Page 3 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Julia_the_Great
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2010, 8:58 pm

jagatai wrote:
Any films that really freaked you out?
"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" - I ended up working with the director, Mel Stuart so I understand why that film is so weird.

Cool. What did you do with him?

Films:

-Chucky
-Annie (okay, come on, a guy is holding her hanging on a bridge, wanting to kill her)
-Matilda (ironically it was and is also one of my favorite films)
-A Russian sci-fi film where a guy is stabbed in the back (literally) and is seen bleeding and crawling up a flight of stairs
-I first saw the Harry Potter films when I was seven or eight *shiver*

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 10:10 pm

speaking of incarnations of a christmas carol:
A Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol scared me a bit when i was younger and that made me want to watch even more. It gets really freaky at the end with ghost of the future. I was tough though and braved it out....unlike the beginning of the goofy movie where i left the room until the scary dream sequence ended.

then there was this movie.... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154129/
i loved it because winnie the pooh was in it but i didn't understand it at all. and dude all of these famous cartoon
characters together....like at once! it blew me away.
i was talking to my brother about it and he said he doesn't want to watch again. too many bad memories.
i tried watching it on youtube recently...it's so freaky.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 12:18 am

The made-for-tv film Stephen King's Rose Red, which aired in 2002, freaked me out a lot.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 12:44 am

Julia_the_Great wrote:
jagatai wrote:
Any films that really freaked you out?
"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" - I ended up working with the director, Mel Stuart so I understand why that film is so weird.

Cool. What did you do with him?

Films:

-Chucky
-Annie (okay, come on, a guy is holding her hanging on a bridge, wanting to kill her)
-Matilda (ironically it was and is also one of my favorite films)
-A Russian sci-fi film where a guy is stabbed in the back (literally) and is seen bleeding and crawling up a flight of stairs
-I first saw the Harry Potter films when I was seven or eight *shiver*

I used to do animations of photographs, newspaper headlines etc. Zoom ins, Pans, etc. Simple moves on still images so they don't look as static in a show. I still do this sort of stuff, but now in a computer rather than on an animation stand.

In his later years, Mel Stuart has made a lot of documentaries. I shot material for one on Man Ray, one on Billy Wilder and another called "Running On The Sun" which is about an ultra-marathon in death valley. He's a good film maker and actually a pretty decent guy, but can be a bit prickly. He's the sort of person who is so cantankerous and annoying that you can't help but like him.

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2010, 2:22 pm

Who framed Rodger Rabbit. i saw it when i was 9 or so, and the scene where Judge Doom kills the cartoon shoe really freaked me out (no, i dont know why). the scene still bugs me a bit, but the rest of the movie is pretty funny.

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 2:43 pm

jagatai wrote:
"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"

really????

not really so much the movie itself but until I was about 9 or 10 I always covered my eyes in the first scene in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles where you actually fully see the shredder and even 'til I was 12 I still watched it through my fingers.

There was this one episode of X-Files with a demonic doll and someone always died after it would say "I want to play" and I remember after I saw tat episdoe there was this doll sitting in the corner of my room and at first I turnes her around so her eyes were toward the wall, then about a week later I stuffed her onto the top shelf of my closet.

As well, the scene of the original Batman with the big "Joker" hot air balloons during the Gotham bicentennial party.

I also used to have dreams as a young child where Beetlejuice would be on and I'd actually get sucked into the screen as well as dreams like that with the original Mario Bros. game for NES.

I was also frightened of getting sucked into this Beauty and the Beast poster I had hanging above my bed when I was like 7, 8 years old.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 7:10 pm

LostInBed wrote:
jagatai wrote:
"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"

really????

not really so much the movie itself but until I was about 9 or 10 I always covered my eyes in the first scene in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles where you actually fully see the shredder and even 'til I was 12 I still watched it through my fingers.

There was this one episode of X-Files with a demonic doll and someone always died after it would say "I want to play" and I remember after I saw tat episdoe there was this doll sitting in the corner of my room and at first I turnes her around so her eyes were toward the wall, then about a week later I stuffed her onto the top shelf of my closet.

As well, the scene of the original Batman with the big "Joker" hot air balloons during the Gotham bicentennial party.

I also used to have dreams as a young child where Beetlejuice would be on and I'd actually get sucked into the screen as well as dreams like that with the original Mario Bros. game for NES.

I was also frightened of getting sucked into this Beauty and the Beast poster I had hanging above my bed when I was like 7, 8 years old.

Man that does sound scary.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 10:30 pm

Gehringer wrote:
Who framed Rodger Rabbit. i saw it when i was 9 or so, and the scene where Judge Doom kills the cartoon shoe really freaked me out (no, i dont know why). the scene still bugs me a bit, but the rest of the movie is pretty funny.

You are absolutely right about that scene. I mistakenly let my daughter watch it when she was, oh... maybe 7 or 8. We didn't make it past that scene, and I understand now exactly the reason why. She was enjoying it, cooing over the cute little squeaky shoes hopping everywhere, when out of the blue some truly freaky guy comes along, grabs one, and dunks it in poison, essentially murders it on screen as it squeals in terror... I mean, talk about movies that couldn't get their target audiences straight! I realize anyone should have seen it was meant for an older crowd (Patty-cake! Patty-cake!! PATTY-CAKE!! !), I forgot how bad it was having first seen it as a teenager, and I haven't even tried to show it to a kid since. But I wish it didn't have such surface kid appeal. Eh, well.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 11:49 pm

I was a strange little child. The parts in movies that were supposed to scare me never did, but the parts that weren't all that scary bothered me so much.
Like for example in The Brave Little Toaster, I always got scared when the air conditioner went ballistic.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc5D6qxAGpo&NR=1[/youtube]
Meanwhile, all the other kids found the nightmare scene terrifying.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdZh8a4ZvE&NR=1[/youtube]

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 12:41 am

^i haven't seen that in a long time but i don't remember the dream sequence too well. the air conditioner freaked me out though. the air conditioner still scares me even now so i fast forwarded the video a lot.
ya know what always bothered me? what's up with the blanket's face? what is that thing? like an awkward thing attached to the blanket? it confused me.

oh and christopher lloyd scared me to death at the end of who framed roger robert? it traumatized me, man. 8O

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 7:27 am

irishwhistle wrote:
Gehringer wrote:

You are absolutely right about that scene. I mistakenly let my daughter watch it when she was, oh... maybe 7 or 8. We didn't make it past that scene, and I understand now exactly the reason why. She was enjoying it, cooing over the cute little squeaky shoes hopping everywhere, when out of the blue some truly freaky guy comes along, grabs one, and dunks it in poison, essentially murders it on screen as it squeals in terror... quote]

I was so freaked out from that as a kid...still does. Almost half of the things in Invader Zim would have been tramatic to me as a little kid...the part where Zim replaces a man's brain with an actual living squid is the one eppisode I cannot watch. Things that most people would find funny I found terrifying.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 1:04 pm

tinky wrote:
ya know what always bothered me? what's up with the blanket's face? what is that thing? like an awkward thing attached to the blanket? it confused me.

I never knew what that was either when I was little, but now I do. Blanky is an electric blanket, and his face is the knob that turns on the heat.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 5:09 pm

_Square_Peg_ wrote:
tinky wrote:

I never knew what that was either when I was little, but now I do. Blanky is an electric blanket, and his face is the knob that turns on the heat.

dude! that's what it is! oh, life changing moment right there. it's always bothered me greatly. thank ya :D

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 5:20 pm

tinky wrote:
_Square_Peg_ wrote:
tinky wrote:

dude! that's what it is! oh, life changing moment right there. it's always bothered me greatly. thank ya :D

I've remembered that movie. I think they told you s/he was an electric blanket in the sequel

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 8:18 pm

there's a sequel!?
and then after that he goes to mars.
gesum...

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 5:08 pm

tinky wrote:
there's a sequel!?
and then after that he goes to mars.
gesum...

The "master" is just finishing up vet school in one. The appliances an animals can talk to each other. I wonder if my bearded dragon has conversations with her heat lamp when I'm not in the room. Becoming a vet is one of my special intrests so I like this sequel a little.