Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

05 Oct 2007, 5:08 am

My "style"? I care not about any style. I dress to accommodate myself; and little beyond this. Anyone who dislikes or disapproves can be damned. (And I have tested this, more than once...)

My primary "style" for the past couple of decades has been what is comfortable and utilitarian: Jeans and double t-shirts. The jeans are jeans; usually classic blue, sometimes black or brown or some other colour; but I like denim pants; tough, durable, and comfortable once broken in... The t-shirts? Simple cotton things, that usually have some stylistic design on them that shows off… something? I am interested in. This varies widely, as I'm not quite sane. Yesterday, I wore a t-shirt that had the Thunder cats logo emblazoned up it; black t with a red logo. The day before, a similar black t with an MST3k logo on the front. Today? An olive drab shirt with a large peace symbol on the back; around it are the letters "Peace through superior firepower". Whatever.

My "shoes"? Black, steel-toed engineer boots. No laces to fiddle with; waterproof, oil proof, Vibram soles, comfortable... And, a classic boot feature, I can (and do) tuck a knife in each one.

When things get a bit chilly? I've a brown Indiana Jones leather jacket with a wool shirt tucked inside to keep me warmish, and rain/windproof. I also almost always wear black leather half-finger sap gloves.

More details than were necessary; but enough to jog the imagination, hopefully.

But, mainly, jeans and double t-shirts; nothing beats this.

Good fortune,

- Icarus invents style as he goes...

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 12:03 pm

lets see...I am attracted to vintage clothing, because I have a thing about unsusal fabric patterns...i am very attracted to the pattern on clothing from the 50's-70's....BUT I can't stand the feel of polyester, so i have to seriously hunt down stuff that is made from natural fibers that is also large enough for me to wear...(i have been pretty pudgy lately)

Generally i wear ratty paint stained comfortable clothes in dark colors...I cut the necks out of all my t-shirts...also I screen print on everything I own...unless it already has stuff printed on it.

i really like circle skirts (for their non-constrictivenes..)and skirts with pockets. I will often sew pockets on to skirts that don't already have them...I also frequently shorten my own skirts..and use the fabric left over to make the pockets....I am always finding these skirts that go to the ground...and I am a short person who rides a bike.....so my best length is just below my knees and I wear shorts underneath...

recently, I got a temporary job at a vintage clothing store just covering for someone...um..I was given the offer of all the free clothes i could want....but so far, the only thing I ever wear is this um...black cotton house dress with strawberries across the front.

so I guess if you saw me, likely I'd be wearing a ratty hand-screened t-shirt and a weird vintage skirt that I have somehow altered.