Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

darkfire627
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2009, 5:56 am

Has anyone else been watching this? I really didn't want to like it, but I was convinced to watch it and it's hilarious. I had been expecting something similar to High School Musical, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm impressed by the music they've used so far as well.

goybandrocks
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Sep 2009, 7:44 pm

Oh my god. I love Glee!

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 6:00 am

I like the show. It thought it would be like HMS, but it is actually very entertaining and mature.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2009, 6:40 am

Horrible show oh husband has to ask his wife to use the bathroom and husband has to ask his wife if he can eat a tiny piece of food. That is disgusting.

Aidans_Mum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2009, 2:35 pm

I think it's kind of stupid. I really had hoped I'd like it, I've seen it 3 times now and the people seem to be contrived and silly. Finn thinks he got his girlfriend pregnant, even though they've never had sex?? Please, writers, we're smarter than that (if you missed the episode, his girlfriend IS pregnant but by another boy, and she tells Finn he impregnated her by ejaculating in a hot tub they were sitting in; he beleived this).

I'll give it a try one more time but so far, I'm not impressed.

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2009, 4:17 pm

I love Glee! That show is hilarious. I loved it last week when the football players were out on the field during the game dancing away. They looked so silly.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 5:41 am

Aidans_Mum wrote:
I think it's kind of stupid. I really had hoped I'd like it, I've seen it 3 times now and the people seem to be contrived and silly. Finn thinks he got his girlfriend pregnant, even though they've never had sex?? Please, writers, we're smarter than that (if you missed the episode, his girlfriend IS pregnant but by another boy, and she tells Finn he impregnated her by ejaculating in a hot tub they were sitting in; he beleived this).

I'll give it a try one more time but so far, I'm not impressed.

I haven't seen that episode, it is next week.
But I don't think that is too unrealistic. I know a few people who would believe that...

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 7:26 pm

I really like the show. It nees to have more face time for Dianna Agronn, however.

Aidans_Mum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2009, 3:06 pm

FieryGatoh wrote:
But I don't think that is too unrealistic. I know a few people who would believe that...

Good point, you're right.

And I have to admit, the episode with Kristin Chenoweth was very good. I wasn't crazy about the song choice for the school assembly as being plausible, but whatever. :)

Emma93

04 Oct 2009, 3:27 am

I like the show !

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 7:05 pm

OMG! Last night's episode was absolutely hilarious. Best of the series so far. When the cheerleader coach was writing in her journal, I was nearly rolling on the floor.

". . . if we don't win the championship, I won't get my hovercraft."

Maika
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Oct 2009, 1:31 am

i luv glee, mostly for the singing parts though. some of the story doesnt really catch my attention sometimes. Terri (i think that's her name, i have trouble making out what people are saying sometimes :() reeeally pisses me off lol. but the singing is yay! it makes me wanna sing....but i always run out of breath and i cant seem to project my voice louder than normal volume, le sigh :shrug:

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2009, 2:56 pm

I totally agree with you Maika. I love the show mostly for the singing and some of the story bores me but i still try to keep up with it; and Mr. Shuster's wife annoys the heck out of me and i wish she was off the show.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2009, 12:07 pm

It took some warming up to for me. I hated the pilot episode. It was so generic and cheesy and cliche.

But in the later episodes I started to enjoy a little more...characters are more developed...intriguing and funny storylines. I like the dark and edgy turn that the producers said they were taking with this show.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 12:12 am

raisedbyignorance wrote:
It took some warming up to for me. I hated the pilot episode. It was so generic and cheesy and cliche.

But in the later episodes I started to enjoy a little more...characters are more developed...intriguing and funny storylines.

This is the opposite of me. I completely fell in love with the pilot and the first few episodes were also pretty good. But now I'm liking it less each week, the storyline is just getting boring. I really love the music though, it's the only reason I keep watching. I really want to love this show, I hope it can change my mind.

Aidans_Mum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2009, 11:03 am

It's still growing on me. It gets kind of cheesy at times (this week's episode when Finn grabs both Quinn and Rachel's hands while singing) but the writing is very good. I love Jane Lynch (coach Sue Sylvester), her lines are fantastic.

"I empower my Cheerios to be champions. Do they go to college? I don't know. I don't care. Should they learn Spanish? Sure, if they wanna become dishwashers and gardeners. "

"I'll often yell at homeless people: 'Hey, how is that homelessness working out for you? Try not being homeless for once.'"