Page 315 of 1288 [ 20604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 ... 1288  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 5:57 am

Groundhog Day

Bill Murrey is a rather self-centered weatherman who finds himself living the same day over and over again with the day turning out the same each and every time and only Bill is aware of the time loop.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:36 am

I did a double feature--X-MEN Origins: Wolverine and then The Wolverine.

I seriously do not get why people hate these movies so much. Both of them were good. I'd put them just behind [/i]X-MEN United[/i] and X-MEN: First Class.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 2:30 pm

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 3:11 pm

The LEGO Movie

Hilarious movie! However, I don't understand why people are comparing this movie to the Transformers franchise.

I'd watch this movie again at the drop of a hat! :)

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 3:21 pm

The People Vs. Larry Flint

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 5:28 am

Balto

An outcast half-wolf risks his life to help deliver medicine via dogsled during a diphtheria outbreak in Nome, Alaska.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2014, 7:01 am

Les hommes libres (Free Men)

A 2011 French drama centred on French Muslims during the Nazi Occupation of the early 1940s. Young Algerian Younes is forced to spy on The Great Mosque of Paris as Si Kaddour Ben Ghabrit is suspected of harbouring and hiding Jews under false certificates declaring them as Muslims. During this, Younes befriends one such Jew, Salim Halali, who dreams of becoming a famous singer. Younes gradually transforms from a politically-ignorant immigrant into a fighter for the Resistance, though it's a rocky path with plenty of sacrifice as Younes loses friends to the French police, the Gestapo and increasingly, the Schutzstaffel (Secret Police).

Though Younes is a fictional character, Ben Ghabrit and Salim Halali were real and play a significant part in the French Resistance.

An emotive film that certainly educated me on a part of World War II not often explored.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 12:31 pm

Rookie of the Year.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2014, 11:47 am

Cutie and the Boxer

A 2011 documentary by Zachary Heinzerling starring and following Japanese artists Ushio and Noriko Shinohara. Ushio Shinohara rose to fame in 1970s Manhattan as an avant-garde artist and married the then-19 year old Noriko, who left Japan to pursue her dream of being an artist herself. Flash forward to beyond the millennium and an 80-year-old Ushio is trying to recapture the fame he once had, whilst Noriko is trying to establish herself as an artist in her own right. She depicts their somewhat chaotic relationship with herself as "Cutie" and her alcoholic husband as "Boxer" (named after his style of painting where he literally punches the canvas with paint as a boxer would). The film is shot around the period Ushio and Noriko open an exhibition together.

A beautiful and human story as Noriko narrates and poignantly illustrates difficult sections of hers and Ushio's life together. Highly recommended and a well-deserved awards winner.

Leagueman32
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Feb 2014, 1:53 pm

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Just saving the world from Warheads filled with weaponized nano-mites.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 11:45 pm

Machete Kills.

Danny Trejo reprises his role as the rogue Mexican killer and foe of drug cartels in this fun and purposely goofy story of Machete being recruited by President Rathcock (Carlos Estevez, AKA Charley Sheen) to stop a madman in Mexico from launching a nuclear weapon at the White House. As it turns out, the culprit really behind everything is an insane weapons manufacturer named Voz (Mel Gibson), in a plot against the whole earth that can only be described as a Star Wars/Moonraker parody. The movie ends in a cliffhanger with Voz escaping in space with Machete's love, and with Machete promising the President to pursue him in a rocket in the upcoming... Machete Kills Again... In Space. :lol:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 3:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Machete Kills.

Danny Trejo reprises his role as the rogue Mexican killer and foe of drug cartels in this fun and purposely goofy story of Machete being recruited by President Rathcock (Carlos Estevez, AKA Charley Sheen) to stop a madman in Mexico from launching a nuclear weapon at the White House. As it turns out, the culprit really behind everything is an insane weapons manufacturer named Voz (Mel Gibson), in a plot against the whole earth that can only be described as a Star Wars/Moonraker parody. The movie ends in a cliffhanger with Voz escaping in space with Machete's love, and with Machete promising the President to pursue him in a rocket in the upcoming... Machete Kills Again... In Space. :lol:

You are the second person to mention this movie in the last 10 hours. I have to see this..... To the internet!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 12:24 pm

Paranormal Activity 4

Follows the events of Paranormal Activity 2 five years later. A family witness strange events around them when a woman and a mysterious child move in.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 1:51 pm

There's Something About Mary Extended Cut.
It adds a whole subplot involving Heely's friend who meets him in florida. The guy with he huge dog that bites.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 2:39 pm

Inside Llewyn Davis

A struggling folk musician in 1960s New York City realizes that the only person holding him back from a viable music career is himself.

Overall, a very good movie with great performances from all cast members.
The song "Please Mr. Kennedy" made me laugh.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 5:32 pm

The Man Who Never Was

Based on the true story of a British deception to trick the Nazis into weakening Sicily's defenses before the 1943 attack, using a dead man with faked papers.