Little known/forgotten TV shows/movies you love

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 2:57 am

equestriatola wrote:
Over the past century, there are many TV shows that you like that have been largely forgotten or just little known. This thread is where you can talk about them, and maybe find somebody on these forums who like the series you will mention.

For me, one series I have recently discovered (but aired when I was just a mere baby) is the 1987 syndicated animated series Beverly Hills Teens. What's it about? Per Wikipedia:
Quote:
The series' namesake teenagers reside in the exclusive enclave of Beverly Hills, California and are shown to have exaggerated wealth, exemplified by mansions, yachts, and limousines, while navigating typical teenage concerns, including schoolwork, friendships, and romantic rivalries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills_Teens
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/W ... HillsTeens

The above two links are about the two series. Hope you can enlighten yourself on this little-known series. :D

I remember this one as well. It was also shown as part of Maxie's World (along with reruns of the animated version of Punky Brewster, and Maxie)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2015, 11:12 am

I'm Alan Partridge. I forgot how funny these were and just how annoying Alan is. If you like British comedy then I urge you to give this show a looking at

Ilikecornerstostandin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Apr 2015, 1:07 pm

Animated film called The Adventures of Unico
I vaguely remember it involved Satan's tiny son wanting to grow horns like daddy, a vampire prince who seduced a girl who I think was a cat, and a super cute very kind little unicorn who wanted to help everyone.

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 8:53 pm

I like one called the prisoner it is a bit of a old British show, super bizarre but fun to watch.

SageGrouse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2015, 6:20 pm

invaderhorizongreen wrote:
I like one called the prisoner it is a bit of a old British show, super bizarre but fun to watch.

OOOOHHH! Me too!! I'll tell you a story that happened to me back around 1978 or so...

I don't remember the eXACT year but they were doing the United states census and I hired on as an "Enumerator"

I attended all the Enumerator training sessions wearing my black liesure jacket with the white pinstriping, tan trousers and deck shoes WITH the Village badge! I love to cosplay! Well... NOBODY noticed!! Nobody. And the Prisoner was playing around that time on PBS! Well... when I finished training, I was set loose on our neighborhood with my blue "U.S. Census Enumerator" kit, forms and so on. I wore my Village outfit when I went out on my route. NOBODY noticed!

Until ONE fateful day! I knocked on a door and the woman in the house pulled the door curtain to one side and saw me standing on her step... She froze! And then.... the following conversation happened, through the glass of the window...
Woman: "WHAT... do you WANT?!"
Me: "....*!*... Information!"
W. "Whose side are you on?!"
Me: "That would be *telling*! ! We WANT information!"
W. "You won't get it!"
Me: "By hook or by crook... we WILL!"
W. "Who are you?!"
Me: I am the New Number Two!"
W. "Who is Number ONE?!"
Me: You are Number Six!"
W. "I am not a number! I am a free woman!!"

She finally opened the door and we had a wonderful laugh and she did answer all the census questions. She MADE my whole DAY! I've never forgotten it.

AliceKathleen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Apr 2015, 11:27 am

As a kid, I love Twilight Zone. These days, the only Tv I watch is PBS. Cannot take commercials. Cannot take
"cable tv" paying for tv just seems wrong.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 6:25 pm

The Violinist of Hamlin
Clamp Campus Detectives
Woozer's Hand-to-Mouth Life
Bottom Biting Bug

Yeah, I am an anime otaku, and proud of it.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

15 Apr 2015, 9:18 pm

I will add one thing: I personally would love to see Beverly Hills Teens be revived in some form.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:31 pm

Now and Again - only ran for about half a season - basically man is killed, government resurrects him into someone else's bionic body and tries to force him to be a superagent for them, but all he really wants is to go back home to his wife and daughter who he desperately loves.

Martial Law - Starred Sammo Law and Arsenio Hall as cops in LA, Sammo as an 'exchange' cop from China - mostly a vehicle for Sammo to do a lot of improvised Hong Kong style martial arts stunts, but it was good fun.

Kung Fu: The Legend Continues - most of the episodes suffered from pretty bad writing but still enjoyed it and David Carradine's too at peace performance was fun

Sports Night - sort of like Aaron Sorkin's Newsroom on HBO, but instead of centering around a faux-CNN newscast it was more of a faux-ESPN sportscast.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 6:14 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Does anyone remember the cartoon "Megas XLR"? I loved that show when I was a kid. :D

I do indeed! I forgot about that show until this post. Man that was a neat show.

As for my own contributions, a forgotten TV movie that is 'bad' but enjoyable nonetheless is Killdozer. I think it was based off a 40's era comic book, and it stars Clint Walker.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Apr 2015, 4:16 pm

I've always had a lifelong obsession with the old 1939 Laurel & Hardy film, "Flying Deuces." It recently got a little bit of exposure from Doctor Who.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 5:25 pm

Neon Noir wrote:
I've always had a lifelong obsession with the old 1939 Laurel & Hardy film, "Flying Deuces." It recently got a little bit of exposure from Doctor Who.

I have to go back and rewatch Flying Deuces. My favorite L&H film, aside from the obvious Music Box, is Busy Bodies - Laurel tricking the construction worker into smoking gets me every time.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Apr 2015, 6:32 pm

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
I have to go back and rewatch Flying Deuces. My favorite L&H film, aside from the obvious Music Box, is Busy Bodies - Laurel tricking the construction worker into smoking gets me every time.

I may have missed Busy Bodies or I'm just blanking out. Either way, it's going on my list. Thanks for the recommendation!

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2015, 10:10 pm

Little known can be such a difficult term as things may be well known only in certain areas and amonst certin age groups. A few things I tend to think of initially are some shows I watched as a child. Nickelodeon got more of my attention than the Disney channel. I tend to see people who are younger than I so equate childhood with different Nickelodeon shows. Of not for me are a variety of anime series that were shown on there. All were, of course dubbed as they were aimed at children. Of note were The Noozles, Belle and Sebastian, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Maple Town, The Adventures of the Little Koala, The Little Princes (Based on the book), and Maya the Bee. A live action show I was fond of was called Today's Special. It used humans and puppets and was centered around a mannequin in a department store that came to life after it closed.

I will have to give this more thought as I am sure I could list more. :P

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 8:14 pm

Quote:
The Mysterious Cities of Gold

Haha, I remember that show.
Heeeeey oh-ey oh-eeeeeeeey someday we will find, the cities of gold.

I used to watch that all the time when I was a young child.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 9:05 pm

There was a TV show called ? The Next Hundred Years? or The First Hundred Years? (or something like that) from the late 60s or the early 70s that I liked. It was about a man in his 60s who is told they finally found his missing father in a glacier in Alaska and that once his father was unfrozen, they found out he was alive. The father comes and lives with his son. The father is still a young man while his son is an old man.