses the BCI-3xx inkwells, which are the easiest and least messy of all for refilling that I know of. They have a double-plus in that there are zero electronic parts in the wells, which are completely separate from the actual printing heads, so they don't have to be reset in any way. The only 'trick' to it is to hold the cartridge so that the filler and outlet holes are level with each other until the plug is put back in.

:D

Mike

Hu3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2006, 5:20 pm

Those cartridges hold the ink inside with some sort of pressure effect I think. Like you can pick up drink with a straw by holding your thumb on one end...

I would try covering the nozzle with sticky-tape before injecting the ink, then covering the hole left by the needle with another section of tape before uncovering the nozzle. Hopefully it should stay inside that way.