Anyone here (besides Jamesy) like the Schumacher Batman?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

are you serious?
yes, i like batman with lame puns and nipples 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
no, i like batman with bad assery and awesomeness 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 12

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 5:02 pm

bat nipples

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 5:11 pm

never seen Schumackers Bat films, I would not mind seeing Batman Forever, if i liked it i would probably like it as a Jim Carrey Movie not as a Batman movie, and as for Batman And Robin, i would not see it in my life.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 4:58 am

I'll confess that i did see Batman Forever at the cinema, but that was when i was 11 years old and subsequently i was young and stupid due to my parents dragging me along. As for Batman and Robin, i saw that as well aged 13, which i completly and utterly regret every day of my life. Now, i wouldn't watch both of them.

Luckily, i started reading the classic graphic novels and comics during my college days and realised Batman is meant to be a dark, conflicted vigilante who's alter ego is a spoilt rich playboy.

Give me the Christopher Nolan films, the Animated Series. the Arkham Asylum game and even Tim Burton's superior classics over Joel Schumacher's lame entries anyday of the week.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 5:55 am

Never seen Schumachers Batman films, If someone was watching Batman Forever, i would watch it and enjoy it as a Jim Carrey Movie, but as for Batman And Robin, i would never watch it in my life.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 12:26 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF8aHbZcthY[/youtube]

^The man who should pick out scripts/edit and direct the next Batman movie after Nolan is done.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 1:05 pm

skafather84 wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF8aHbZcthY[/youtube]

^The man who should pick out scripts/edit and direct the next Batman movie after Nolan is done.

I personally think that there should be a British BBC series of Batman set in London, with the executive producers Steven Moffat and Julie Gardner.

as for the cast

Jeremy Edwards (Holby City, Hollyoaks) as Batman/ Bruce Wayne
Larry Lamb (Gavin And Stacey, EastEnders) as Alfred Pennyworth
Philip Glenister (Life On Mars, Ashes To Ashes) as James Gordon
Danny John Jules (Red Dwarf) as Lucius Fox
Michelle Ryan as Batgirl/ Barbara Gordon
Colin Morgan (Merlin) as Robin/ Dick Grayson
Laila Rouass (Footballers Wives) as Nazima Begum (A British version of Renee Montoya)
Julian Bleach as The Joker
John Simm (Life On Mars) as The Riddler/ Edward Nigma
David Suchet (Poirot) as The Penguin/ Oswald Cobblepot
Rita Simons (EastEnders) as Harley Quinn
Gareth David Lloyd as Scarecrow/ Jonathan Crane
Freema Agyeman (Doctor Who) as Catwoman
Christopher Eccleston as Black Mask/ Roma Sionis
Anthony Head (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) as Ra's Al Ghul/Henri Ducard
James Nesbitt (Cold Feet) as Harvey Dent/ Two Face (I hope Jamesy gets a nightmare of Nesbitt as Two Face)
Roger Lloyd Pack (Only Fools And Horses) as Hugo Strange
Chris Barrie (Red Dwarf as Arnold Wesker/ Ventriloquist/ Scarface (Voice Only)
Dave Legeno as Bane
Goldie as Killer Croc
Karen Gillan (Doctor Who) as Poison Ivy/ Pamela Isley
Matt Smith (Doctor Who) as The Mad Hatter
Mackenzie Crook (The Office) as Joe Chill
Kara Tointon (EastEnders) as Talia Al Ghul

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 1:19 pm

Joel Schumacher's Batman movies SUCKED.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 2:05 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
never seen Schumackers Bat films, I would not mind seeing Batman Forever, if i liked it i would probably like it as a Jim Carrey Movie not as a Batman movie, and as for Batman And Robin, i would not see it in my life.

Laconvivencia wrote:
Never seen Schumachers Batman films, If someone was watching Batman Forever, i would watch it and enjoy it as a Jim Carrey Movie, but as for Batman And Robin, i would never watch it in my life.

you said the same thing twice. don't repeat yourself

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 2:07 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Joel Schumacher's Batman movies SUCKED.

agreed

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 2:22 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:

Laconvivencia wrote:

sorry

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 2:54 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:

Laconvivencia wrote:

sorry

its fine

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 5:36 pm

Batman Forever had good elements in it, and when you look at the deleted scenes and the novelisation, it could have been much, much better. For example, in the film as put into the cinemas, the dreams Bruce had lost significance, you just see Bruce clutching the diary and seeing the giant bat. What was originally intended was that Bruce seems to remember later in the film reading in his parents' diary that it was all his fault that they went out the night they were killed, and that he repressed the memory. This is why he considers leaving behind Batman. But after the assault of Two-Face and the Riddler on Wayne Manor, Bruce wakes up, temporarily, with amnesia. Alfred takes him to the Batcave to try and jog his memory. And Bruce, while investigating, not only comes across the giant bat that haunts his dreams, but also the diary. He learns that it wasn't his fault they went out, that his parents wanted to see something else while going out that night.

They also changed Two-Face's death in the novelisation. Batman knocks Two-Face's coin out of the air, but Two-Face merely falls onto a nearby girder while catching it, cursing Batman. Robin, however, chastises Two-Face, saying angrily that Two-Face never had the courage to use the coin on himself. Two-Face does so, gives Robin a sardonic lecture, and jumps to his death.

If you can track down the novelisation of this, do so. It does redeem much of the movie.

On sabbatical...

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:21 pm

i'm glad you are all true batman fans

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 9:02 pm

I was six years old when Batman and Robin was released, and my parents bought it for me when it was released on video. I enjoyed it when I was little.

I haven't seen the movie in years, so I couldn't give a fresh review of it at this moment.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 10:06 pm

all right, who voted yes? i'm not pointing fingers *cough* jamesy *cough*

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 4:52 am

here is the list of Batman films from most favorite (1) to least favorite (6)

1. Batman Begins
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman 89
4. Batman Returns
5. Batman Forever
6. Batman And Robin