Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2024, 11:29 am

My driving insurance company offered me 10% off if I get an app which will allow them to monitor all aspects of my driving. They use something like GPS to record my speed, braking patterns, travel routes, amount of usage, etc. This would include my kids since we all share one car.

After a year I would save 25% assuming I'm a "good driver".

Uh, thanks but no thanks. That really wigged me out. I don't need Big Brother following me around. I don't even use Alexa or Siri, and never have. They said a lot of people refuse it as well.

Would anyone here be willing to do that?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2024, 1:24 pm

f**k no.

Unless such devices are made mandatory I have no interest.
If they're only mandatory to be installed at the time of sale yanking it out would be a higher priority than filling the gas tank for the first time.

Ideally such devices would be banned.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell