Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you think Naruto Uzumaki is an Aspie?
Yes 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Yes 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
No 34%  34%  [ 14 ]
No 39%  39%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 41

SpeakerToAnimals
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2013, 12:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
AgentPalpatine wrote:
I'm not big on DXing fictional characters from another country.

Ditto.

A fictional character - by virtue of not being real - does not have a mind or even a brain; so therefor a fictional character can not have Asperger's Syndrome, but can only behave in whatever way the writers, directors, animators, and voice actors want him to behave.

That's like saying Emperor Palpatine can't be evil because he's not real.

Danixia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2014, 12:26 pm

.well he only knows about the social cues becouse he learned them XD (and kuramas power too) that of making anyone friends thats becouse he shows hes true self , and his values and his way of life (ninja XD ) so for me ... he is an aspie he just as a lot of coping stratagies.

But yes ...Sai could be considered as a autistic person... but i actualy dont like that becouse of the implication that brings.
Sakura told him that he couldnt learn about social stuff troght books.... and then sundendly he is able to read everyone, and it implicates that being an aspie is something psycological rether then neurological, becouse Sai got like that becouse Danzp didnt let them show emotion. And in the begining he was very like a neurotipical child...so no.

For me Naruto is the one that actualy is more like an Aspie.

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 3:16 am

I think it's very easy for aspies to relate with a lot of anime because there seems to be the theme of the individual trying to co-exist with the collective. Japan is such an interesting society because in many cases their art contradicts their culture, they place a very strong emphasis on the collective, but in a lot of anime you can notice that there is a poignant emphasis on the individual. it's really sad when you think about it -- there are people that are displaying their desire to either break from the collective, or to be appreciated by it through art or what have you. It's hard for an individual to form an identity in such collective-oriented society, and being loved simply because you are becomes a very distant thing in a culture where you are basically invisible unless you have accomplished some tremendous feat.

Unconditional love is always the answer to our spiritual woes.

I think this is a case where it's easy for someone with aspergers to relate, because the theme of the individual's ostracization from the collective is all to familiar to us.

OvnR
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Aug 2014, 3:24 am

I love Naruto in Jr. High... By the time I was a Sophomore in High school and looked back thinking "Damn that character is obnoxious"

I voted no, but don't let that stop you from enjoying your interpretation., especially if it makes you feel more confident about yourself :)