Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Dec 2009, 6:48 am

Just remembered another one: "Dancer in the Dark", by Lars von Trier, but it didn't make me cry the second time I watched it; I think I had put up a defensive wall in the meantime, because of how incredibly painful it was the first time round.

Like Meadow said about "The Secret Life of Bees" I have never cried so much in a cinema as I did watching DitD. I started early on and almost didn't stop for the rest of the film. I think that the character played by Bjork is pretty aspie/autie.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 6:57 am

I cried all the time when I was a child, but I haven't broken down in tears in the past ten years. I've shed a few tears watching:

Pinocchio
Blade Runner
Grave of the Fireflies

The first two was really just at the ending. The last one was at several points, even the beginning of the film.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 7:22 am

Big Fish made my boyfriend cry then I started crying because he was

TuDoDude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Dec 2009, 3:49 pm

"The Cure"

Recently..."Up"

Also...end of "Slumdog Millionaire"

Dodus wrote:
For me it was Brother Bear and Finding Neverland. Didn't help that I was in school when I saw Finding Neverland. ><

Philotix
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Dec 2009, 4:34 pm

Hector wrote:
Grave of the Fireflies

I'm with Hector on this one. So much so that I even made a music video in honor of it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2VHH90gOZ0[/youtube]

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2010, 5:35 pm

Angela's Ashes
Hilary and Jackie
Miss Potter

Several of Emily Watson's films make me cry. But, I haven't seen Breaking the Waves yet. I really want to see it.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 5:46 pm

That's really awesome and beautiful Philotix!! :)

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 9:09 pm

Gladiator

Still to this day
Bambi
Lion King

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 3:46 am

I always come close to crying during one particular scene in the Revolutionary Girl Utena Movie.

! !! !!SPOILER ALERT!! !! !

It's when Utena remembers that the boy who drowned in the river was Touga, and she realizes she has to let go. Utena's eyes fill with tears as the area surrounding Touga's ghost is filled with water, and they share a last kiss goodbye. The thing that makes it sad is that the Sunlit Garden song plays while it's happening, and it makes it much more poignant.

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 5:28 am

Beaches

King Kong (the most recent version)

Up

I think The changeling made me cry

and probably several others :)

A Thursday child ..

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 5:39 am

The Lion King, Breaking the Waves, Lilja 4-ever, Titanic, Pear Harbor, Brokeback Mountain, The Desert Within, Lost and Delirious, Water Lilies, Boys Don't Cry, Aimee and Jaguar, The Believer, Gia, Pan's Labyrinth and there's probably tons more but I'm not arsed to list them all :P

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 5:40 am

mysassyself wrote:
Beaches

King Kong (the most recent version)

King Kong made me cry too!

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 7:10 am

Well it's hard to admit this but... Terms of Endearment and An Officer And A Gentleman

dddhgg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 8:32 am

The Fountain, directed by Darren Aronofsky.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 2:48 pm

Snazzlestick wrote:
The Lion King, Breaking the Waves, Lilja 4-ever, Titanic, Pear Harbor, Brokeback Mountain, The Desert Within, Lost and Delirious, Water Lilies, Boys Don't Cry, Aimee and Jaguar, The Believer, Gia, Pan's Labyrinth and there's probably tons more but I'm not arsed to list them all :P

You've seen Breaking the Waves?! I'm an Emily Watson fan, but my mum won't let me see the movie until I'm 18. I've seen a few scenes, though, and I believe that Watson should of gotten the Oscar. Most of Emily Watson's films make you cry!

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 4:16 pm

anarchybovine wrote:
Snazzlestick wrote:

You've seen Breaking the Waves?! I'm an Emily Watson fan, but my mum won't let me see the movie until I'm 18. I've seen a few scenes, though, and I believe that Watson should of gotten the Oscar. Most of Emily Watson's films make you cry!

It's quite soul-destroying that film :P You should make sure you aren't feeling sad or depressed beforehand when you do watch all of it. I remember I cried for days after I watched it.

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.