Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cheeseroyale34
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2010, 11:53 pm

I know I am going to be eviscerated for this, but I could barely make it through 2001: A Space Odyssey by Stanley Kubrick. Its a great movie that purposely makes itself out to be very ambiguous and has a nice plot, but can be very slow in many of the sections, though maybe viewing it through the eyes of someone from the 21st century, I should be more impressed that they had the kind of drive and technology to make an amazing yet boring movie.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 7:13 pm

Recently I came across a DVD of the Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz movie Forever, Darling for $1.00 new. "Wow'" I thought, "any movie of theirs has got to be worth more than that!" Nooooooo....

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 9:59 pm

Murder by Television perhaps?
The Rats are Coming! The Werewolves are Here! is said to be boring but I do not agree.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 8:08 am

Yeah the twilight films are just stylish and nothing important happens in any of them. Bella is such a bore, Edward what a wimpy vampire, and Jacob needs putting down. They will milk those films until box office says no.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 8:27 am

Phone Booth was pretty boring to me, it got good ratings on imdb tho so probably a lot of people liked it, but personally I was just tired to see him stuck in the phone booth lol.

Shadi

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:15 am

Then there's "Blue" by Derek Jarman. For the entire film, the screen is blue. No visuals. Just a blue screen with voices talking about dealing with AIDS. It might be more interesting now that I'm older (I saw it in the mid-90s) but I tend to think that a film should contain some sort of visuals. Otherwise it's just a radio show.

And I saw it on a black and white TV. Maybe that's why it was boring.

asprin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2010, 7:31 pm

the curious case of benjamin button

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 7:38 pm

Manos: The Hands of Fate. Nothing happens; it's terribly shot and horrifically acted as well.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:10 pm

jamesohgoodie wrote:
- The "Twilight" movies. Forget all the other criticism of the "Twilight" series. I've sat through all three films so far, and my biggest problem? They're BORING. The performances are listless, the pace is leaden, and almost nothing is accomplished and nothing has happened by the end of every one of them.

The Distressed Watcher did a 3 part video called 'Lets watch Twilight', it's quite good:
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... amt/dw/dwr

jamesohgoodie wrote:
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. This one is unique because TONS of stuff happens in this movie, but it's all meaningless because the story makes no sense and nothing is accomplished. It's literally sound and fury signifying nothing. Couple this with completely unlikable characters and a mean-spirited tone, and the whole thing becomes unbearable.

It wasn't just boring, it was quite insulting, as soon as the credits began to roll, I called "What the F--k was that!"... people stared at me. I actually like the first movie, but after watching the second one... I have NO desire to watch the 3rd one when it comes out.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 4:56 am

Cloverfeild and The Happening. Ironically, nothing happens. In either film.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 9:56 am

Cast Away

I saw that movie a few months after it came out, and I still remember that thing as being dull, lousy, and having ended five minutes later than it should have.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 12:12 pm

Cheeseroyale34 wrote:
I know I am going to be eviscerated for this, but I could barely make it through 2001: A Space Odyssey by Stanley Kubrick. Its a great movie that purposely makes itself out to be very ambiguous and has a nice plot, but can be very slow in many of the sections, though maybe viewing it through the eyes of someone from the 21st century, I should be more impressed that they had the kind of drive and technology to make an amazing yet boring movie.

I took my daughter to see that when she was 8 years old. She says she was bored to tears. Looking back at it, I can see her point.

ruveyn

Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 1:01 pm

YourMother wrote:
And though it probably deviates from the mainstream too much to count, it must be that none of you have heard of Empire, or Sleep. Or Eat. Or whatever.

Andy Warhol movies. Heard of them, never seen them. Won't comment on movies I haven't seen.

Though, Sleep does sound very boring.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 5:35 am

I once went to the cinema with some friends and they allowed me to choose the film. I made them see "Pi" and I don't think they forgave me. I thought it was an ok film though. Interesting.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 6:47 am

There aren't many movies that can bore me, There Will Be Blood I think is the closest I've had in a long time. Got through it and still had no clue what I'd just watched or where two hours of my life went.

Asp-Z wrote:
Cloverfeild and The Happening. Ironically, nothing happens. In either film.

The Happening was a weird one. I think around the time when I saw the storm clouds at the end I started to peace together what M Night was doing, the whole movie is actually him trying to make a philosophical point (well, technically making fun of modern culture on something), and even up through that point the movie is almost unbearable.

FalconPunch39
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 9:36 am

Tommy Wiseu's "The Room"