Opinions of new Pixar movie "Inside Out"

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mineTNT73
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jun 2015, 6:13 pm

Can anyone give their opinions of Inside Out. Personally I love it, the concept is brilliant, and I feel it has a certain appeal to all of you guys.

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2015, 9:12 am

I love the idea of Inside Out, and how it incorporates themes of preteen hormones and emotions with colourful animated characters. I haven't seen it yet, but it does look promising.

TealOtter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2015, 12:16 pm

Loved it! It seems like Pixar actually incorporated a lot of child psychology into the movie which I really appreciate.

Andoras
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2015, 11:44 am

54together wrote:
I love the idea of Inside Out, and how it incorporates themes of preteen hormones and emotions with colourful animated characters. I haven't seen it yet, but it does look promising.

Same here. To be honest I think in some point I always intrested in cartoons about the inside part of human body and how it works (Once upon the time... Life;Ozzy and Drix).

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 5:51 pm

Honestly, before I saw it I thought "gee, that looks like they ripped off Herman's Head" and when I saw it, sure enough it basically was exactly that. It was decent enough but IMHO its far from the best of the Pixar movies - The Incredibles and Nemo were both far better.

Skurvey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2015, 7:45 pm

While I enjoyed the movie - sobbed my eyes out at points and laughed out loud too - I felt it was quite distressing, a bit like coming out of a heavy therapy session. What happens when your core memories aren't based in Joy? I would suggest that people with depressive problems stay well clear of this movie, could be quite damaging.

chapstan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jul 2015, 11:53 am

Although it did have tearful moments, I think Joy's realization that Sadness is needed in our lives to help bring us together makes it quite worthwhile.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 5:02 am

Fox did a show on this idea. Inside Herman's Head.

Nothing new. Doubt the jokes will be better.

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 12:22 am

It was better than the hype.

The first half was so clever that I could have watched it again right away because it was so original and fast paced that it was hard to absorb it all. The second half included some very moving scenes, but it was also more plot-driven and felt a bit more conventional. The ending was good and not too predictable. More than that, I can't stop thinking about the topics raised in the film. Here's an interesting background article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/05/opini ... e-out.html

Before the movie they show trailers of films intended to appeal to the same audience and most were minor tweaks on existing formulas - NOW WITH DOGS! Inside Out is really unique.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 12:37 am

my husband and i both enjoyed it. it had plenty of adult jokes. the time passed quickly.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 1:59 pm

It was an amazing movie! Although I liked it very much, it was Pixar's darkest movie they have done so far.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm

I hadn't gone to a movie theater in six years, until this month when I finally went to see Inside Out. A blogger I respect gave it a great review, and something about the premise just reached out and grabbed me, so I took the chance.

It was a touching, even life-changing experience. I've gone back to see it four more times since then. Every time I laugh, cry, and find something else to love about it. This movie is a psychological journey, a buddy comedy, a thrill ride, and a farewell to innocence all rolled into one. The music and animation are great, the voice acting is uniformly astounding, and the main message of the film--that dealing with pain and sadness in our lives is essential to personal development--is a good one. For anyone who is sick and tired of being expected to smile and and act happy when they're not, this message will resonate.

Personifying the emotions is nothing new in literature or film. The originality lies not in the concept itself, but the execution, and that is where the movie truly shines. After seeing a few comparisons to Herman's Head (mostly by those who hadn't seen the movie yet), I sat down and watched an episode for myself--and I have to say, there's no comparison. Inside Out takes place in a brilliantly written and detailed inner world that took six years to develop; Herman's Head is a dull sitcom where four "sides" of the title character's personality kind of stand around and argue in the basement of his mind while he goes through his day. There are worse ways to kill a half hour, but it's no Inside Out.

This one's going down as one of my favorite films of all time.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 6:03 pm

I loved it. I loved the characters of the different emotions and how they would interact with each other. After I saw it, I was thinking about what the same emotions inside my head would say.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2015, 7:18 am

A great idea. The animation was terrific!

zchong

31 Dec 2015, 12:29 am

It's a near perfect film to me.

But I'm going to throw this out there, could Riley be autistic?

[url]https://tvbookfilmreviewers.wordpress.com/
[/url]
https://writersrandomideas.wordpress.com/
https://justanotherstupidblogsite.wordpress.com/

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 6:54 pm

zchong wrote:
It's a near perfect film to me.

But I'm going to throw this out there, could Riley be autistic?

What makes you think she is? I don't think she was created to be, I think she was created to just be an average preteen girl.