Page 319 of 1290 [ 20635 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322 ... 1290  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 6:18 am

Apollo 13

Big budget depiction of the 1970 Apollo 13 mission in which an exploding oxygen tank threatens the crew's oxygen and power. No longer able to land on the moon, the astronauts must instead focus just on getting back on Earth.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 9:33 am

Dick Tracy
The 1990 Warren Beatty classic.

Punk89
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Mar 2014, 2:46 pm

I watched The Iron Giant again yesterday, it's an underrated classic! Beautiful animation, moving story. I haven't read the book yet, but it's like a cold war Diesel/Atompunk version of Frankenstein.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 3:16 pm

Beverly Hills Cop.
A movie from when Eddie Murphy was funny.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 3:19 pm

North by Northwest

Hitchcock movie about a New York advertising executive who is mistaken for a government agent by a group of foreign spies. He is hunted across the country after being framed for the murder of a U.N. diplomat.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 4:02 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
North by Northwest

Hitchcock movie about a New York advertising executive who is mistaken for a government agent by a group of foreign spies. He is hunted across the country after being framed for the murder of a U.N. diplomat.

Did you think there was an unspoken homosexual relationship between James Mason and Martin Landaue?

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 4:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
North by Northwest

Did you think there was an unspoken homosexual relationship between James Mason and Martin Landaue?

I don't know. I didn't know anyone thought that. Then again, I don't know much about either of them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 4:21 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
North by Northwest

I don't know. I didn't know anyone thought that. Then again, I don't know much about either of them.

No, No - - sorry, I was referring to their characters in the movie. :lol:

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
North by Northwest

I thought so. Still, that thought hadn't occured to me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 4:29 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
North by Northwest

I thought so. Still, I didn't think about that.

Among other things, what stands out for me is when Martin Landau tries to warn James Mason about the girl he wants to leave with, and Mason accuses him of being jealous.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 5:48 am

Dallas Buyers Club

In 1985 Dallas, Ron Woodroof, an electrician and hustler becomes diagnosed with AIDS and after living longer than he was expected to, he works around the system to help AIDS patients get the medication they need.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 12:13 pm

Thor: The Dark World

Following the events of The Avengers. Thor faces against the Dark Elves who seek to cause eternal darkness throughout the universe.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 3:37 pm

DareDevil the extended cut.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 8:38 pm

Hoosiers. By God, the amazing historical inaccuracies were just awesome. Black kids on a basketball team in 1951? No, just no.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 3:25 am

Robocop 2014

It tells a solid story, sets in place a foundation that can realistically be built upon and doesn’t sully any fond (blood-soaked) memories. It genuinely reinvigorates the franchise rather than cheaply strip mining it for quick cash. In short, it's quite solid.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 10:43 am

Ever After: a Cinderella Story