Which smart phone do you have, and do you like it?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 4:03 pm

I am going to assume that most of us in 2016 have a smartphone by now. Which model do you have? Do you like it? What do you like about it and what do you not like about it? Would you reccommend the phone to someone else?

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 5:25 pm

I don't know much about phones, but my dad said mine is an Android Kit-Kat. I don't know how specific that is.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have enough space. I try to move things to the SD card, but some apps don't move over completely, and it's the apps that are taking up so much space. So I'm constantly clearing data in order to make updates. I wish I could remove the apps that come with the phone! I don't want to remove the one that's taking up so much space because I love it so much...

One thing I love about my phone is that it comes with bunny icons! It's sooo cute. My friend thinks her phone is so nice and it doesn't even have bunny icons built in. How does she survive when her phone looks so boring!?

Would I recommend it to others? I feel that it really depends on the person. What kind of phone you should get depends on what matters to you most.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 5:43 pm

$20 LG Cheapie. Why should I spend more on something that will get destroyed, like the big screen thing that I paid $300 for a year and a half ago that eventually got destroyed? I've already replaced the 'burner' once with one of the exact same model because the first one wouldn't charge.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 6:37 pm

Fogman wrote:
$20 LG Cheapie. Why should I spend more on something that will get destroyed, like the big screen thing that I paid $300 for a year and a half ago that eventually got destroyed? I've already replaced the 'burner' once with one of the exact same model because the first one wouldn't charge.

One word. Otterbox case. Short of dropping my phone into a toilet, it is pretty indestructible. I've thrown the phone across the room, dropped it a few thousand times and it is still like new, without a scratch with the case on it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

24 May 2016, 10:38 pm

I have a Droid 4. I like it because it's the best android phone with a physical keypad & I would recommend it to someone wanting an android phone with a keypad. What I don't like about it is that the specs are really outdated. I really wish they'd make a new android phone with a physical keypad cuz the specs would be way better.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 12:03 am

Blackberry Priv is probably the best android phone with physical keyboard. Unfortunately, because it's a blackberry, keyboard is fitted the wrong way round but still. :)

I have a Samsung Note 4. It's still fast enough and has a great screen with a brilliant stylus for notes. One of the last Samsung phones with a replaceable battery. What I don't like about it is Samsung technology for cases. There's a copy protection chip in the case which is the reason why cases are so darn expensive.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 12:15 am

Samsung Note 5. I'll never go back to an Apple because of the texting. I like the swipe on the androids. Right now, I hate the note 5. The screen at certain times won't work with finger touch and will only work with stylus. I went with this phone because Best Buy was having a special and I got the phone for $50. I was going to go for the Samsung with the wrap around screen, but couldn't turn down the Best Buy deal. It's gold, which I really like.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

26 May 2016, 6:45 pm

314pe wrote:
Blackberry Priv is probably the best android phone with physical keyboard. Unfortunately, because it's a blackberry, keyboard is fitted the wrong way round but still. :)
I didn't know they made any android blackberries. I'll have to look it up.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 7:50 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Samsung Note 5. I'll never go back to an Apple because of the texting. I like the swipe on the androids. Right now, I hate the note 5. The screen at certain times won't work with finger touch and will only work with stylus. I went with this phone because Best Buy was having a special and I got the phone for $50. I was going to go for the Samsung with the wrap around screen, but couldn't turn down the Best Buy deal. It's gold, which I really like.

Have you damaged the phone in some way? Like dropping it without a case? Is that why the screen won't work sometimes? Or was it always like that?

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 10:54 pm

I phone forever because I love Steve Jobs besides ios has great apps.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 1:35 am

nick007 wrote:
314pe wrote:
I didn't know they made any android blackberries. I'll have to look it up.

All newer ones are android because they stopped developing their OS and only provide support for it right now. Priv is actually nice, but too expensive.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 1:51 am

iPhone 6s. Considering I used to work for the Fruit Co. As a contractor, I can usually troubleshoot the phone myself. Put an Android in my hands, and I have fits, no thanks to the shovel ware the android manufacturers put on their respective phones, and I have fits.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 2:21 am

Noca wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Have you damaged the phone in some way? Like dropping it without a case? Is that why the screen won't work sometimes? Or was it always like that?

It started doing it probably a couple months ago and I thought I was going to have to take it in to the Geek Squad, but I looked it up on line and several people are having the exact same problem with other Notes - not just the 5. Samsung has no answers. They think it's in the programming. Normally I would just take the battery out, but you can't on this model. I shut the phone completely off for awhile and it usually goes back to the way it should be. If it does it, though, and you don't have the stylus then the phone is useless- you can't even answer a call. I will still keep getting Androids. This phone has so many visual effects on it that it just makes me smile. The iphone visuals can't compete - the iphone is boring. And I definitely won't give up Swype.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 4:45 am

Noca wrote:
Fogman wrote:

One word. Otterbox case. Short of dropping my phone into a toilet, it is pretty indestructible. I've thrown the phone across the room, dropped it a few thousand times and it is still like new, without a scratch with the case on it.

Yeah, that is an option, but still a $300 phone is a more tempting target for a thief than a $20 phone. -- If mine gets stolen, I can easily replace it. If I have the latest piece of high end technocrack, less so.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 5:03 am

Quote:
Which smart phone do you have, and do you like it?

i only have stupid phones. one rings and i can not locate it within the 8 ring length it takes to go to the message bank, and the other one is always lost somewhere under rubbish (that piles up rapidly (papers and stuff)) and is also difficult to locate before it goes to message bank.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 May 2016, 10:26 am

iPhone 6

I like it but honestly I probably don't need everything that it does.(barely need the phone part to be honest, not like people call me) I like iPhone better than Android phones as I just feel they are a higher quality product and I don't really like the AndroidOS. One thing with the 6 is that it is pretty huge so it's kind of annoying to carry around.