Page 69 of 155 [ 2475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 155  Next

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 6:04 pm

Scully: [holding an Apollo 11 keychain] I actually was thinking about, uh, this gift that you gave me for my birthday. You never got to tell me why you gave it to me or what it means, but I think I know. I think that you appreciate that there are extraordinary men and women and extraordinary moments when history leaps forward on the backs of these individuals, that what can be imagined can be achieved, that you must dare to dream, but that there's no substitute for perseverance and hard work and teamwork because no one gets there alone; and that, while we commemorate the... the greatness of these events and the individuals who achieve them, we cannot forget the sacrifice of those who make these achievements and leaps possible.
Mulder: I just thought it was a pretty cool keychain.

And that is fundamentally what I believe in, and this seriously and ideally, and I would enjoy and appreciate, and miss, someone just joking it off, with all that meaning.

Whatever the situation/characters, milestone human thinking and situation. (just identifies better with these. Have you seen her hair? And his cock?).

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 6:31 pm

stifle yerself!

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 7:09 pm

:)

Done restraint enough. How come you still enjoy being sofly funny with all that you read? Seriously (out of the fun). You are CALM. Teach me.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 7:13 pm

That ain't swearing, GD. The first word is God. How can that be a swear word? The most popular word in the Bible. The second word, damn, that's a perfectly good word, you hear it all the time, like they dammed the river to keep it from flooding it. And you read in the Bible that some guy was damned for cheating or stealing or having "insex" in the family. And who damned him? Who else? God. God damned him. Edith, beautiful words right out of the Holy Book. Don't show your ignorance!

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 7:56 pm

Not religious at all , mind blocker for so many to me. Open mindedness. Nothing against religion per se then. I choose to think free, means any thinking that brings good and well being to each one, and spread it as a person. Good for you. Trying to understand people as a whole, and individually. It takes time, patience, beyond compassion and one's personal demons. I appreciate your answer. Always try to learn from you. Not always as calm. Thankd. Good night.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 8:03 pm

Seriously folks, you better watch your step when he comes out here because he's a man who shoots from the hip and a man who's hip when he shoots.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 8:25 pm

I'm having these nightmares, visions, that are the manifestation of pure evil.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 8:27 pm

Perhaps it might be better, Mr. President, if you were more concerned with the American People than with your image in the history books.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 4:51 pm

No man can walk out of his own story.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 9:53 pm

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 4:03 pm

'Gregor Samsa awoke one morning to discover that he had been transformed into a giant cockroach.' Nah, it's too good.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 5:29 pm

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 4:46 am

Timothy Cavendish: We cross and re-cross our old paths like figure-skaters.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 4:57 am

you're gonna have to answer to the coca cola company.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 5:44 am

Pardon me while I fall down laughing. HA, HA, HA.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 5:59 am

Mr. Mulligan, a rather dour critic of his times, is shortly to discover the import of that old phrase, 'Out of the frying pan, into the fire' - said fire burning brightly at all times - in The Twilight Zone.