Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 4:54 pm

Even if you don't watch movies very much, which movies do you consider having the most confusing endings?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 9:51 am

"Murder by Death" - The "confusion" provided a nice twist, though.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 11:05 am

The Soporanos was an HBO series and not a movie but their ending left everything open. Many people detested the end but I had more difficulty with (spoiler alert!) the psychiatrist rejecting Tony and turning him away from her practice. That confused me because I did not think psychiatrists did that, especially since he did nothing out of the ordinary for him. I think the psychiatrist became a little paranoid.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 1:31 pm

I thought the ending to Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind was confusing
and in a way, similar to the ending of Inception.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 8:39 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
The Soporanos was an HBO series and not a movie but their ending left everything open. Many people detested the end but I had more difficulty with (spoiler alert!) the psychiatrist rejecting Tony and turning him away from her practice. That confused me because I did not think psychiatrists did that, especially since he did nothing out of the ordinary for him. I think the psychiatrist became a little paranoid.

My reading of the situation was that Tony was using the sessions to self justify and become a better gangster, and Melfi had moral qualms about it.
===

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 9:01 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:

My reading of the situation was that Tony was using the sessions to self justify and become a better gangster, and Melfi had moral qualms about it.
===

I think you are right about Tony using the sessions to self justify. I'm not so sure about using therapy to become a better gangster. Dr. Melfi seemed to believe the theory presented to her that sociopaths use therapy to hone their skills. I thought Tony was really into his therapy off-and-on.

Lazershow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Sep 2015, 9:22 pm

The ending to the movie Mr. Nobody confused me greatly.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 1:51 pm

The movie Martha, Marcy May, Marlene ended on a confusing note. Did she actually make it to the treatment facility? Or did the cult she was in managed to get her back?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 1:55 pm

This is an old one, but the ending to The Black Hole by Disney was not only bizarre, but pretty disturbing.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 7:59 pm

The Black Hole? I've never heard of that one. The endings of time travel movies often leave my mind tangled up like spaghetti.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 3:12 am

I don't recall much of the The Black Hole except that the ending disappointed me, I thought it didn't give any answer to what happened.
My father claimed the white light meant they died.
Not according to Wikipedia.

2001: A Space Odyssey

There wan one movie we watched where we had to go to imdb to even understand what happened at the end, but I can't recall the title. Will post it later if I recall it.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 3:16 am

David Lynch's brilliant brain-benders Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are extremely convoluted pieces of art.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 3:35 am

another one: Sahara (based on the novel by Clive Cussler)
Close to the end of the movie when the villain Yves Massarde is eating at a restaurant, he is served water.

Spoiler wrote:
If my mother hadn't read the book and told me so, none of us would have had any idea whatsoever that the water was of the contaminated type.According to imdb Massarde "does not notice that the waiter who serves him water (which he drinks) served only him and disappeared with the rest of the bottle". That's not something either of us had picked up on.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 3:57 am

Mission to Mars. For years after watching it, I thought the main character, at the end of the movie, …

Spoiler wrote:
… is immersed in ordinary water and drowns, smiling eerily as he hallucinates during his last few seconds, as his former friends head back to Earth.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 8:14 pm

JakeASD wrote:
David Lynch's brilliant brain-benders Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are extremely convoluted pieces of art.

That they are. I'm still a bit confused about the end of Eraserhead. I had taken the lady in the radiator to be part of Henry's imagination, but then at the movie's end, he's joined her. That, and the man in the planet seems to be trying to reverse the gears to save Henry, only to have the fiery sparks flaming up around him as he fights with the switch in anguish. Not that I'm complaining; I love Lynch's weird sh*t!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 6:40 am

Agreed on Inception and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Modern cops show up and arrest everybody, thus abruptly ending the movie. I don't get it.