Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 8:18 pm

Hokulea wrote:
I've not seen that many yet, but I think my favourites so far are Godzilla Minus One and Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla.

I saw some clips for Godzilla Minus One and it looks good! I'll have to watch it! I never seen Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla but definitely interested in seeing that too! I have to watch alot of the newer Godzilla films that were made in the 90's. I saw a little bit of Godzilla Returns that was made in 1984 but didn't see any after that.

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 8:22 pm

His atomic beam attack is just awesome.

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2024, 5:00 pm

Gojira
The first time I saw this without Raymond Burr, sometime in 2006, I was amazed at what a great film it was. Godzilla, King of the Monsters is good/okay, but Gojira is amazing. I know the year because shortly after seeing it, probably on Turner Classic Movies, I bought it on Amazon and that was September 3, 2006.

I also really enjoyed Godzilla Minus One. It is not available on DVD until November, but I've pre-ordered it.

That said, my appreciation for anything Godzilla came late in life, maybe in my late twenties. In the 1970s, a friend with a similar interest in horror films, loved Japanese monster films. Godzilla was fine, but my love was with model animation like King Kong, Son of Kong, Mighty Joe Young, or basically anything animated by Willis O'Brien or Ray Harryhausen.

Perhaps I'll watch Gojira tonight instead of Killer Klowns from Outer Space on Svengoolie (MeTV).

Princess Viola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2024, 7:34 pm

Friggin love Godzilla, rewatched the 1954 original last night. Honestly that's still the best one.

I've loved Godzilla ever since I was a kid in the 2000s when it seemed like Sci-Fi Channel would air marathons of Godzilla films pretty much every weekend.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2024, 9:41 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
Gojira
The first time I saw this without Raymond Burr, sometime in 2006, I was amazed at what a great film it was. Godzilla, King of the Monsters is good/okay, but Gojira is amazing. I know the year because shortly after seeing it, probably on Turner Classic Movies, I bought it on Amazon and that was September 3, 2006.

I also really enjoyed Godzilla Minus One. It is not available on DVD until November, but I've pre-ordered it.

That said, my appreciation for anything Godzilla came late in life, maybe in my late twenties. In the 1970s, a friend with a similar interest in horror films, loved Japanese monster films. Godzilla was fine, but my love was with model animation like King Kong, Son of Kong, Mighty Joe Young, or basically anything animated by Willis O'Brien or Ray Harryhausen.

Perhaps I'll watch Gojira tonight instead of Killer Klowns from Outer Space on Svengoolie (MeTV).

That's awesome! I first seen the Japanese version maybe 10-14 years ago. It feels like it's been so long ago! I got the DVD that had the Japanese version and the Raymond Burr version on it. I loved seeing the original Japanese version. I had a love for Godzilla probably since I was 13-14. My Uncle who I suspect is on the Autism spectrum as well loved old monster movies and would talk about the movies he seen growing up. Godzilla Minus One looks interesting! I will have to watch it too! I love the original 1933 King Kong too!

Last edited by Brian0787 on 07 Sep 2024, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2024, 9:43 pm

Princess Viola wrote:
Friggin love Godzilla, rewatched the 1954 original last night. Honestly that's still the best one.

I've loved Godzilla ever since I was a kid in the 2000s when it seemed like Sci-Fi Channel would air marathons of Godzilla films pretty much every weekend.

Me too! In fact that's where I watched alot of them too on the Sci-Fi channel! Sci-Fi channel was awesome long ago!

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2024, 4:20 am

Thought this was awesome!

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2024, 4:22 am

This one was cool too! Very neat edit idea they had.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 9:09 am

Brian0787 wrote:

LOL! :lol:

And I love that Godzilla music that plays at the end. I get goosebumps every time I hear it.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 10:46 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
Brian0787 wrote:

LOL! :lol:

And I love that Godzilla music that plays at the end. I get goosebumps every time I hear it.

I thought it was great :lol:. Very neat idea they had. I love the Godzilla music at the end!