Sea Gull

30 Apr 2007, 9:02 am

I have an IMAC and i love it!! !! !!
i will never go PC again..

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 9:20 am

Please don't spell MAC with all capital letters. It's not an acronym like "PC." It's Mac.

Yes, I have several Macs, from 1985 to 2000. My main Mac is my 2000 model dual 500mhz PowerMac G4.

dumbgenius
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 9:24 am

I was given two Mac laptops from the early-mid 90s. They still work even thought I fell on top of one and bumped them a lot. I would buy a Mac if the weren't too expensive, just to learn more about the OS. When I saw the Mac mini being sold in Jan 2005 on their website for 500$ I thought that I would be able to buy one of those used for under 300$ by now, but for some reason on several websites that I've found still sell them used for around 500$. Guess I should have bought one in 2005 and then resold it today for the same price. Last time I checked, a new Mac mini started at 600$. I already have linux that does most things a Mac can, and Windows that plays games that a Mac can't.

dumbgenius
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 9:36 am

Maybe he really meant Magnetic Accelerator Cannon.

Or any of these:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.a ... cronym=MAC

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2007, 11:14 am

No, I actually ment a Macintosh computer....if that really bothers you then i am sure you wont like any of my posts either for i am a living, writing, breathing, atrocity to the IT terminoligy field or anything i write about for that matter.

IrishEyes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 11:15 am

I am awaiting the arrival of Leopard, until I spend my money on a Mac Pro laptop. Any news on when it's coming out?

nitro2k01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2007, 12:18 pm

hyperbolic wrote:
Please don't spell MAC with all capital letters. It's not an acronym like "PC." It's Mac.
Just what I was about to say. I don't have a Mac, however, I have several computers, each of which has network card with a MAC address each.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 12:33 pm

I have an iMac Core 2 Duo 17" with the dedicated video chipset.

Kcihtred2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2007, 1:53 pm

dont like macs one bit here. never want to learn them, unless i have to (even tho i hate microsoft)

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 1:59 pm

I have a MacBook and an iMac. I love Apple. I will never use another computer, I will never use another company. OS X rocks!

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 4:01 pm

Well I'm using one of my Macs right now but I'll use anything that can crunch bytes.
I have a friend who I call a Mac fascist (a bit more radical than your average Mac evangelist) who swears Macs are totally superior but having had mine apart I can say they are made from much the same Chinese crud as PC's, there boxes are much prettier but that makes them harder to fix. OSX is quite cool though.

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 6:05 pm

A MAC could also be a Migration Authorisation Code to shift your broadband supplier.

I would have to say, they only look prettier from my POV, and that if you build your own compy anyway, you can easily make a pretty machine (not so easy if you want a laptop though)

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 6:24 pm

zombie wrote:
Do you have a MAC computer? I do and i love it, MAC's are the BEST. :D :D
I'm not a fanboy or anything but IMHO macs suck because:

1.They're OVERPRICED.

2.Even if they support Boot Camp,macs still suck for gaming.

Don't flame me for having a opinion different from yours alright?

whit3rabbit33
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 May 2007, 12:46 pm

I bought a MacBook (the sexy black one) last June. I had a really old mac back when I was a kid then we got PC's (the family still has one at home). I like Mac's a lot more because they are so much simpler. Before I got a Mac I though that Apple was trying to take over the world for various reasons. Still sort of do, but now I accept it more.

Even despite the problems with MacBooks that have been happening, I still love my MacBook. I can't help but love black machienery. It just looks so stylish and classy and just bad ass.

I am waiting for Leopard to come out too. I haven't seen or heard of any dates yet, just "this spring". I think we desrve a date soon. I am getting anxious.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 May 2007, 9:16 pm

I have a MacBook. I got it last July, and it was the first Mac computer I ever used. I'll never use a PC again (except when I have to for school). :)