Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 5:49 pm

I need to know how to take what's on the ipod and transfer it to my computer.

can that be done?

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 7:23 pm

Very complicated. Same trouble here. Apparently it only works with one computer.

Here are a few ideas, though I think Itunes/Apple is working on some contraption to do this.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

http://www.ipodrobot.com/

http://www.copytoy.com/

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 7:48 pm

This isn't complicated at all. Google the program iDump for ipods. I keep a copy on my computer and a copy on my iPod so I can take songs off of it for others at any time. It just scans and then will copy any file you select to your computer.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 9:32 pm

copypod is what i use...not sure if it'll still work on later generation ipods....i have a 4th generation.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 10:49 pm

figured it out.

in the My Computer, I found that you can access the files as if the ipod was a flash drive or something and get the files that way. I just moved them from the folder to itunes and named the playlist.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 2:02 pm

digger1 wrote:
figured it out.

in the My Computer, I found that you can access the files as if the ipod was a flash drive or something and get the files that way. I just moved them from the folder to itunes and named the playlist.

I was just about to say that. stupid Windows keeps many files and folders hidden so you always wanna look for that. the it's just simple drag and drop.

Paddy789
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2009, 2:28 pm

Bloody hell, you make the most useless threads ever.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 3:25 pm

digger1 wrote:
figured it out.

I've been trying to do this same thing because I lost two of my favourite songs on my computer but I have them on my iPod. How can you access the files from My Computer??

y es como un semestre"

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 5:10 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
digger1 wrote:
figured it out.

I've been trying to do this same thing because I lost two of my favourite songs on my computer but I have them on my iPod. How can you access the files from My Computer??

click on the ipod in My computer, then in the top menu click View and Show hidden folders (sorry I can't remember where it is exactly, but definitely in the View menu). then you'll see the Music folder of your ipod.

it might take some time to find the song though, they are arranged in a weird way in lots of numbered folders.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 10:07 am

anna-banana wrote:
gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
digger1 wrote:
figured it out.

click on the ipod in My computer, then in the top menu click View and Show hidden folders (sorry I can't remember where it is exactly, but definitely in the View menu). then you'll see the Music folder of your ipod.

it might take some time to find the song though, they are arranged in a weird way in lots of numbered folders.

Thanks.

y es como un semestre"

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 5:35 am

^^that's actually in the tools menu gina.

so: My Computer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files and folders (you have to check this one) then click Apply

:D

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 6:46 am

Yeah, I found it. :)

y es como un semestre"