Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Hollie1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2013, 2:32 am

My mum and I went to see the great Gatsby today. I believed it was a good movie all the actors and actresses performed well in it. It had a very sad ending to it though. Leonardo Dicarpio always dies at the end of movies. I believe that there was a moral to the story and that was to be yourself and people will like you even if you are poor.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 10:11 am

I agree that The Great Gatsby was a good movie. I know the critics didn't really like it, but I thought it was great -- very interesting, lots to look at, and the music was great. I even thought the 3D effects were great!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Jun 2013, 11:54 am

Hollie1996 wrote:
My mum and I went to see the great Gatsby today. I believed it was a good movie all the actors and actresses performed well in it. It had a very sad ending to it though. Leonardo Dicarpio always dies at the end of movies. I believe that there was a moral to the story and that was to be yourself and people will like you even if you are poor.

If you read the book, the morale of the story is grim and different.

It basically tells you through symbolism and colors that the American Dream is an unobtainable illusion. I suggest you read it, though. It's a really good book.

About "The Great Gatsby"

Hollie1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2013, 5:20 pm

I would have to read the book.

YoungAtHeart
Raven
Raven

11 Jun 2013, 5:20 pm

Hollie1996 wrote:
Leonardo Dicarpio always dies at the end of movies.

He didn't die in Inception. :|

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimatedSquirrel

Beppieiscool
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jun 2013, 4:38 pm

In my English class we read the book and many of my classmates went to see the movie afterwards. All of them and I mean ALL of them were very upset of how different the movie was to the book. However I have seen the 1960s version of The Great Gatsby and that was a pretty good adaptation of it, so I would recommend this version instead of the movie that recently came out.

The world is a mess.
The mess is full of color, beauty, laughter, happiness, sadness, pain, misery, and everyone can relate to this crazy world. For we all live