Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Got Mac OSX 10.7 lion
Got it the day it came out! 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
I want to get it, but did not have chance. 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Not just yet, gonna wait till i see some reviews on it before i make a decision 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don't see the need to update, I am fine with OSX 10.6 or earlier 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Don't care 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jul 2011, 6:34 pm

A new OSX is out with loads of new features has hit the tubes and ready for you at the Mac App Store.

Did you feed yourself to the lion? Leave your thoughts on this thread!

MDM
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

I was in the beta program, and my system lags because of it. It is apparently only happening to people that were in the beta though. Hopefully .1 fixes it.

Having tried it on a system that wasn't in the beta program, its very nice fast sleek and featureful.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 7:58 pm

I didn't vote because I'm a Linux user. I would like to try it if I have access to someone else's computer that runs it. Apple puts out some good products. Microsoft had better watch out.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

I didn't realize it was already out. Based on early reviews, I was a bit wary. I also was somewhat annoyed with the false advertising on Snow Leopard, so even if I still had a Mac I might not have rushed to upgrade to Lion.

cyberscan wrote:
I didn't vote because I'm a Linux user. I would like to try it if I have access to someone else's computer that runs it. Apple puts out some good products. Microsoft had better watch out.

Apple is already bigger than Microsoft. Who buys a Zune or a Windows Mobile phone? And Apple is one of the largest computer vendors if you compare them against other hardware companies like HP, Acer, Dell, etc.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 9:01 pm

Orwell wrote:
I didn't realize it was already out. Based on early reviews, I was a bit wary. I also was somewhat annoyed with the false advertising on Snow Leopard, so even if I still had a Mac I might not have rushed to upgrade to Lion.

cyberscan wrote:

Apple is already bigger than Microsoft. Who buys a Zune or a Windows Mobile phone? And Apple is one of the largest computer vendors if you compare them against other hardware companies like HP, Acer, Dell, etc.

You are right. I own an iPod instead of a Zune. The only reason why I own Windows 7 and XP is because they came pre-installed on my computers. The first thing I did when I got my computers was reformat and installed Linux. I do run Windows in a virtual machine so that I can use it in situations where I need to quickly do something and I haven't the time to set up the Linux equivalent.

The only Microsoft hardware that I own is a Microsoft webcam, and that was given to me.

Last edited by cyberscan on 24 Jul 2011, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 9:30 pm

Native Instruments doesn't have support for Lion on their 64-bit apps yet - so for now I'm holding off.

It does look mighty fine though.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 10:46 pm

sliqua-jcooter wrote:
Native Instruments doesn't have support for Lion on their 64-bit apps yet - so for now I'm holding off.

It does look mighty fine though.

I doubt it will take long.

Although first instinct is to say: "Are you freakin KIDDING me???"

But on the other hand the only NI products I really use is Absynth and occasionally FM8. I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

Tom_Kakes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2011, 6:08 am

Running it on my amd 64 hackintosh. Don't like it, if I wanted ios I would have brought an iPhone. The only way Apple can justify this so called update is the relatively cheap price. Though it runs fast.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 8:16 am

I really really want it.
But, one I have data on my macbook that is far to improtent to put at risk.
I know nothing will happen, but with my luck right now..... I just dont think it would be a good idea.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 6:28 pm

I don't know. I haven't got any plans to upgrade right now in case it breaks some of the software I've already gotten to work on Snow Leopard.

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

I did not get it yet. I don't know if I should. I'm a little shaky on the fact you cannot get the operating system on a CD.

Does anyone here have it? For those who have it, is it any good? Is worth it? Was it difficult to download and install?

rjgarn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jul 2011, 8:10 pm

I'd like to upgrade to it eventually, though for now I'm going to stick to SL. I'm still relatively new to the Mac world, having gotten my MacBook back in January.