Page 3 of 18 [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
KianaKitter wrote:
Skyline! OMG! For an avid sci-fi fan like me that movie made me wanna kill somebody. It was ALL effects, NO story whatsoever and the ending was a cliffhanger. A CLIFFHANGER!! !! Why would they do something like that!? As if there would be a sequel to a piece of crap movie like that one! I heard people were walking out of theaters in the US and so it was taken off. Of course I didn't know about that until after. Now I know why my friend and I were the ONLY people in the cinema that night. Apparently the word of mouth had spread to everyone else but us. And the thing that kills me the most is that it had such potential!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYzr0jNBqp8&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Couldn't of put it better myself.

I thought the preview looked dumb.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

I'm sure there are worse problems with Skyline than a cliffhanger ending. Cliffhangers aren't inherently bad; The Italian Job has probably the best one ever:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_NQLalkAY[/youtube]

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

MovieCriticGamer wrote:
1. Battlefield Earth
2. The Wicker Man
3. Paranormal Activity 3
4. Predator (1987)
5. Predator 2
6. Quarantine (Remake of Rec)
7. Quarantine 2: Terminal
8. Apollo 18
9. Jurassic Park (1993)
10. Set Up (2011)

Predator! how can you say such a thing!

Dragon Wars

any mushy Romcom ever made, they make me physically cringe

shartora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2012, 9:49 am

Wizards of the Lost Kingdom, I refuse to even link to any information for it. If you want to know more about it - believe me you don't :shameonyou: - then google for it. Save yourself the trouble, coz it's crap.

So the neurologist was correct.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 11:36 pm

I just realized that I actually didn't choose to see most of these movies.........

1. As Good as it Gets-Watch as a therapy assignment

2. Switching Goals-Dad chose, but I was sort of interested (and 7)

3. Yours, Mine and Ours-Watched at the school sleepover in grade 6

4. Chicken Run-OK, I actually did choose this one......

5. The Wild Thornberrys Movie-Watched in grade 2

6. The Kid's Are All Right-Went to the theatre with someone who wanted to see it

7. Black Robe-Watched in grade 9 for social studies

8. Wall-E-Chose this

9. An American Tail-Watched in grade 1

10. Snow White-Watched at daycare

SoundsLike_Kyle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2012, 12:28 am

shartora wrote:
Wizards of the Lost Kingdom, I refuse to even link to any information for it. If you want to know more about it - believe me you don't :shameonyou: - then google for it. Save yourself the trouble, coz it's crap.

Against your advice, I googled it. Then I did better, and started watching it on youtube. And yeah, that's bad. Before you linked it I'd never heard of it. I can see why now. If I could actually get through that film, it would likely be the worst I've ever seen.

Five minutes in and I gave up.

MovieCriticGamer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2012, 7:37 am

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
Birdemic: Shock and Terror. It has to be seen to be believed, they said. I watched it with some friends, and I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry at the quality. If it was meant seriously, it's probably the worst film ever made. If it was meant ironically, it's way over the top and generally awful.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5dJDgZ644[/youtube]

I actually quite enjoyed Troll 2, despite the 'horror' potential fully relying on constant over-estimations of common sense in characters, who see no problem with that creepy town regardless of whatever randomly insane things happen, and the occasional jump scare. One movie that annoyed me so much that I couldn't watch it in full, though, was Superbabies - Baby Geniuses 2. That one was just unbearably bad. Won't even attempt to find a trailer for that. :|

XD Birdemic is easily one of the worst films ever! The effects for the birds were, hell, not really awesome!

Your friendly movie critic gamer.

A light heart carries you through all the hard times.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 11:25 am

MovieCriticGamer wrote:
HisDivineMajesty wrote:
Birdemic: Shock and Terror. It has to be seen to be believed, they said. I watched it with some friends, and I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry at the quality. If it was meant seriously, it's probably the worst film ever made. If it was meant ironically, it's way over the top and generally awful.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5dJDgZ644[/youtube]

I actually quite enjoyed Troll 2, despite the 'horror' potential fully relying on constant over-estimations of common sense in characters, who see no problem with that creepy town regardless of whatever randomly insane things happen, and the occasional jump scare. One movie that annoyed me so much that I couldn't watch it in full, though, was Superbabies - Baby Geniuses 2. That one was just unbearably bad. Won't even attempt to find a trailer for that. :|

XD Birdemic is easily one of the worst films ever! The effects for the birds were, hell, not really awesome!

Is this thing for real?!?!

JustinBieber2
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

a Japanese movie 'robo geisha'

modernorchid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Feb 2012, 4:13 am

Howard the Duck

There's a duck named Howard, from a planet of ducks that comes to Earth and tries to get back home. It seemed like a kid movie in the 80's, but unlike ET, Howard has raging hormones. @_@ So glad we have movie ratings now a days, sigh.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 6:25 am

modernorchid wrote:
Howard the Duck

There's a duck named Howard, from a planet of ducks that comes to Earth and tries to get back home. It seemed like a kid movie in the 80's, but unlike ET, Howard has raging hormones. @_@ So glad we have movie ratings now a days, sigh.

Howard The Duck had actually been based on a very hilarious Marvel comic book series about a foul mouthed, dirty minded duck from some other reality who rubs shoulders with other Marvel characters such as Iron Man and Man Thing. His nemeses are super villains more funny than menacing, such as the Kidney Lady, and Dr. Bong (he wears a bell over his head, which he strikes with bronze mace in place of a hand). The terrible tragedy is, had George Lucas (yes, THE George Lucas - not someone else just named George Lucas) just followed the comic book, with all its crude but funny satire, it could have been a great movie. But, NOOOOOOOOOO! Lucas had to make a kid friendly movie - the same kind of sentimentality that ruined The Phantom Menace.

TheFerretHadToGo
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2012, 7:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
modernorchid wrote:
Howard the Duck

Howard The Duck had actually been based on a very hilarious Marvel comic book series about a foul mouthed, dirty minded duck from some other reality who rubs shoulders with other Marvel characters such as Iron Man and Man Thing. His nemeses are super villains more funny than menacing, such as the Kidney Lady, and Dr. Bong (he wears a bell over his head, which he strikes with bronze mace in place of a hand). The terrible tragedy is, had George Lucas (yes, THE George Lucas - not someone else just named George Lucas) just followed the comic book, with all its crude but funny satire, it could have been a great movie. But, NOOOOOOOOOO! Lucas had to make a kid friendly movie - the same kind of sentimentality that ruined The Phantom Menace.

I loved that comic in my early teens. The movie seemed to have nothing to do with it, except that it was about a duck in a world of humans.

V For Vendetta is on my list of worst movies ever. Not only because it didn´t live up to the original, but because it was a cheesy pile of cliché shite.

I can´t understand why it should be so hard to adapt a comic into a movie. But live-action movies based on comics (or computer games) almost always suck. One reason is that most often they only borrow some of the attributes from the original (like masked vigilante in purple tights living in the jungle) but use very little or none of the STORY or characterization.

Other worthless comics-based movies:
The Phantom
The Punisher
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
Judge Dredd
The Spawn
Conan The Barbarian (the 80s version, haven´t seen the new one)
Red Sonja
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
The Hulk
Dennis The Menace (not that I ever liked the comic though)
Asterix & Obelix (couldn´t finish it, too horrible)
Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
Constantine

Just to name a few.
I thought the first Hellboy movie and Ghost World were OK though.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

Date Movie-- I love parodies, but this one just rolled around in the sewer

Joy Luck Club- I know this is supposed to be dramatic, moving stories of personal heroism... But after the fifth or sixth lady broke into "I remember when I was a girl..." it was way too much...

Sucker Punch- I really wanted to like this one.... but blech..

Unspecified
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2012, 4:32 pm

Many good candidates in this thread, but you seem to have forgotten the Matrix sequels.
I really liked the first one, but the sequels ruined everything.

Matrix 2 and 3. Horrendous. I'd rather sit through all the three Star Wars movies again than see five minutes more of Matrix.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 10:56 pm

I did some visual effects work on the worst film I ever saw... Some really bad Sci-Fi channel production called "Savage Planet" about astronauts exploring an alien world who are attacked by over sized bears. Google it for the reviews. They are more entertaining than the film.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 4:49 pm

Poltergeist 3

Alien 3

Both sequels that should never have been made.