ASSUMED MOVIE, TV AND CARTOON CHARACTERS W/ ASPERGERS

Page 24 of 43 [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 43  Next

SamanthaBlake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Mar 2009, 6:01 pm

definatly definatly sheldon in the big bang theory and i recommend you watch it

dedhead66
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Mar 2009, 9:11 am

I haven't read the entire thread but I think Jamie Hyneman from MythBusters has some of the classic traits of AS. At least on the show he is quiet, non-social, speaks in a monotone and becomes fixated on his interests.

csmonitor.com wrote:
It took Hyneman a of couple years to feel comfortable talking in front of a camera, let alone to strangers on the street. "You have to remember that I'm a guy who is happiest in a dark room just thinking," he says. "I'm not a sociable person. I don't like to talk."

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2009, 10:23 am

I can't remember whether I've mentioned him before, but Gaetan 'The Mole' Moliere, the geologist in the Disney cartoon "Atlantis: The Lost Empire", seems rather Aspie to me (obsessive interests, weird tastes, socially inept, poor hygiene).

Thom1234
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2009, 5:35 pm

Probably clutching at straws here, but Paul Dano's character in Little Miss Sunshine (awesome movie.) Obsessive interest, general disregard for social norms, seeming dislike of loud environments, frustration at his inability to express himself, and so on.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2009, 2:36 pm

Among the many various characters on Bones that have AS like qualities, I'm sure that the Colin Fisher...the current assistant intern definitly has AS. This is especially prominent in his monotone speech and his constant pessismism.

Also Marshall in Alias. He's the guy who does the computer and gadget work for SD-6 and he always have to give a presentation at every meeting where he's always stumbling in his speech. He's very shy around people and he runs around awkwardly.

They breifly had a character on Grey's Anatomy with AS named Dr. Virginia Dixon. She's was more of a negative, overexaggerated portrayal of AS as she was extremely anti-social and very cold towards patients but I for one actually enjoyed her. There's an episode where she has a meltdown and a couple of characters had to help her calm down. It's a pretty funny scene.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk5_C2FOB7s[/youtube]

Dianitapilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2009, 9:57 pm

I can't believe this!! !
:D :D :D :D :D :D

any way, most of the characters I had in mind are already listed in the topic but here I go:

-Jamal, the charachter from the new american/wolliwood film Slumdog millionaire. There are lots of hints, one of them is when the guy asks the TV presentator if he's nervous (when he was the one nervous). Another was "when people makes me questions I just answer".
-amelie poulan... a person of simple pleasures like inserting his hands in a bag filled with dried beans
-From deep blue movie (le grand bleu) Jacques Mayol, the guy that talks almost exclusively with dolphines... although it can be a trauma.?
-I know it's been mentioned but definitely the It crowd guy moss. Maybe also the guy behind the red door.
-lot's of characters from quentin tarantino's films.. but i suppose that would be a thread by itself.
-harry potter?
-forest gump
-the camera weirdo from american beauty, maybe the daughter and the mother
-the shawshank redemption main character.
-taxi driver main character
-the 2 guys from elementarteilchen or at least one.

for the rest i don't remmember now, I really suck when it comes to remmember names.... specially of movies I've seen :) but I'll close with the IT crowd vid

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f27IqVo5-Oc&feature=related[/youtube]

Phlelko
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 May 2009, 7:39 pm

Don't know if somone said already but what about Knuckles from the Sonic Games/TVshow. He kinda seems like it

Demonique
Raven
Raven

14 May 2009, 8:50 pm

I remember reading a post on some site where the poster thought Stork from Storm Hawks had AS, but I don't think so.

He's paranoid, but according to the show's creator that's a species, he has no problem with eye contact and shoves his face into others at times.

I think he has OCD though

I think there's quite a few characters on the show that aren't NT, Snipe, Dark Ace (megalomania anyone?), Master Cyclonis

Harrier, not AS, just extremely British

Trimalchio
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2009, 2:12 pm

I like to think that Satoshi from DN Angel is an aspie. He's extremely intelligent (graduated from college at 13), has terrible social skills and only one friend, whom he behaves slightly awkward towards, and is very quiet. He also has excellent visual and auditory perception, like many aspies, and flinches at physical contact.

Very aspie-like, if you ask me.

I think I'm normal....ish...

keerawa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2009, 2:48 pm

The angel Castiel from Supernatural. His eye contact is always off - too much or too little. Castiel has a flat affect. He cares about humans, but doesn't really seem to understand them at all. And he gets really, really distessed when he doesn't know what's going on or what he's supposed to do.

Chyndonax
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2009, 9:16 pm

Stephen from the most recent episode of Survivor. If you watch the first part of the reunion show you can really see it as he stares off into the fire and works his hangnails, something I do as well.

Interesting to note he went to the final two.

pinkiepie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 May 2009, 12:24 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
As far as my favourite movie and AS are concerned, Rita is the high functioning one, Roddy is somewhere in the middle, leaning towards being higher functioning, and Sid is the lower functioning Aspie out of the three.

Hey Cockney Rebel, Flushed Away is one of my fave movies, too. Anyhoo, I'll add 2 more FA characters in the list of assumed Aspies.

The Toad--he's obsessed with the destruction of rats, and he got a little ticked when Roddy called his collection "amusing" when he demanded that it be called "diverting"

Roddy: I find it pretty amusing...
The Toad: angry I expect it to be diverting, NOT AMUSING!

Whitey--he takes just about everything literally

Spike: Bingo!
wh***y: Scrabble!

Spike: Target, 12 o'clock!
wh***y: looks on his wrist as if looking at a watch

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2009, 1:58 am

Wow nobody's mentioned "Revenge of the Nerds" yet?! C'mon. They're NERDS! Alright not all of the "nerds" in the movie had Asperger's 'cuz some (like Lamar) were outcasts for a different reason than their social behavior, but I'd say a lot of 'em had it.

Lewis had that goofy laugh and was also a bit naive in some parts of the movie.

Gilbert was an innocent but smart character (and his girlfriend Judy, even more so)

Wormser was a 12-year-old aerodynamics whiz kid who was already in college. How does that NOT scream "Aspie" to you?!

Poindexter was the stereotypical smart guy who was always afraid of everything and hardly spoke.

The other three "nerds" probably didn't have it. Lamar I already mentioned, "Booger" seemed like more of a disgusting comic relief than a "nerd", and Takashi was a nerd by default simply because he was a foreign exchange student.

Other AS characters in movies and TV...Hmmm....

In "The Simpsons":

Lisa, of course, like a lot of people on the board have already said.

Ralph Wiggum is probably somewhere on the autistic spectrum, but not Aspie.

Milhouse seems like an Aspie, although mainly 'cuz he's a nerd :P

Comic Book Guy as well since he relates better to fictional characters than real ones

Professor Frink, for similar reasons to Milhouse

In "Spongebob Squarepants":

Spongebob, since he's emotionally immature and oblivious to how others think of him.

Squidward, since he's antisocial and has specific special interests

In "The Big Bang Theory":

I'm tempted to say "every character except Penny" here - Sheldon...umm...well anyone who's seen the show would know why ;)

Leonard, although more social than his peers, doesn't seem to get quite the hang of how to socialize properly.

Howard 'cuz he doesn't seem to notice his various rejections by women, he just keeps on doing what he's doing.

Raj is probably less Aspie than the other three though he does exhibit some traits of it when he tries to socialize with women.

Oh yeah, and Leslie Winkle as well though that's probably just 'cuz she's...well...a nerd :P

In "Sesame Street":

I think pretty much every Muppet character on the show had some kind of diagnostic behavior, esp. the '70s and early '80s characters:

Big Bird (at least the original Big Bird before they decided his age was 6) had arrested development, and even after that he was thought of as being delusional 'cuz he was the only one who could see Snuffleupagus

Ernie was oblivious to how Bert usually felt and had an obsession with his rubber duckie, so I think he's Aspie

Bert, of course, was WAY more Aspie since he was somewhat antisocial and had a love for odd things like paper clips, oatmeal, pigeons, and bottlecaps.

Grover seemed especially Aspie in those clips where he was taking orders from that Blue guy who kept shouting "Waiter!"

Cookie Monster and The Count both had OCD. One couldn't live without cookies and the other couldn't live without counting.

Kermit the Frog (yes, he was on Sesame Street AND the Muppet Show) seemed Aspie in those clips where he just couldn't control his temper when people would do things like continually goof up his name or sell him things he didn't want or goof up on one of their lines.

Oscar the Grouch is as antisocial as you can get. Might not have been Aspie, but he'd probably be diagnosed with something

Telly was totally OCD. He was a total worry-wart...and he also had that weird obsession with triangles. Also he tried to be friends with Oscar a lot of times, despite the fact that Oscar was...well...a grouch.

Prairie Dawn was normally calm, but she had her Aspie moments too being the control freak she was sometimes.

More modern characters like Elmo and Baby Bear didn't have anything. They were just little kids who acted like little kids to me.

In "The Breakfast Club":

Allison Reynolds 'cuz she had very eccentric behavior and was also very shy.

In "Rocko's Modern Life":

Filbert is totally hypochondriac/OCD so he might be Aspie.

Rocko probably is Aspie too since he gets easily annoyed by people (though I can't think of any other reason)

In "Napoleon Dynamite":

The title character and his two closest friends 'cuz they all seem to be naive and socially awkward.

In "Rugrats":

Chuckie 'cuz he always gets really scared of things really easily and also seems somewhat smart for his age.

notbrianna
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jun 2009, 1:56 pm

Mertin from Big Wplf on Campus has some aspie traits. He is obsessed with the paranormal and the supernatural and he seems to specialize in supernatural beings with a subsecialty in werewolves. He also knows alot about vampires. He remembers things that most people don't (he knows that he and his new best friend Tommy have had lockers next to each other since the third grade) and he responds to various situations inappropriatly regularly. If one of their adventures mirrors the plot of a particular movie he spends more time talking about how well that movie was reviewed or about how the special effects were achieved than he does about the plot itself.

Cassidybat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2009, 10:38 pm

Here's my list of characters who may have Aspergers:

Osaka (Azumanga Daioh)

Dwight (The Office)

Dagget (Angry Beavers)

Delete (Cyberchase)

Wakko Warner (Animaniacs)

Lilo (Lilo and Stitch)

Boober (Fraggle Rock)

Dib (Invader Zim)

Zim (Invader Zim)

Froggo (Histeria) (Kudos to anyone who actually remembers this show)

Millie (Ozy and Millie)

Edd (Ed, Edd and Eddy)

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 12:30 am

Brainy Smurf been mentioned yet?