Page 16 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 93  Next

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2014, 3:41 am

It's a crying shame Pupa turned out to be a waste of time - what could've been an interesting adaptation of Kafka's Metamorphosis descended into nothing but a fractured disjointed narrative that seems to only appeal to people obsessed with guro (gore). But I shouldn't be surprised with Studio DEEN being behind the adaptation, if you can call it that.

However, Inari Konkon Koi Iroha has exceeded my expectations -- Production IMS, for being such a young company, have really outdone a lot of older studios in manga-to-anime adaptations, even White Fox and BONES. Pacing, characters, music.,.. perfect. It's no wonder Funimation grabbed the rights to it so fast and Kadokawa Shoten put so much money behind it.

I thoroughly recommend Inari Konkon as the best new anime of the winter season - it's got enough cuteness for people who're into moe or yuri or whatever (not my cup of tea), but it fortunately has a very engaging plot so it's not boring or that predictable either. And this is just going off three episodes. Yaye!

In other news, Magi's still performing brilliantly, although now I'm scared A-1 are going to catch up too quickly the manga again. I hope they know what to do for the season finisher... and I'm glad Gin no Saji is still proving popular in Japan. Great work.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 4:12 am

BlankCanvas wrote:
However, Inari Konkon Koi Iroha has exceeded my expectations -- Production IMS, for being such a young company, have really outdone a lot of older studios in manga-to-anime adaptations, even White Fox and BONES. Pacing, characters, music.,.. perfect. It's no wonder Funimation grabbed the rights to it so fast and Kadokawa Shoten put so much money behind it.

I thoroughly recommend Inari Konkon as the best new anime of the winter season - it's got enough cuteness for people who're into moe or yuri or whatever (not my cup of tea), but it fortunately has a very engaging plot so it's not boring or that predictable either. And this is just going off three episodes. Yaye!

Inari Konkon has indeed been quite good for what it is, which kind of feels like something for young(teenage) girls, but really is quite pleasant with enough meat in episode to not feel like you are wasting time.

BlankCanvas wrote:
In other news, Magi's still performing brilliantly, although now I'm scared A-1 are going to catch up too quickly the manga again. I hope they know what to do for the season finisher... and I'm glad Gin no Saji is still proving popular in Japan. Great work.

Well Season 2 of Magi started at a particular scene which from guesses will be coming up fairly soon but I can't imagine them going into a new arc after that. I don't really know how far the manga is though. The ideas of right and wrong in the last few episodes has been very well done.

Silver Spoon really feels like something that teaches you, This season seems to so far have had a focus on horses.

might also add that I found the latest episode of Kill la Kill to be so top notch that I actually had a change of heart and fallen in love with the series, also in finding out how much symbolism there is in the series; from chakra points, the do/hear/say/see no evil and other.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 7:36 am

BlankCanvas wrote:
In other news, Magi's still performing brilliantly, although now I'm scared A-1 are going to catch up too quickly the manga again.

Not a double post, but I just saw the latest episode of Magi (season 2, Episode 18), and that was a really good one. An incredible brutal war that swings back and forth and have the viewer really make their own minds of which side is right or wrong, although the fighting in general is probably what is most wrong. And makes me so much want to watch the next episode.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2014, 3:06 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I don't really know how far the manga is though. The ideas of right and wrong in the last few episodes has been very well done.

At the time of writing this, the Magi manga just got to its 213th Chapter. Episode 18 of the anime roughly starts around Chapter 168, and so far, A-1 Pictures seem to be going at a rate of about 2/3 chapters per episode, depending on the content. So I'm not sure what's going to happen for the final seven episodes before the hiatus...

That aside, I agree with you - Magi's been beautifully constructed in terms of its characterisation, politics and world building.

dragonzatch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2014, 1:14 am

I keep kicking myself for putting Chihayafuru on hold. I'll watch an episode or two, definitely decide I want to watch more, but then get caught up in other shows. Why do I keep doing this? Chihayafuru is an excellent anime.

Just watched episode 13. I won't let this happen again. I'm going to finish the first season within the next month.

And I still need to finish Evangelion, Rosario + Vampire, and Kill la Kill. Anime is trying to eat me.

Leagueman32
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Feb 2014, 3:19 pm

I am an anime fan, and so far, my favorite shows so far are the following:

Pokémon (all series), Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I have seen a show called GaoGaiGar last year but i can't remember when. But i liked it a lot, and i do like the music especially during this part of most of the show:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wODKm9cI9Lw[/youtube]

And i have seen a bit of another show called GaoGaiGar: FINAL as well but only to see this part with the epic music lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udKNPnfHP1c[/youtube]

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:32 pm

I just finished binge-watching an anime called K AKA K Project. Great series, especially if you're into bishounen and yaoi elements (never goes beyond hinting but some of the bishies definitely have serious chemistry going on between them) but prefer a deeper plot than what shoujo tends to dish out - this one was a mystery/thriller/fantasy. Once I started watching it, I couldn't stop. The first episode was confusing but by the end, pretty much everything made sense. I was keeping my fingers crossed for a happy ending, but it didn't happen. :( My favorite character wound up dying...

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2014, 7:40 pm

I had just finished an anime known as Monster, and it was fantastic in almost every way! Had me interested in the plot and characters the whole way through! It seems no one else here has heard of it. Here's a little review of it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCr-ER9XST8[/youtube]

I just wished those ''certain transitions'' were not there in those two episodes. It just seems like a trap for me if I was watching it walking around looking at it!

Narita
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Feb 2014, 8:40 pm

My top 5 ^_^
Basilisk
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
xxxHolic
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Kage

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2014, 10:05 pm

I've seen Monster. It was a good one.

I like almost any genre, but I'm not a big mech fan. I've seen maybe a couple I did like, though.
Ecchi
SciFi
Horror(so few and far between. Wish there were more shocking animes like Higurashi and Elfen Lied.)
comedy
emotional (VA/Key animes make me cry every time.)
Fantasy

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 1:38 am

Darialan wrote:
Horror(so few and far between. Wish there were more shocking animes like Higurashi and Elfen Lied.)

I find that Ghost Hunt is one of the best Horror anime out there, best watch at night in the dark.
And then there is the anime shorts of Yami Shibai, which are probably the scariest thing I have seen in animation.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 11:39 am

My favorite anime this anime season(Winter) is Mikakunin De Shinkoukei(Engaged To The Unidentified). Such a good story and it goes beyond just a story about an Arranged Marriage. Really the only male character is sometimes hard to notice and you get that from the ending credits. The big sister element is also a great plot line. There is nothing bad about this show.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 8:51 pm

I've started watching Sakura Trick, and it's like the creator wrote it specifically with me in mind.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 10:57 am

Once you are caught up I will make a comment. But it does sure have a lot of kissing.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 6:26 pm

There are lots of kisses, but each one is special and unique. I caught up this evening.

Tuesday, ETA: Wow! I had completely forgotten about the second season of Love, Chunibyo And Other Delusions. I just watched the first two episodes, and I really like the direction they've taken it.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 1:17 pm

I just wonder about the third duo of girls and whether they will ever be a couple.