Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm

By the way, I cried when I watched Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, when Bilbo moves away with the Elves at the end.

Also at the end of Toy Story 3, but who didn't? Those films made up a large part of my childhood. I grew up with those toys....

I nearly cried after the first time I watched Avatar too, but not quite. I just about managed to restrain myself as I was in public. But I just didn't want the movie to end and leave Pandora.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2012, 5:48 am

I think "Old Yeller" was the very first thing I saw at the cinema. I would have been 5 or 6 at the time and it was supporting one of the animated Disney films. I was inconsolable!

These movies also made me cry:

Grave of the Fireflies (so sad I don't know if I could watch it again
The Elephant Man
Mary and Max - I knew what was coming and it still hit me like a freight train
Dumbo - gets me every time when Dumbo goes to visit him mum in "prison" and the song "Baby Mine" comes on.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 5:52 am

Falloy wrote:
I think "Old Yeller" was the very first thing I saw at the cinema. I would have been 5 or 6 at the time and it was supporting one of the animated Disney films. I was inconsolable!

These movies also made me cry:

The Elephant Man
Mary and Max - I knew what was coming and it still hit me like a freight train
Dumbo - gets me every time when Dumbo goes to visit him mum in "prison" and the song "Baby Mine" comes on.

MONKEY's mum cried at that too. I think MONKEY did as well the first time she watched it, not sure though. I thought it was balanced out nicely with the humour though, but the ending was a little bit 'chokey'. Great film.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

DefinitelyKmart
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2012, 3:10 am

Saving private ryan is so damn sad, the older i get the more sad the beginning is.

Ldub20Owl316
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Apr 2012, 3:44 am

Joker, I am glad you mentioned Boyz N Da Hood. That always makes me cry. Another one that does the trick is the Land Before Time.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 4:38 am

Falloy wrote:

Grave of the fireflies is probably the most depressing movie ever made. I love studio Ghibli, but this one I simply can't watch anymore. I started having nightmares about little Setsuko coming to ask me for food and I couldn't give her anything. :cry:

Unspecified
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2012, 6:11 am

OK. I don't care what you say: Terms of endearment never fails to make me bawl. There. I said it. :)

Nebulo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 12:50 pm

Hachi: A Dog's Tale

I honestly defy anyone to watch it and not cry their eyes out. I knew the story, was fully prepared and still spent a good half hour wiping away all the tears.
Incredible movie though.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 1:52 pm

rabbitears wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
smudge wrote:
In "The Railway Children" when the girl sees her father again, I find it hard not to cry. Although I'm not a man, I do know one who cries during that scene.

My grandad always cries at that film.

I'm not a man but I cried during the destruction of home tree the first time I watched Avatar, it was the music that really got me though. And I burst into tears watching the old couple spoon and the mum talk soothingly to her children during Titanic when the ship had almost disappeared. I imagined the old couple being me and rabbit.

When did we watch that together? Or was I not there?

........Maybe it was back when the film first came out, and you had a premonition.... Image

Nah you weren't there but your existence was already an influential one (it was weeks ago, so no spooky premonitions.)

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 2:12 pm

The movie Dear John made me cry when I first watched it.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:45 pm

The bit in "The Whole Wide World" where Novalyne Price (Renee Zellwegger) starts to write a letter to Robert E. Howard after getting the telegraph about him having committed suicide gets me, without fail, every time. Dead Poet's Society has a similar effect. Both movies have the ability to reduce me to an inconsolable wreck for hours.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 5:43 pm

Finding Nemo made me cry when Nemos mom was eaten along with most of her eggs :cry:

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 5:51 pm

Joker wrote:
Finding Nemo made me cry when Nemos mom was eaten along with most of her eggs :cry:

That film used to make me sleepy.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 5:56 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Joker wrote:

That film used to make me sleepy.

:lol: The lion king did that to me

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 5:40 pm

Where's Turner & Hooch? The scene where you desperately want the dog to survive his gunshoot wounds and then he dies on the operation table could make any man cry. What makes it even worse, is that the dog sacrifised himself to save Turner.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 7:10 pm

Has anyone mention Bent, yet? The movie deals with two gay men, sent to a Nazi concentration camp, who fall in love, even though they know the results can only be disastrous. The ending scene, where Clive Owen holds his dead lover, telling him everything would be all right, left me teary eyed.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer