What is your main phone? And, what's the best you've owned?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SGHFan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jun 2024, 9:22 pm

For me: My main phone is the Asus Zenfone 10, and my favorite phone has been the OnePlus 6.
:D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

21 Jun 2024, 12:27 am

My current phone is an LG V40 Thin Q. My previous phone was a Droid 4 that I used for many years till it broke because I really liked having a physical keypad for typing. The Droid 4 was the best phone I had for the first couple years. I really wish I could get a current phone with a physical keypad & the bigger size & heavier weight would be well worth it for me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2024, 1:05 am

I have a google pixel 6 I think, and so far it is probably the best phone I have had so far. The battery life is a bit questionable so I do have to make sure and recharge it often but other than that I can't really complain as in every other way it is better than my last phone which was some sort of LG smartphone...when I went to upgrade the guy was suprised i still had a functioning one of those phones so I suppose it really was time for an upgrade.

So, the upgrade was the google pixel 6 and so far I am happy with it.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2024, 2:39 am

I just asked for the cheapest one they had. It was a Samsung A03 which I have since updated to a Samsung A15, which was on sale for the same price as the A03. I don't like it but I doubt I would like another phone any better. It's not intuitive at all and it takes me forever to figure out how to do something.

MoeTrashPanda
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2024, 8:23 am

My current phone is a Galaxy Z Flip 3. I like itttttt, but have some issues with it. The phone I had previously was definitely more robust, but I really like how small the Z Flip 3 is. Most of my clothes are designed by men, for women, so they have the tiniest little pockets--and the Z Flip 3 fits in them! I also carry fanny packs a lot to reduce overstimulation of lugging a big purse around, so she fits in there wonderfully as well.

Pros of Galaxy Z Flip 3:
:heart: tiny and easy to carry around (good for "girl" pockets)
:heart: I can prop the camera up without using anything external (pop socket, selfie stick, tripod, etc.) by just opening the phone halfway
:heart: very cute and aesthetically pleasing (I am unashamed that this is a pro for me)
:heart: I love that you can customize the cover screen (little screen on the outside of the phone)--I have art I made of my kitty as my cover. I can access my music, audiobooks, notifications, and other widgets etc. from there
:heart: novelty value. I often get people asking about my phone when they see me flip it, and they ask if they can open and close it (to which I say yes of course, and instantly hand over my phone)
:heart: I can stim with my phone (opening and closing it)

Neutral:
:? A decent battery life. Not as good as my previous phone, but it works for me and my limited usage
:? I did a spec comparison between my old phone and the flip phone, and most of the other things stayed the same (aside from camera, screen size, etc.). Frame rate is the same, etc.

Cons of Galaxy Z Flip 3:
:evil: the camera is NOT very good at all. My old phone had a pretty good camera. My partner has the Google Pixel 6, so I always ask to use their camera instead of mine
:evil: within a year, a very large amount of stress lines started appearing in the middle of the phone where it folds. I read you're only supposed to open and close the phone like 5 times MAX each day--yeah heck this, I open and close my phone wayyy more than this (it used to be a stim for me to open and close it dear god, that's probably why I have so many stress lines)

I used to have some sort of Samsung phone before this one. I unfortunately forgot what it was, since it's been a few years. Overall, I like my flip and am considering getting the newer version when it's time for me to upgrade my phone. I have enough gaming stuff (PC and MSI laptop) and tablets (iPad) that I use frequently, so I'm not really missing out on anything with the Z Flip 3 besides the camera, and the aesthetic bummer of the stress lines. Judge all you want for my poor technology decision, but it works for me and my priorities! I'm not on my phone often enough, or doing strenuous things on my phone to warrant a more robust phone like the Pixel.

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

21 Jun 2024, 10:47 am

MoeTrashPanda wrote:
:? I did a spec comparison between my old phone and the flip phone, and most of the other things stayed the same (aside from camera, screen size, etc.). Frame rate is the same, etc.
How does the scrern size of tbe Z Flip compare to other current phones :?: A bigger screen size would be the reason I would consider getting one. Though I'd much rather if a phone had a physical flip keypad :(

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MoeTrashPanda
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2024, 11:08 am

nick007 wrote:
MoeTrashPanda wrote:
How does the scrern size of tbe Z Flip compare to other current phones :?: A bigger screen size would be the reason I would consider getting one. Though I'd much rather if a phone had a physical flip keypad :(

Oh, definitely much smaller than my old Samsung, and my partner's Google Pixel 6. It's very much less wide than my old phone was. It was an adjustment to get used to the smaller keyboard. I have small hands, so it wasn't a big deal for me (actually preferable because of the ease of fitting it into small pockets), but I can see how it would be a big deal for someone else! ʕ•ᴥ<ʔ

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

Last edited by MoeTrashPanda on 21 Jun 2024, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoeTrashPanda
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2024, 11:10 am

nick007 wrote:
Though I'd much rather if a phone had a physical flip keypad :(

SERIOUSLY! I debated getting an old cheapo flip phone for taking with me when I'm out and about, because of the clicky physical keypad.

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2024, 12:49 am

I just got (on contract) a new Google Pixel 8. I'm still getting used to it and it has many features that my old phone didn't, such as song identification. I can access it with my fingerprint which is cool. I haven't used the camera much but the photos I have taken look good.

My last phone was a Huawei Nova 3i. I got it in 2018 so it lasted a very long time. I never dropped it the whole time I had it. It was quite a big phone so it only fitted inside my handbag pocket. It had a very pretty back cover - purple and blue metallic that I loved to look at. Its selfie camera was actually better than its outward camera, I found that amusing. The only reason I gave up this phone was because the battery started swelling, this was alarming.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2024, 3:11 pm

I got an Apple Watch. After I got it I discovered it didn’t work without a iPhone or iPad tablet. So I went online and got a used iPhone 8 with a cracked screen. That is now my main phone.

I preferred my previous phone. A PalmOS Treo 650

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2024, 11:10 pm

My main phone that I use is my landline. I very seldom use my mobile and only own it in the event of driving emergencies, or needing to get an Uber etc. I don't really even know how to use my phone except to play music. For ages I didn't even know how to answer it or hang up a call.

I get my daughter's hand-me-down phones. I had her old iPhone 4 for about eight years. Then I think it was an 8. Now I have a 10 or 11. I can't even remember. I'm lucky if I can even find it when I need it.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2024, 2:03 am

I have a Samsung A52s. It's kind of mid range I suppose. Nothing fancy but not as basic as some.

Many moons ago I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 which was top of their range at the time and I felt pretty swish. I'm very much priced out of the flagship phone market now £1000+??? For a phone? No. I don't do contracts any more either, i like to own things outright.

I've come to hate smart phones. When I was a kid I used to dream about this sort of technology but now we have it I don't really like it.

The ways in which they are useful is greatly outweighed by the way they shape behaviour and culture in my opinion. And the ways in such they are useful make them very difficult to give up.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2024, 2:43 am

iPhone. I had iPhones since the iPhone 6s. I can usually figure out what goes wrong with that, and the iPad (they both utilize IOS. Then again, I used to work as a contractor employee of Apple some 25 years ago.

I did have an older android until very recently (after my iPhone 12 Pro gave up the ghost, no thanks to a dead battery and a blown logic board, after 4 years. No way I was going to pay $500.00 to have it repaired. I ended up buying a refurbished iPhone 11 Pro, and ditched the Android (donated that phone to the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League that is working on a project to donate cell phones to military personnel. The only reason I’m staying with iPhone is I’m wearing a Dexcom G6 CGM, and, until recently, when my endocrinologist ordered me a G6 meter from Dexcom, I was using the meter software for the iPhone.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2024, 5:35 am

I just use a basic Nokia, I think it's the 102. I find it much less fiddly than a smartphone. Have my sisters old iPhone but rarely use it.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2024, 9:51 pm

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2024, 11:00 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My main phone that I use is my landline. I very seldom use my mobile and only own it in the event of driving emergencies, or needing to get an Uber etc. I don't really even know how to use my phone except to play music. For ages I didn't even know how to answer it or hang up a call.

I get my daughter's hand-me-down phones. I had her old iPhone 4 for about eight years. Then I think it was an 8. Now I have a 10 or 11. I can't even remember. I'm lucky if I can even find it when I need it.

Wow, like I don't know anyone who uses a landline as their main. Me and my boyfriend do not have a land line at all, so any calls we get are on our smart phones. I kind of prefer not having a land line as its much easier to ignore unwanted calls on a cell phone than a land line. And I can make it ring tone that is not fingers on the chalk board sounding.

For me the hardest bit of transitioning to a smart phone was the screen keyboard, but idk I have done ok with that so far.

But also some people would prefer a more simple cell phone or land line...I just for sure kind of like the tiny computer at my fingertips aspect of smartphones. But yeah for a time I think my sister was just using a basic cell phone, but she does do plenty of instagram posts with her dogs, a couple cute french bulldog buddies. So idk if she is now using a smart phone or if she just uses it when when connected to at home internet for dog pictures idk. Or maybe they use a real Camra and upload them online later idk. But whatever I love my sister and her husband(brother in law to me now) and their dogs.