Mozart and the whale FINALLY officially released on DVD!! !

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Veronica
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2007, 11:55 am

according to Sundance submission rules, and most major film festivals as well like Toronto, Tribeca, Cannes, etc., films must not have been pubically screened or released to DVD before the festival date. IE, you can't submit a film that already was in a few theatrical screenings, or has been printed to DVD for resale. They want world premieres.

07 Jan 2007, 5:23 pm

Louise wrote:
I liked the fact that Isabel has one of those rocking horse things. What's funny is that a lot of viewers on the spectrum will probably see it and think "what a good idea!" (or was that only me?! :?) whereas most of the NT viewers will probably be thinking "why on earth does she have one of those?"

Does anyone know how she got it to hold her weight? I used to play on one all the time when I was little when I be at daycare until we moved to Washington and the new daycare i went to didn't have them so that was the last time I ever been on one was when I was three. My partner joked to me by saying she maybe got it off a AB site.

I figured she had one to releive her stress. Aspies do have weird things, childish things from what i been reading on the forums.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2007, 7:29 pm

I had my mom watch it with me. I haven't mentioned AS much to her, but I think she liked the movie. She thought it was cute and funny. She did say that my freezer will look like Donald's with all the frozen dinners lol.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2007, 11:35 pm

Louise wrote:
I liked the fact that Isabel has one of those rocking horse things. What's funny is that a lot of viewers on the spectrum will probably see it and think "what a good idea!" (or was that only me?! :?) whereas most of the NT viewers will probably be thinking "why on earth does she have one of those?"

I haven't seen it yet, but I assure you I would have thought having a rocking horse is a brilliant idea.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2007, 6:24 pm

So does the English version of the DVD come with a commentary voiceover, and/or any making-of features etc?

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 9:23 pm

Yes - I'm in the US and the DVD that I got has added features. You can watch the movie with the writer commenting all along. I found it to be very very interesting and informative and it really helped me to understand the story and the motivation behind the characters actions.

It was a great way to watch the movie.

I watched it a third time without the commentary and really enjoyed it. The third viewing, with the extra information in my head, was wonderful. It's a very good movie.

:> earthmom

Hans_Solo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2007, 9:41 pm

earthmom wrote:
Yes - I'm in the US and the DVD that I got has added features. You can watch the movie with the writer commenting all along. I found it to be very very interesting and informative and it really helped me to understand the story and the motivation behind the characters actions.

It was a great way to watch the movie.

I watched it a third time without the commentary and really enjoyed it. The third viewing, with the extra information in my head, was wonderful. It's a very good movie.

:> earthmom

Ah, sounds interesting. Might just be reason enough for me to import it again.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2007, 11:01 pm

Apparently I need a European region DVD....?

Hans_Solo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2007, 12:27 am

Louise wrote:
Apparently I need a European region DVD....?

The Australian version (reg 4., according to the box) plays fine on my reg. 2 player.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2007, 11:37 pm

I think England is region one. :?

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 4:08 am

You need a multi region DVD player, perhaps.

I got one (for my Japanese DVDs) The only disadvantage is that they don't advertise which players are multi-region on the packages. Something to do with copyright law.

wildthing121675
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jan 2007, 3:29 am

I am more a TV buff than a movie buff, so I will probably add this movie to a list of movies to watch if it is ever on TV

I do wanna see it at some point in the future, so I can see what it is like, as someone who has Asperger's Syndrome. My parents will probably see it before I even get to, lol. But that is only cause I prefer TV to movies, for some reason.

WildThing121675

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 3:54 am

WildThing, if you play the DVD it will be on your tv, so it will be like a tv program. You can pause the movie every 15 minutes or so as if there were commercials, and go use the bathroom or get a snack or stretch and walk around a bit.

It would be just like watching a tv program!

:)

Hans_Solo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2007, 1:13 pm

Louise wrote:
I think England is region one. :?

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2007, 1:03 pm

I watched this immediately after renting it from my neighborhood library.

Jerry, this is a very good movie. Josh & Radha gave it their all in a movie which no studio wanted and an egotistical Norwegian director just had to mess up because of silly schedule conflicts. This film is the most wonderful seriocomedy I have seen since "Punch-Drunk Love." I love this movie except the music was something Jon Brion could have done for another movie. When I was watching this, my ignorant NT mother walked in on me watching it & threw a box of groceries at my head.

I'm sorry this didn't work out.

RubyLee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2007, 4:48 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I watched this immediately after renting it from my neighborhood library.

Jerry, this is a very good movie. Josh & Radha gave it their all in a movie which no studio wanted and an egotistical Norwegian director just had to mess up because of silly schedule conflicts. This film is the most wonderful seriocomedy I have seen since "Punch-Drunk Love." I love this movie except the music was something Jon Brion could have done for another movie. When I was watching this, my ignorant NT mother walked in on me watching it & threw a box of groceries at my head.

I'm sorry this didn't work out.

And she threw groceries at your head why?