Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2006, 6:52 pm

Assassin wrote:
lmao

Totally agree!! Plus according to them the Imperial-class Star Destroyer now has 20 weapons instead of the over 130 that it has had for the past 20 years. Even more hilarious are the fact that they see all previous Star Wars works as "outdated" but if it came first, has been referenced over 100 times, is fictional and all they can do is offer spectacularly flawed "scientific facts" :roll: to justify their way, I just say: ROTFWL!! !

Yakko: We'd love to stay here and count our brain cells as they die one-by-one.
Dot: But we can't.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2006, 7:05 pm

lol

As an author, I can tell you that in finalised fictional works, the "outdated" stuff is generally more reliable than the "updated" stuff, which is more likely to be the inconsistency than the older stuff. Of corse, this only applies when the older informations allreddy published. If its still a work in progress, chances are the "updated" stuff is a revision of the old stuff, so the "outdated" stuff reelly wood be outdated.

Of corse, even in published works, there are exeptions, for example, the idia in A New Hope that Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker was made obselete by the new information in ESB an Jedi that Obi Wans account had been a metafor desined to shield Luke from the harsh truth that Vader WAS Anakin.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

worsedale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2006, 3:32 pm

:evil: All hell will rain down on all of you :evil:
For embracing star wars
You're helping it to poison cinema for ever! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2006, 7:12 pm

erm... wtf? what can you possibly have against star wars?

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Naga_Sadow
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Jan 2006, 9:39 pm

Grievous wrote:
Naga_Sadow wrote:
the guardian was definetly an executor class. there were 4 built by the battle of hoth. Han state in rotj that there were mant command ships so we can assume that by the battle of endor executor class were rather numerous.

Just a correction to your statement. The Executor is a Super class Star Destroyer as it has been published as recently as 2006 now, with the 8km length intact. The Executor-class is more of a slang, regardless of what the SWIT book states.

According to the official site. Its 19 km long.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/superstardestroyer/index.html

I really find the super class declaration distasteful since it would imply that the first ship was named Super.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2006, 9:43 pm

The official fact file holds it as 8km.

Ship classes arent named after the first ship of that class, there named after the original design concept.

Naga_Sadow
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jan 2006, 3:32 am

Assassin wrote:
The official fact file holds it as 8km.

Ship classes arent named after the first ship of that class, there named after the original design concept.

Where's this offical fact file?

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2006, 5:28 pm

It was a weekly thing that bilt up. It ended about a yeer ago. I dont think you can still get it, apart from second hand, from a collector, or via back-issues.

worsedale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2006, 4:22 pm

Quote:
erm... wtf? what can you possibly have against star wars?

Its s**t. :) :P

I don't need a justification for hating it. It is crap.

Hatred of star wars is a fundamental human emotion.

You are all affectating your natural hatred of star wars!

YOU ARE LIVING A LIE!! !! !! !

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 4:37 pm

If you dont need a reason to hate it, then its you whose living a lie.

JediofRohan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2006, 3:13 pm

Holy Crud! I love Star Wars. Tim Zahn writes the BEST novels, and I can't wait til Outbound Flight hits stores, cause Thrawny Boy is back! *drools*

worsedale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2006, 4:01 pm

How can you wax lyrical about star wars soooo much?

Its just a facet of Lucasfilm, calculated to make millions of money. Theres no premise behind it, nothing.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2006, 9:18 pm

Troll.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2006, 9:46 am

Yes...

worsedale, Star Wars has a lot more premise behind it than most films.

Mabey its mainly intended to make money, but that goes for ANY FILM EVER MADE. Do you not go to the cinema/watch tv at all?

worsedale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2006, 1:20 pm

Quote:
Yes...

worsedale, Star Wars has a lot more premise behind it than most films.

Mabey its mainly intended to make money, but that goes for ANY FILM EVER MADE. Do you not go to the cinema/watch tv at all?

But what premise would that be? I do consider films and TV even if my first premonition about them is that they are sh*te.

Quote:
Troll.

Troll yourself! :twisted:

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 11:59 am

I didn't care for the prequels aka cash cows. At all.

I only enjoy the oldies :D