Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 8:44 pm

On many programming-related forums, it is common for people to make requests to "do the needful" by writing significant bits of computer code for the requester. Usually a set of requirements (from a computer science assignment or worse job assignment!) is included, usually in horribly mangled English. If you're lucky, they'll include some code, showing they've made at least minimal initiative. More often than not, though, the code shows a fundamental lack of understanding of basic programming and computer science concepts.

Do you nevertheless "do the needful"? Do you ignore them?

If you've ever been in a programming jam and done a Google search to get more information, you'll often stumble upon these forums.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 9:47 pm

nah...I'm a different part of the food chain. I see code as a tool, and someone else does the hard parts. Bout as complicated as I get nowadays is writing batch files...;)

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 9:56 pm

pakled wrote:
nah...I'm a different part of the food chain. I see code as a tool, and someone else does the hard parts. Bout as complicated as I get nowadays is writing batch files...;)

pleaz do the needful and write mes a batch file who will display contents of C: directory.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 7:20 am

dir