Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 5:38 pm

Then other day I picked up an old gateway to put Windows 2000 and Xubuntu on. I didn't come with a video card but had an AGP slot. A friend gave me a ATI Rage Turbo Pro 3-D AGP video card. The thing is old but so is the computer.

However the thing I need help with is the CD-Input & Output plugs on the card. [It has a plug on it similar to the back of a tv so you can hook a tv to the computer and get input.] What do I do with those input plugs because I want to get audio input to a TV set.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 7:47 pm

Those plugs use a cable that goes from the back of the CD drive to the card... usually a standard. Just ask any used parts store for a cd audio cable, they will understand you. :P

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:05 am

kip wrote:
Those plugs use a cable that goes from the back of the CD drive to the card... usually a standard. Just ask any used parts store for a cd audio cable, they will understand you. :P

I already have an audio cable running from the cd drive to the sound card. Will I still get analog CG-Audio.