Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2005, 6:27 pm

I was just wondering if any of the rest of you are fans of VeggieTales like I am. Or of 3-2-1 Penguins, which is put out by the same company.

VeggieTales has been one of my narrow-minded obsessions over the years, ever since my sister recieved "Are You my Neighbor?" for her birthday or Christmas one year. Our family has collected all of the classics and many of the newer videos and I can recite most of the videos from start to finish with few prompts. I've also written a fan fiction about VeggieTales, which was lost :cry: and can do several of the voices, including Archibald Asparagus, Bob the Tomato, Junior Asparagus, Junior's mom, Mr. Lunt and some other character which I cannot remember at the moment. I think it's the onion without the name.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2005, 7:37 pm

Not really a fan after I figured out what it was, but there was a time in college when I happened to catch the first christmas special after I had consumed a large amount of...shall we say "illegal vegatables" ...it pretty much blew my mind...esp. Mr. Lunt's elf "I'm a elf" and Buzzsaw Louie, (the only toy with an actual working buzzsaw)...I still get the "could it be santa" song stuck in my head from time to time :D

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 12:17 am

I've never enjoyed that terrible plethorta of torture. I eat vegetables, not laugh at them.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 7:54 am

Hooray! for veggie tales!! I've been a huge veggie tales fan for ages, since when the first silly songs video came out. I don't like 3-2-1 penguins half so much, but it's still cute. I love Larry!! !! And Silly SOngs. And Phil Vischer. And "A SNoodle's Tale". And "King George and the Ducky" And on and on and on :wink:

MercuryAvatar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Sep 2005, 9:07 pm

I saw the one about the Rumour Weed, and the story about Esther.

Unfortunately, though I do loosely remember a lot of the episodes I saw, what I really remember is the song that one of the contestants to become queen sang;

Puppies are cuddly, puppies are cute,
They're never nasty or mean.
And I'd give a home to all the lost puppies,
If ever one day I were queen.

And an even longer version in the credits.

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 9:42 pm

This reminds me of a funny story. A couple of years ago we bought some new 3-2-1 penguins movies for our kids. After the kids were in bed that night we curled up and started to watch them ourselves (because YES I do love them). Our son woke up and came in the room like he caught us at something bad and we said yes this is what we do after you go to bed we watch your movies. :)

Y

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 9:49 pm

I'm not a big fan of the Veggie Tales, I do think they are cute and good for kids to watch as they teach some good values whether a child is in a christian upbringing or not. My sons like them. :)

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2005, 6:04 pm

VeggieTales was one of my favorite things to watch when I was younger. I still have some of the videos, though I havbe not watched any lately.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2005, 11:40 am

I'm still allowed to watch them because I live at home with the rest of my family and my little brother still watches them. Therefore, I have a good excuse. ;) MercuryAvatar, the song is sung by Miss something-or-rather. I know there's a longer version somewhere, and the same character makes appearances in the SUV (newer video) silly song. The original song was from Esther. :)

rain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2005, 6:09 pm

I've wanted to see it since my cousins told me how much they loved it a couple of years ago.
I still have yet to find it here in the UK.

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2005, 6:25 pm

Saw it in a doctors office, its a religious indotrination tool for programming children too young for critical thought. :/

Ick...........

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2005, 10:47 pm

Tak wrote:
Saw it in a doctors office, its a religious indotrination tool for programming children too young for critical thought. :/

Ick...........

I guess I should feel lucky that I could never get past them being vegetables. Otherwise, I might've learned something! Oh no! :P SARCASM

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2005, 11:03 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Tak wrote:

Ick...........

I guess I should feel lucky that I could never get past them being vegetables. Otherwise, I might've learned something! Oh no! :P SARCASM

Amd what would you learn from vegatables? How to live live in a vegetative state? ;)

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 6:34 am

rain wrote:
I've wanted to see it since my cousins told me how much they loved it a couple of years ago.
I still have yet to find it here in the UK.

Ive seen it it many shops in the uk. Your obviously not looking too hard.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 12:24 pm

VeggieTales is awesome; I grew up watching them in church, and they were quite funny. I still laugh at them!

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 1:15 pm

aspiegirl2 wrote:
VeggieTales is awesome; I grew up watching them in church, and they were quite funny. I still laugh at them!

Me too. One of my most favourite things to do when I'm bored is see how many episodes I can run through (by memorization) in my head while doing other things, like during swim practice. I can do almost all of "Lyle, the Kindly Viking" from start to finish now, including many of the voices, which is really fun. I can't wait until "Lord of the Beans" comes out so I can do the same. :D