Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 7:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
crmoore wrote:
Here's an update about the rating fight:

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/weins ... 12117.html

I'm glad Weinstein told the MPAA to go screw itself with this move. What worries me, however, is that earlier in this fight, the National Association Of Theater Owners threatened Weinstein by giving all his future releases the NC-17 minimal distribution treatment if he turned down the R rating. While I'm glad that Weinstein and the filmmakers had the guts to call their bluff, I certainly hope that's all it was: a bluff.

I agree.

Here's a question about bullied children; Do bullied children become bullies themselves?

I didn't. But for some time, I drew even deeper into my shell.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

I did that too for a while. Then when I learned to speak up for myself I found that I had a much lower tolerance for taking crap from people, and that's probably because I was bullied so much when I was young.

My youngest daughter was a bully for the first few years of school. She would bully all the kids, but especially the boys. Not even the bigger badass type boys (the other bullies) would mess with her. We finally got her out of that phase. She's really nice now. Funny thing was, it took the teachers a little while to catch on to her. When we found out about it, it was after one of her teachers figured it out. When she told me, she she laughed at how my daughter had had her and the other teachers fooled for so long. This was in K, 1st and 2nd grades. My daughter was the smallest kid in the class, and she was always very prettily dressed in lacy little dresses and maryjanes and anklesocks and had her hair in braids. She was so dainty and clean. She was so small that nobody could imagine her trying to bully anybody. She was also so sweet to teachers and such a favorite. She would even climb up in her teachers lap and cuddle up to them. Very hard to resist and imagine as a bully. The teacher who told me that she looks and acts like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. She also asked if she was the youngest in a big family, and we said yes she said that's sometimes why kids who are so little can take care of themselves so well, and also why they know to be so sweet and childlike to adults. Cause they are the baby at home and parents baby them more and the other siblings just take their stuff away from them so they have to learn to fight back at a really young age.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 11:27 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
crmoore wrote:
Here's an update about the rating fight:

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/weins ... 12117.html

I'm glad Weinstein told the MPAA to go screw itself with this move. What worries me, however, is that earlier in this fight, the National Association Of Theater Owners threatened Weinstein by giving all his future releases the NC-17 minimal distribution treatment if he turned down the R rating. While I'm glad that Weinstein and the filmmakers had the guts to call their bluff, I certainly hope that's all it was: a bluff.

I agree.

Here's a question about bullied children; Do bullied children become bullies themselves?

I didn't. But for some time, I drew even deeper into my shell.

I did that too for a while. Then when I learned to speak up for myself I found that I had a much lower tolerance for taking crap from people, and that's probably because I was bullied so much when I was young.

My youngest daughter was a bully for the first few years of school. She would bully all the kids, but especially the boys. Not even the bigger badass type boys (the other bullies) would mess with her. We finally got her out of that phase. She's really nice now. Funny thing was, it took the teachers a little while to catch on to her. When we found out about it, it was after one of her teachers figured it out. When she told me, she she laughed at how my daughter had had her and the other teachers fooled for so long. This was in K, 1st and 2nd grades. My daughter was the smallest kid in the class, and she was always very prettily dressed in lacy little dresses and maryjanes and anklesocks and had her hair in braids. She was so dainty and clean. She was so small that nobody could imagine her trying to bully anybody. She was also so sweet to teachers and such a favorite. She would even climb up in her teachers lap and cuddle up to them. Very hard to resist and imagine as a bully. The teacher who told me that she looks and acts like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. She also asked if she was the youngest in a big family, and we said yes she said that's sometimes why kids who are so little can take care of themselves so well, and also why they know to be so sweet and childlike to adults. Cause they are the baby at home and parents baby them more and the other siblings just take their stuff away from them so they have to learn to fight back at a really young age.

I had begun coming out of my shell in my senior year of high school when I realized I could turn ridicule about by answering it with humor; sometimes self deprecating, sometimes by joking about my attacker.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 1:21 pm

Give it a PG rating and put it in theatres across the US. Last I heard it doesn't have a rating, which means it will not be showing in most theatres where I live. Theatres will not accept a film without a rating. It's a movie for young people, yet so many will not be allowed to see it because of ratings issues. It's ridiculous making a movie like this with an R rating. What is the point?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 10:30 pm

in canada (alberta/BC/manitoba/ontario) this film was rated PG, and in québec it was rated G. what in the hell is wrong with america? why are we such a bunch of namby pamby puritanical hypocrites all pretending to have virgin ears? this is a SHAMEFUL state of affairs here. we as a nation need to grow the hell up, act our age and stop being an international embarrassment!

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 7:54 am

Are the scenes depict bullies in action? Is it true or are the kids acting based on true story? I heard about it, but never saw any previews because I was bullied badly and don't want to see bullies on the screen doing it to someone else.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Keyman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2012, 8:24 am

There's a wikipedia page: Bully (2011 film)