Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 9:43 am

Hey guys!
I have this awesome Hanns G monitor I bought 1 year ago for 69.99 from a second hand shop. Its full 1080p and everything.
We just got back off a week long holiday today. My brother wasn't too good before the holiday, so we all agreed he could take his gaming rig (Long story :/) and I said he could have my Hanns G monitor to take with him.
So we got to the holiday cottage and set everything up just fine. Everything went perfectly with it..... Until we came back from our holiday (Which was today).
We have a totally demented (But lovely and otherwise very well behaved) caviller king charles with extreme separation anxiety. It was a long journey on the way back and we wanted a break. So we stopped of at a near by town... Every time we leave our dog in the car, he goes insane, barking and dashing round the car etc. So anyway, he somehow managed to unwrap the big jacket I put around the monitor (He didnt chew it, trust me. He doesnt chew things at all) and he tried to get to the front seat. The monitor was in between the 2 front seats. So he tried to use the monitor as a bridge.... He must have slipped (I wasnt there at the time, im only assuming this happened) and scratched the monitor. It has taken 4 inches of the matted stuff off (Cant think of the name). Its very noticeable.... So yeah..... What can I do to remove it? I probably cant. In which case Il have to hope that I can get a new LCD panel for it cheap enough. (Im talking about < 30 pounds.... Not going to happen, but hey.)
Can anyone help? :(

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 10:00 am

Sorry to hear that. I've heard people say to rub petroleum jelly in the scratch.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 10:00 am

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I've heard people say to rub petroleum jelly in the scratch.

Thanks. I heard that sometimes works. I'l try it later on. Thanks for the suggestion!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 3:52 pm

You took your computer to your holiday cottage? What kind of a holiday was that? :D

lau
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 7:55 am

redrobin62 wrote:
You took your computer to your holiday cottage? What kind of a holiday was that? :D

I used to take my tower case and CRT with me - everywhere.

Nowadays, I just make do with my Acer Aspire One. :)

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 May 2012, 9:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14[/youtube]

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 9:48 am

Naww.....
Looks like I will have to get another one.
Damn it.
Just when Im trying to save for something. Oh well. Thanks any way guys :D

uranium23567
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 May 2012, 11:41 pm

if you can find a replacement panel for cheap and with enough skill you can replace it. But I'm not sure it would be worth $69, depending on how much the panel is