Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Mastercraft
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2015, 3:09 am

I work as a sales associate for Microsoft online. I have noticed that people tend to treat MS like its completely different than any store, when in fact most of the products we sell are structurally no different than grocery items. One common complaint is that customers ask for free items because they purchased from us previously. Would you go into a store and demand that they give you free food because you shop there every weekend?

Or they'll get very angry when we don't give them refunds for items they purchased elsewhere. Would a sane person buy milk from a grocery store and then berate the farmer for it spoiling?

And finally, one of the worst is when a customer demands we give them a second copy of something they purchased recently because they misplaced it. Once again, I have never seen a grocery store give a person a new bag of groceries because they whined about 'losing it'.

I'm probably looking at this in a poor way, but the fact remains that while I don't like Microsoft or its products, people treat online shopping in general like it's not bound by the other social customs of the world.

In closing, yes, we need your credit card number to make the purchase, and no, we're not thieves. We just sell stuff that you're too dumb to read through before you impulse buy.

(Sorry about the rant, kinda peeved.)

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 4:29 am

Sometimes it is easier to complain with the manufacturer.... stores can be really annoying and complaining on a 'higher' level often helps. So when you get a complaint from me, don't feel personally offended.

Dude2976
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2015, 4:32 pm

Welcome to the INTERNET, a place full of idiots and abusive 10 year old whiney cod kiddies who say so much BS about hacking me and killing me that it would fill the local garage depot to the brim in a second...

Mastercraft
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Feb 2015, 4:01 am

Lol, no need to welcome me to the web, I've been here for way too long. I have been to the dark side of Youtube, braved the endless night of 4chan, and developed myself into something that giggles uncontrollably when 'normal people' react with disgust to silly little things like polygamy and Japanese age of consent.

In short, the sh*t I've seen.... :P