Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 2:34 am

Cyberman wrote:
Pokémon. I was basically forced to watch it, and I really couldn't understand why people find it so appealing. So you have these animals with super-powers, and you have these three incompetent villains to fight... :roll:

And don't get me started on Digimon...

*activates heat-shields in anticipation of getting flamed*

I don't like those ones either.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 4:56 pm

Pokemon and Digimon- ahh nostalgia :D

Naruto. I actually like the manga, but the anime sucks and it's horribly overrated.

*flamed*

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

tinmaiden
Raven
Raven

14 Aug 2009, 5:04 pm

I don't like humorous anime very much; I never understand it at all. :/

-Fyodor Dostoevsky

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 1:23 am

Dragonball Z, for no more intelligent or valid reason than that the characters are all so friggin' butt ugly. I have a problem with Bakugan for the same reason, a consistent oddity about the faces throughout each show's cartooning style, one that just rubs me the wrong way.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

Wolfen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Aug 2009, 2:57 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Yupa wrote:
I honestly never got much into Bleach to the point where I might say I dislike it.
The art style kind of annoyed me and the humor didn't work, and the premise did absolutely nothing for me.
Only watched the first few episodes, but decided pretty early on that I probably didn't want to continue with it.
I also found Code Geass really boring, although I wouldn't say I dislike it.

How in God's name do you find Code Geass boring??? The anime is nothing but plot twist after plot twist!

I completely agree with Yupa. When I watched the first 2 episodes of Code Geass, I didn't understand anything.

But I do like Pokemon series, because Team Rocket is just too awesome... I'm always waiting for them while watching Pokemon.

I also dislike most of Magical Girl Anime, (exceptions are Sailormoon and DoReMi), they're just too boring and senseless...

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 2:14 am

I don't like a lot of the popular ones... I hate Naruto the most. Inuyasha is also terrible, but at least it was able to trick me into thinking it might be a decent show for 10 episodes. Bleach is pretty bad too. (One thing that annoyed me about Naruto were all those dumb stereotype fat, stupid "Otaku" kids at my school who try to act like cute Japanese girls wearing those stupid headbands...)

Let's see.... One Piece is stupid too. Fullmetal Alchemist was mediocre. It wasn't absolutely horrible, but I couldn't get into it at all.

The ones I do like are: Yu Yu Hakusho, Fist of the North Star, Shin Chan, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Dragonball Z, Pokemon (mostly the Kanto episodes), Digimon

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 3:22 am

Wolfen wrote:
I also dislike most of Magical Girl Anime, (exceptions are Sailormoon and DoReMi), they're just too boring and senseless...

Maybe you could try out Magical Witch Punie-chan (Dai Mahō Tōge), It is kind of a parody on the magical girl genre, although is a bit twisted and slightly shocking, she is total opposite to the norm, as she is a bit of a villain. Or if you like Team Rocket maybe you would like Excel Saga which stars the hopless team called ACROSS trying to take over the world, often getting no where and leaving Excel near death, or dead (in which case they do a redo). Though it does get a bit random, such the fact she carries the mascot character, a dog, for the single reason of being emergency food provisions.

Firechick
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Aug 2009, 7:24 am

The type of anime I totally dislike...

ANYTHING ECCHI OR INFESTED WITH FAN-SERVICE in the forms of revealing maid outfits, chest grabbing, flashing undergarments, lolicon, overused moe and fetishes!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 8:23 am

Firechick wrote:
The type of anime I totally dislike...

ANYTHING ECCHI OR INFESTED WITH FAN-SERVICE in the forms of revealing maid outfits, chest grabbing, flashing undergarments, lolicon, overused moe and fetishes!

So you are saying that their is not a single ecchi title you have liked. If you have a trouble with them being just shalloweries I could recomend a few series that are actualy quite good, with good stories, character development and even questions of phylosophy.

Chobits has its share of fanservice etc, often involving the moe robot girl, but the series itself actualy brings up the subject that people are trying to substitute interaction between each other. It is quite hhighly acclaimed, and not because of its service, but because of characters and how it questions the human condition.

And it also sounds like from saying "maid outfits, chest grabbing, flashing undergarments, lolicon, overused moe and fetishes", that you are saying you would dislike The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. This is a series that chalenges this idea and actualy mocks it, it is very highly acclaimed series with a very large fanbase, and most don't have much little interest in the service. In fact any ecchi moments are ment for you to be shocked at what one character forced upon another, well she mostly sees the girl as her plaything. And this is a series I would recomend to any one.

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 11:20 am

jocundthelilac wrote:
Pokemon and Digimon- ahh nostalgia :D

Naruto. I actually like the manga, but the anime sucks and it's horribly overrated.

*flamed*

I like reading the manga to Naruto as well, but I hardly watch the anime due to too much filler.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 5:55 pm

Brad I would love to hear some of the animes you recommend.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 3:13 am

thewrll wrote:
Brad I would love to hear some of the animes you recommend.

Well maybe I will recomend some that some people may dislike, but I myself have enjoyed.

There is Kdomo no Jikan, it is quite contriversial and disliked by a bunch people because it has the theme of lolicon, infact I didn't like it at first. Put it bluntley it an anime about a third grade girl who is in love with her begining teacher and isn't afraid to say it, and he batles trying to keep her from doing naughty things things kids shouldnt say or do, and helping the kids have a healthy childhood. One main theme is that kids are in a way to sexualised and you may view some of it as a bit sick, but what is quite good is when you see the actual back story of characters and possibly why characters are doing the things they do.

Another one that is required taste is Inukami!, its basic themes are harem,ecchi and supernatural, though this series differes in a big way to the usual ones, which is one reason it is a favirout. If I was to give an explanation of how it differes, I could probably sum it up in the words "manservice instead of fanservice", it will try to pull you into thinking one thing then pull something you were not expecting that can shock you, but can be hilarious. If you watch this I will say the first two episodes can be a shock at first, and belive me it will, but get past them and you have an ausome series with interesting characters, plot twists, action, comedy, and some nice animation/music and an alternate ED that may make you wet yourself.

And thinking a little bit I might recomend Hayate no Gotoku (Hayate the Combat Butler), it is one of my favirout series being an ausome parody that even breaks the fourth wall at times. The entire concept of the show might sound stupid such as what exactly is a 'Combat Butler', and many people probably think that a show about a butler that fights, gangsters, ghosts, beasts, other butlers, giant robots etc would be stupid but this realy works. The show makes you laugh every episode, whether it be references to other anime/movies, parody of overdone plots and makeing fun of itself, infact the narator often describes characters badly, says what is obviously going to hapen and coment on how outlandish the plot is. In fac the main character talks to the narator at times, and in a way many of the charaters know they are in an anime/manga, but they get the exact genre wrong, or at times theyhave even said that something strange will hapen just becaus that is how things usualy hapen.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 4:25 pm

Brad I liked your suggestions before so keep them coming.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 4:41 am

Well some people realy hate moe romantic anime, but there are few that I would recomend people to watch, three are all made by KyoAni and based on Key graphic novels. They are Air TV, Kanon 2006 and Clannad/Clannad After Story, Some people starting out would probably think that they have no interest in romantic/moe anime, but these realy are some of my tops. They are also surprisingly funy, with some of my highlights in anime, though they also get quite sad, I wont lie to you and say that I didn't cry in all these titles. But that also made them great, in fact about three fourths of the way through Clannad After Story I was hating the creators for doing such things to some characters I was attached to, but I think that made it all the better after seeing through to the end.

For some anime that I have liked on a level are a few that have been of simular roles done by one of my favirout seiyu Rie Kugimiya, though some say that she is stuck she owns the genre of tsundre. They are Shakugan no Shana, Torador!Zero no Tsukaima and to a lesser extent as a secondary character in Kanamemo, she is so well known for these type of parts that they even make references to it in Hayate no Gotoku which she also holds the simular role as lead female. These anime are quite good especialy Toradora that recently kicked up a big storm as being quite good, though it's second to last episode was quite insane.

And maybe I will recomend some ecchi harem anime, though often hated I think even my sister has enjoyed them. There is Rosario + Vampire, kind of corny at times, filled at times with panty shots, though latter on they play jokes by putting a very large amount of censors in latter on. I found it good though there is a lot of criticism for being different from the manga, though since I have started manga after seeing the anime I think that both are good, probably has one of the most dangerous Harems in anime. There is Kanokon, known for the story of a girl with a secret (and good figure) falls in love with the main character who looks quite younger and quite often tries to push him into you know and creats scenes boarding on the edge of what could be considered ecchi. I thought it was quite good, kind of like Inukami, but kind of backwards. And lastly I might say Shuffle!, though conisdered as being quite of poor quality by seasoned anime watchers, especialy at the begining, I think it kind of was a good startoff ecchi harem anime, with a bunch of some big cliches attached to the title. It does get more good later on with some interesting character development, choosing the not expected girl and one character turns yandre.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 5:19 am

Brad is your special interest anime?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 5:39 am

thewrll wrote:
Brad is your special interest anime?

Pretty much, I starrted watching on the net last year have enjoyed what I have found. lately I have also taken a note to give my thoughts on anime by comenting on the latest episodes of anime on forums.