What do you think about Star Trek: Enterpise?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 6:50 pm

This series has renewed my interest in Star Trek, then I saw all the other series except the original series.

As child i watched Star Trek: The Next Generation, i don't understood the show good because i was to young but i wanted to be like Captain Picard i even built together with my friend miniature of starship bridge (made from an old toy pontoon) :-)

Really liked Star Trek: Enterprise but the first time I saw this series when I was struggling to accept the lead actor, I could not stop wondering how the Quantum Leap guy landed in Star Trek ;-) I thought that Dr. Sam Becket leaped into wrong century ;-) But seriously I feel Mr. Bakula play captain Archer very well

Rob-N4RPS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Dec 2011, 7:38 pm

I liked most, if not all, of the 'Star Trek' series. They 'pushed the envelope' when they started off in the '60s.

Over the years, they became more and more 'cutting edge'. Enterprise was the most risque' of all.

Merry Christmas to All!

Rob

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2011, 9:41 pm

I;ve only watched the mirror universe and pilot episodes, so I can't really say.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 11:27 pm

Watched--and loved--the whole thing. Thought it ended way too early.

Although, I did think the "Xindi" arc was a bit much--got kind of maudlin at times.

That aside, the characters were cast perfectly and the storylines meshed nicely with the rest of the STAR TREK mythos. We even find out why the Klingons changed their appearance. :wink:

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2011, 8:54 am

conundrum wrote:
Watched--and loved--the whole thing. Thought it ended way too early.

Although, I did think the "Xindi" arc was a bit much--got kind of maudlin at times.

That aside, the characters were cast perfectly and the storylines meshed nicely with the rest of the STAR TREK mythos. We even find out why the Klingons changed their appearance. :wink:

I agree, they canceled show when all began to make interesting

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2012, 5:41 am

Only good thing about Enterprise imho is this guy:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Thy%27lek_Shran .

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

I liked the idea for the story but I didn't like a lot of the actors in this series. I eventually accepted Bakula as the captain even though I don't think he was the best choice for that role. Those other guys were so annoying and their acting was terrible. Especially Lieutenant Reed, I cringed every time he was on screen. I kept hoping he would get killed. Their personalities were all wrong and everything felt forced.

Most of the main characters, including Captain Archer also felt "thin". I don't mean character depth, it felt like they were all skinny pushovers instead of the strong personalities that would actually attain such positions. I think either they did that on purpose to try to show their inexperience with this new technology and exploration or they had to do it because Bakula just didn't have a strong enough personality which forced them to tone down everything in the show. In any case it was very poorly done and ended up feeling limp.

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox was very good and Jolene Blalock was acceptable as T'Pol.

I throw it in the category of things that I don't necessarily regret watching but will probably never watch again.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

Mneh ... not bad ... at least, they tried ...

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 2:06 pm

Suffered from 00's culture influence. Wasn't a bad show but could have been a whole load better. Everything from language and integration of other species that I felt was executed so brilliantly in previous Star Trek shows was really dumbed down in my eyes for this show. Perhaps it could be down to missing a main ingredient - the late Gene Roddenberry.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Jan 2012, 12:32 am

TOS push the envelop with some really awesome science fiction stories that dealt with various aspects of humanity. That tradition was carried over into TNG. In DS9 the stories became slightly darker dealing with aspects like racism and warfare. Voyager explore both light and dark. But by the time Enterprise came out I could tell the writers ran out of ideas and resorted to mindless action-oriented episodes. The full-season Xindi arc is a good example of this.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 9:21 am

I loved Enterprise, but I'm also a Quantum Leap fan, so I started watching because Scott Bakula was in it. I never missed an episode. I used to watch the original series, when I was young, but, I never really followed the Next Generation, Deep Space 9 or Voyager. I've seen some episodes and know who the charcters are, but no more than that.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 2:15 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
I loved Enterprise, but I'm also a Quantum Leap fan

Ditto. :D

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17