Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2009, 9:36 pm

I tried looking for the answer in Google but I'm getting brick walls every search I did.

When I was a teenager in high school, i had the tv on as background noise on Disney channel or usually watch cartoon network. The main reason was that nothing appealed me on prime-time, and even though I was getting too old for cartoons and pbs kids, I feared that if I watched grown up programing my parents would not let me watch the programing. I had no clue what high schoolers watch on tv.

So what do high schoolers on watch on tv?

shugo974
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2009, 10:00 pm

most ppl in my high school watch icarly, and a show called degrassi.

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2009, 10:40 pm

As a High Schooler myself, I watch Six Feet Under, or anything HBO, The Office, Doctor Who, and I compulsively watch Ren and Stimpy. I do not watch much Television though. Kids I know watch Degrassi, Hannah Montana (Yeah, our mentality has been reduced to that of a small pickled fish.), And Disney Channel programs

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2009, 12:44 am

All I watch on TV is sports, and I also like Firefly but that I can only watch on the internet.

werewolf1994
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2009, 1:56 am

I like Heroes (X-men rip off) and The Big Bang Theory (comedy about 4 phisiscists) and also Code Geass (awsomest anime ever)

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 1:20 pm

Degrassi is big here for high schoolers, but just watching the commercials makes me feel more stressed and negative. I think it's shows like that that are making people grow up too fast. Also, as others said, Disney Channel is also just as popular here. That and MTV :wink:

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 1:53 pm

I am not in HS, but I like crime shows such as "CSI", "Snapped", "Captured", "Law & Order", etc etc.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2009, 5:39 pm

I don't believe this, after they get too old for PBS, they just jump into primetime broadcast tv?

Is is because there's nothing specifically for teenagers on broadcast tv?

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Dec 2009, 1:45 pm

Jkid wrote:
I don't believe this, after they get too old for PBS, they just jump into primetime broadcast tv?

Is is because there's nothing specifically for teenagers on broadcast tv?

There are shows desgined for teens like Degrassi, and The Best Years (for some reason most of them are filmed in Canada.) The problem is those usually are considered lame by most teenagers.

I'm nineteen myself, and throughout High School, all the girls watched Grey's Anatomy, and all the guys watched South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, and a bunch of stupid shows on Comedy Central. Some people also watched The Real World and other trashy reality shows. Oh, and everyone watched American Idol. Not to stereotype, but the black kids in my school all had their own shows that they watched.