Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Saraswathi
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2006, 2:30 am

Help! I tried changing my theme and it said it would change the look of the whole site. It didn't. The forums are still blue and green. I hate looking at green. What do I do?

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Apr 2006, 10:13 am

The theme doesn't change the forums.

boothinator
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2006, 11:07 am

If you know CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), you can probably edit the style and tell your browser to use that instead. I'm not really sure how that all works, but in Firefox I can change style from the basic style to no style at all, which removes the coloring but changes the layout a bit. It may be a little hackish if you try to do it.

Saraswathi
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2006, 4:21 pm

I'm pretty hopeless with computers, so I don't know what a cascading style sheet is. I guess I'll live with it or turn the colour down on my monitor. The blue is quite pleasant, but I find it hard to read against bright green. Just about getting used to it I guess.

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Apr 2006, 4:23 pm

we might be able to add a feature that allows you to replace the green with a grey or white in your user control panel. But to be honest, thats very low on our priority list.

jellynail
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2006, 5:58 am

I second the motion. I figured these colors had to be hard on the eyes of people with vision problems and stuff.

I don't personally have a problem reading anything here, I just think it's a little tacky. This is the exact color scheme my grandma chose for her attic bathroom, fifty years ago. :lol:

http://jellynail.vox.com/

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2006, 8:23 am

I like mostly dark pages, so I chose the Sunset theme.....
But now it only covers the top of the page, whereas before it covered the whole page. It looks really bright to me now, I get sore eyes after a while.
Is it like this for anyone else, or am I alone, wallowing in my wussiness?