Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2005, 3:36 pm

I've just read Roger Ebert's review. Here's what he says:

Quote:
It was beauty killed the beast.

There are astonishments to behold in Peter Jackson's new "King Kong," but one sequence, relatively subdued, holds the key to the movie's success. Kong has captured Ann Darrow and carried her to his perch high on the mountain. He puts her down, not roughly, and then begins to roar, bare his teeth and pound his chest. Ann, an unemployed vaudeville acrobat, somehow instinctively knows that the gorilla is not threatening her but trying to impress her by behaving as an alpha male -- the King of the Jungle. She doesn't know how Queen Kong would respond, but she does what she can: She goes into her stage routine, doing backflips, dancing like Chaplin, juggling three stones.

Her instincts and empathy serve her well. Kong's eyes widen in curiosity, wonder and finally what may pass for delight. From then on, he thinks of himself as the girl's possessor and protector. She is like a tiny beautiful toy that he has been given for his very own, and before long, they are regarding the sunset together, both of them silenced by its majesty.

The scene is crucial because it removes the element of creepiness in the gorilla/girl relationship in the two earlier "Kongs" (1933 and 1976), creating a wordless bond that allows her to trust him. When Jack Driscoll climbs the mountain to rescue her, he finds her comfortably nestled in Kong's big palm. Ann and Kong in this movie will be threatened by dinosaurs, man-eating worms, giant bats, loathsome insects, spiders, machineguns and the Army Air Corps, and could fall to their death into chasms on Skull Island or from the Empire State Building. But Ann will be as safe as Kong can make her, and he will protect her even from her own species.

The movie more or less faithfully follows the outlines of the original film, but this fundamental adjustment in the relationship between the beauty and the beast gives it heart, a quality the earlier film was lacking. Yes, Kong in 1933 cares for his captive, but she doesn't care so much for him. Kong was always misunderstood, but in the 2005 film, there is someone who knows it.

As Kong ascends the skyscraper, Ann screams not because of the gorilla but because of the attacks on the gorilla by a society that assumes he must be destroyed. The movie makes the same kind of shift involving a giant gorilla that Spielberg's "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (1977) did when he replaced 1950s attacks on alien visitors with a very 1970s attempt to communicate with them (by 2005, Spielberg was back to attacking them, in "War of the Worlds").

"King Kong" is a magnificent entertainment. It is like the flowering of all the possibilities in the original classic film. Computers are used not merely to create special effects, but also to create style and beauty, to find a look for the film that fits its story. And the characters are not cardboard heroes or villains seen in stark outline, but quirky individuals with personalities.

Consider the difference between Robert Armstrong (1933) and Jack Black (2005) as Carl Denham, the movie director who lands an unsuspecting crew on Skull Island. A Hollywood stereotype based on C.B. de Mille has been replaced by one who reminds us more of Orson Welles. And in the starring role of Ann Darrow, Naomi Watts expresses a range of emotion that Fay Wray, bless her heart, was never allowed in 1933. Never have damsels been in more distress, but Fay Wray mostly had to scream, while Watts looks into the gorilla's eyes and sees something beautiful there.

There was a stir when Jackson informed the home office that his movie would run 187 minutes. The executives had something around 140 minutes in mind, so they could turn over the audience more quickly (despite the greedy 20 minutes of paid commercials audiences now have inflicted upon them). After they saw the movie, their objections were stilled. Yes, the movie is a tad too long, and we could do without a few of the monsters and overturned elevated trains. But it is so well done that we are complaining, really, only about too much of a good thing. This is one of the great modern epics.

Jackson, fresh from his "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, wisely doesn't show the gorilla or the other creatures until more than an hour into the movie. In this he follows Spielberg, who fought off producers who wanted the shark in "Jaws" to appear virtually in the opening titles. There is an hour of anticipation, of low ominous music, of subtle rumblings, of uneasy squints into the fog and mutinous grumblings from the crew, before the tramp steamer arrives at Skull Island -- or, more accurately, is thrown against its jagged rocks in the first of many scary action sequences.

During that time, we see Depression-era breadlines and soup kitchens, and meet the unemployed heroes of the film: Ann Darrow (Watts), whose vaudeville theater has closed, and who is faced with debasing herself in burlesque; Carl Denham (Black), whose footage for a new movie is so unconvincing that the movie's backers want to sell it off as background footage; Jack Driscoll (Adrien Brody), a playwright whose dreams lie Off-Broadway and who thrusts 15 pages of a first draft screenplay at Denham and tries to disappear.

They all find themselves aboard the tramp steamer of Capt. Englehorn (Thomas Kretschmann), who is persuaded to cast off just as Denham's creditors arrive on the docks in police cars. They set course for the South Seas, where Denham believes an uncharted island may hold the secret of a box office blockbuster. On board, Ann and Jack grow close, but not too close, because the movie's real love story is between the girl and the gorilla.

Once on Skull Island, the second act of the movie is mostly a series of hair-curling special effects, as overgrown prehistoric creatures endlessly pursue the humans, occasionally killing or eating a supporting character. The bridges and logs over chasms, so important in 1933, are even better used here, especially when an assortment of humans and creatures fall in stages from a great height, resuming their deadly struggle whenever they can grab a convenient vine, rock or tree. Two story lines are intercut: Ann and the ape, and everybody else and the other creatures.

The third act returns to Manhattan, which looks uncannily evocative and atmospheric. It isn't precisely realistic, but more of a dreamed city in which key elements swim in and out of view. There's a poetic scene where Kong and the girl find a frozen pond in Central Park, and the gorilla is lost in delight as it slides on the ice. It's in scenes like this that Andy Serkis is most useful as the actor who doesn't so much play Kong as embody him for the f/x team. He adds the body language.

Some of the Manhattan effects are not completely convincing (and earlier, on Skull Island, it's strange how the fleeing humans seem to run beneath the pounding feet of the T. rexes without quite occupying the same space). But special effects do not need to be convincing if they are effective, and Jackson trades a little realism for a lot of impact and momentum. The final ascent of the Empire State Building is magnificent, and for once, the gorilla seems the same size in every shot.

Although Naomi Watts makes a splendid heroine, there have been complaints that Jack Black and Adrien Brody are not precisely hero material. Nor should they be, in my opinion. They are a director and a writer. They do not require big muscles and square jaws. What they require are strong personalities that can be transformed under stress. Denham the director clings desperately to his camera, no matter what happens to him, and Driscoll the writer beats a strategic retreat before essentially rewriting his personal role in his own mind. Bruce Baxter (Kyle Chandler) is an actor who plays the movie's hero, and now has to decide if he can play his role for real. And Preston (Colin Hanks) is a production assistant who, as is often the case, would be a hero if anybody would give him a chance.

The result is a surprisingly involving and rather beautiful movie -- one that will appeal strongly to the primary action audience, and also cross over to people who have no plans to see "King Kong" but will change their minds the more they hear. I think the film even has a message, and it isn't that beauty killed the beast. It's that we feel threatened by beauty, especially when it overwhelms us, and we pay a terrible price when we try to deny its essential nature and turn it into a product, or a target. This is one of the year's best films.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2005, 10:35 pm

I want to see this movie so badly. I love the original, and the advertisements and reviews make this one seem even better.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2005, 10:37 pm

I'd seen it before when I was like 8, but I caught the second half of the movie tonight, and you are right it is very good. I doubt there are very many movies from 1933 that could be this engrossing.

talking_pie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Dec 2005, 8:05 pm

I'll see it a week or two later when shows aren't sold out. I'll see Family Stone before that since Rachel McMyfuturewife :lol: (the cutie pie in my avatar) ALWAYS comes first. :wink:

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Dec 2005, 6:51 am

I'm not necessarilly more intrigued by scientific accuracy than I am by the fact that it should be a work of art. Not a lot of recent movies have had actual "meaning" compared to plays at this point in time, and this new remake of King Kong should be able to turn the tables around by offering new moralities and principles on what modern society is like. Maybe even a bit of political symbolism. You see science has always taken a backseat in movies to plain ol' thrills so as long as my brother doesn't whine about it (like with the Star Wars ships screeching in space when in reality you can't actually hear anything), everything is good.

All it really boils down to is exitement, not boring cliches like a lot of modern movies suggest.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2005, 8:27 pm

I saw King Kong today! It was exciting, sad, and wonderful. I highly recommend it.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2005, 7:48 pm

It was really good.

Spoilers! There were only a couple scenes I strongly disliked (other than the spider pit scene- that one I hated because it was so well done that my skin was crawling); one shot before they reach the island which is overdramatized (the one where the glass falls off of the table if you've seen it) and I kind of cringed at teh ice-skating scene. It seemed a little indulgent. I was glad when they shot at Kong; I was cringeing att he scene, but it's probably because I am so anti-sentimental much of the time. The scene wasn't badly dont, it was just kind of incongruous and unnessessary. I completely anticipated that the ladder would fall backward in the end scene, too. Something about the camera angle; whenever there's a ladder attached to the wall with a certain angle (maybe half-wall, looking down, is the one), the ladder WILL fall abckward, seems like.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2005, 6:46 am

My short review:

I think maybe there's a sense trepidation amongst filmgoers that are holding audiences back from seeing King Kong in absurdly large numbers. It is not warranted in any way. From the open 30s titles it feels like this movie is immediately preparing to take you into a world of fantasy that only the magic of cinema can provide the means of creating. From the scenes of vaudeville and the depression early in the picture, we get an insight into Ann Darrow, a smile that emits an underlying beauty. It is this simple power that you can sense will later woo the obviously anticipated main enigma to come later in the work. There are problem only few people who haven't seen or heard of King Kong in either the original film, the remake or countless parodies. We all know what's coming. Jackson's directorial pacing makes us yearn for it. The major change is that this script and performance gives Ann more of a Jane Goodall type silent sentiment, than unpenetrable beauty.

Whilst some big budget films feel like they're just moving from action set piece to set piece, Kong instead feels like a journey into the unknown. The fact that one of the characters is reading Heart of Darkness illuminates this underlying theme. A major drive is Carl Denham. During casting, Jackson apparently wanted Jack Black to summon the spirit of Orson Welles. As you watch the film, you can't help but want to look out for the Tenacious D rock style of the actor to come through. He supresses it greatly and becomes this man intoxicated with the mystery of the world and perhaps so, his own ego. Australian Andrew Lesnie, who won the cinematography oscar for the first Lord of the Rings film, has out done himself. His original choice was to even film the movie in black and white. The man was born to shoot epics. The island itself has been created such that there is danger at every turn. And not to be cliche, but just as we think we've had the worst of it, we get to the top of the heap: man. You know it's coming AND you want to see it.

How do you make a remake and still give us something new? Perhaps you start with a little thing called imagination. Lesson one for Hollywood.

Also Serissa, I agree with you about the ladder as well, old trick that. But I didn't let it ruin it for me. This was one of those movies where I really really wanted to suspend my disbelief.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2005, 11:38 am

Oh, about Jack Black's being cast: I personally did not object to it. He changed the character, but here's my guess on this: Peter Jackson cast him as he saw the original Carl Denham in his mind- someone who was so wrapped up in his own work that he would destroy anything that was in his way. This is exactly what the new Carl Denham is like. Utterly self-absorbed and self-focused; all he cares about is making a movie. It's almost sociopathic. When he delivers the final line, it's as if all of his dreams have finally been brought to light, not only shattered but found wanting in the first place.

Then aagin, I know nothing about acting.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2005, 1:45 am

I thought the 2005 King Kong was remarkable in many respects, but not perfect. Of course, few things are. Being familiar with the 1933 Kong only makes one appreciate the 2005 version more--and the original as well. This is not a replacement of that film but a loving tribute to it. It even sort of engages the original in an intelligent discussion. Some of the nice easter egg touches include Denham's line of: "We can't take Fay, she's working on a picture for RKO", many musical chords taken directly from Steiner's original score, and recreations of some of the scenes in the original movie (now within the movie) that almost seem to suggest the '33 Kong is a film version of the events portrayed in this movie, weird as that sounds.

At first I felt, and still do somewhat, that Jack Black was miscast as Carl Denham. I don't think he gave a bad performance, but it just seems he lacks Robert Armstrong's charisma. Many of his lines--the same lines Armstrong spoke in the original, now seem diluted because his voice lacks the inflection. When he speaks of the map he found in his first scenes, he does so in a whisper. Even his last line doesn't seem to carry the weight that it should. But if nothing else, I got used to him.

It may also, as Serissa pointed out above, have to do with how the film makers have interpreted the character. In this version, Denham seems more shallow, desperate, and conniving. The original Denham was based, not on DeMill (as Ebert says above), but more on the personality of the creator of Kong, Meriam C. Cooper. Cooper was in many ways the equivalent of Denham--an adventurer film maker who loved to travel to exotic locals and film animals. As a result, Carl Denham (in the first movie) has that infectous adventurous spirit that makes him impossible to hate.

The character of Jack Driscoll, who was based on King Kong's producer and co-director (Ernest B. Schoedsack) and a macho Harrison Ford-type first mate in the original film, has now been made into three characters: a writer, an actor, and a first mate (the first mate is black, which I've heard some people complain is a complete anachronism for 1933). But either way, Driscoll and Ann both have more depth than they were allowed in the original.

Kong himself is one of the most impressively rendered CGI creations I've ever seen, but you probably don't need me to tell you about that. All I will say, though, is that you often forget he's not real. In most f/x dominated movies, like Van Helsing and the new Star Wars, you are painfully aware that you are watching special effects on the screen, and not so with Kong.

I was also afraid that the new version would become too heavy-handed with the relationship with Ann and Kong, like the awful '76 remake did with its pointless sexual overtones (Judith Crist appropriately said of the 1976 version, "The one and original lovable monster is lost amid all the hydraulic manipulations in what now emerges as the story of a dumb blonde who falls for a huge plastic finger."). However, I rather liked the way that relationship was developed. Kong toys with her as he did in the original, and I love the way he picks her up and places her on his shoulder after a victory against the T.rex. I think the difference is that this Ann is intelligent, while the Jessica Lange Dwan character was an idiotic blonde.

I will say, however, that this new version is rather too long. I think Jackson could have easily trimmed away 20 minutes or more. There is too much of Hayes and Jimmy (two characters who essentially mean nothing to the story), too much ominous foreshadowing, and some shots where Ann and Kong stare at each other that go on too long. I felt like I was watching an extended DVD rather than the theatrical cut. I'm almost cringing to think of what the extended edition would be like.

And, of course, there are problems I had with the way the dinosaurs are portrayed in this new version, but you all knew that. It seems all of their research into the subject came from watching other movies with dinosaurs in them. None of these particularly bothered me while watching this film, and the bottom line is that I give the movie a thumbs up, but I plan to spend the rest of this post perceverating about dinosaurs:

The sauropods (or "brontosaur", as it is referred to officially) was said to have been based on the models of the enraged sauropod that chases the sailors onto the log in the original. Of course, the look of the creatures in the original film was based on the artwork of Charles R. Knight. The beautiful black and white chiaroscuro was inspired from the engravings of Gustav Dore and Max Ernst. Here's a painting of a Brontosaurus (which is now known to be a chimera consisting of an Apatosaurus skeleton with a Camarasaurus skull):

Sauropods are now known, of course, to have been land dwellers (Bakker reflects that the original is actually ahead of it's time in depicting the sauropod charging onto land and reaching a tree). In the scene involving the Sauropod stampede, it seems that too many 30 ton beasts are crammed into too narry an alley, and that too few people die as a result. The total casualty is 4, and one of those is killed by a "raptor". These bastard creatures resemble to me the Titanosaurids of the Cretaceous, such as Jobaria:

The Tyrannosaurus in the original film was also based on the artwork from Charles R. Knight. Some of his Tyrannosaurs were innovative for their time:

Though in this painting the T.rex has an overly shallow back of the head and small chest, the horizontal pose is ahead of it's time.

This Tyrannosaurus, however, is vastly inadequate:

The tail-dragging gait, length of the tail, badly dwarfed head, placement of the eye (we didn't even know which hole in the skull was the eye socket until later), lizard-like head, and armor scutes are completely inappropriate. However, this is the image of Tyrannosaurus rex that the one featured in the original King Kong is more or less based on (the following still was not used in the movie):

I have commented before, I think, that Kong could not kill the T.rex in the manner in which he does in the original film because it did, in fact, have the strongest bite of any known creature. Still, it doesn't disable my suspension of disbelief, as it's such an awesome moment I'm always transfixiated to the screen when it happens. It's one of the greatest animated battles I've seen, and O'Brien even infused much of Kong's personality into every motion, like the feigning of punches, and the comical the way he toys the beast's jaws after he has ripped them appart, and then beats his chest and roars. Even though I was dreading it, I still loved the fact that Kong kills the tyrannosaur in almost exactly the same way in the new film, because every motion looks almost identical to the old one.

Gregory S. Paul stated in his book Predatory Dinosaurs of the World that even thinking of dinosaurs as reptiles has hindered dinosaur art:

Quote:
I have been drawing dinosaurs since before I can remember. And, through the years, they have remained for me far and away the most satisfying, though frustrating, subject of all. Even as a teenager I knew something was wrong as I drew them, but I did not know what to do about it. All the books said that dinosaurs were reptiles. I was familiar with what crocs and lizards look like, with their sprawling limbs, and slender, rather formless limb muscles, but theropods do not look like them. They look like erect, vertical-limbed birds instead. Even the renowned dinosaur artist Charles R. Knight compromised on this contradiction. He gave theropods erect, birdlike hind limbs, but he draped them in slender, lizard like muscles. When in the early seventies I read a little blurb in Smithsonian magazine that Robert Bakker believed dinosaurs really were bird and mammal analogues, it all finally made sense. Theropod limbs not only looked birdlike, they were birdlike. It turns out that birds got their limbs directly from theropods. So when drawing theropods, think birds. But don't go too far. Predatory dinosaurs, especially the earlier paleodinosaurs, had a number of adaptations of their own. And the big species, at least, were coated in a veneer of reptilian scales and hornlets.

That, of course, refers to the skin impressions of Carnotaurus, but it is a fairly unrelated dinosaur. And here is his extraordinary study of Tyrannosaurus rex:

Here is the T.rex as seen in the 2005 King Kong:

Of course, I do think the T.rex in the new King Kong may have the anatomy correct (except for the three fingers), it has gone too far in being given a lipless, crocodile-like mouth and alligator skin. Tyrannosaurs are known to have had lips, as there are pourous holes near their jaws from which blood vessels would flow. In fact, some speculate that young T.rexes may have even been coated in downy feathers, like the one seen here:

But Jackson and his crew obviously went through pains to make sure that Kong looked anatomically correct. He is a silverback gorilla, after all. I just wish they could have granted the dinosaurs the same dignity. I mean, how lame would it have been if they had taken artistic liscences with gorillas and given Kong claws, blue fur, and sabre-tooth canines?

Another interesting critter that appeared in the film and attacked Ann was four-legged flesh-eater that vaguely resembled a crocodile. Serissa asked me what it was, and to me it resembled a Saurosuchus, or a creature very much like it. These were Triassic proto-dinosaur relatives. Here's another pic by Gregory S. Paul:

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2005, 1:14 am

Saw it. 8/10 is my score. I thought that King Kong could have used better pacing, especially in the begining. Lots of pointless scenes along with nameless characters dying. It picks up when Kong Finally reaches the city, what with some of the greatest street actions scenes ever shot. The special effects are phenomanel and it really shows just how far CGI has come since Jurassic Park.

CDRhom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2005, 4:48 pm

I really enjoyed the 2005 Kong. The greasy/sleazy yet charismatic Carl contrasted nicely with his devoted friends Jack and Preston, who are still there even at the end. As for the relationship between Kong and Ann… it looked very much like parent/child behavior that has been previously documented in gorillas. Looking at through that lens, Kong's search for "his" baby makes a lot more sense.

The spider pit was the first time in ages I've heard an audience scream. True horror; better than any zombie.

As an aficionado of the 20's and 30's I have to say that the black first mate on a tramp steamer is correct for the time. Often, well educated blacks, graduates of places like Tuskegee found that they had to leave the US in order to actually improve their station. The sub story of Hayes and the boy Jimmy was a nice counter point to Carl's sleaziness, as well as a subtle political commentary.

Thagomizer's exhaustive treatise on the dinosaurs over looks one possibility that hit me over the head as soon as the first one came on-screen: These are evolved dinosaurs. Rather like the Galapagos Tortoise, these dinosaurs are the result of living in a closed ecology for untold generations. After all, there were few of the Great Reptiles left by the time mammals like gorillas were dwelling amongst the trees, and no one is complaining about Kong's existence.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 5:00 pm

CDRhom wrote:
Thagomizer's exhaustive treatise on the dinosaurs over looks one possibility that hit me over the head as soon as the first one came on-screen: These are evolved dinosaurs. Rather like the Galapagos Tortoise, these dinosaurs are the result of living in a closed ecology for untold generations. After all, there were few of the Great Reptiles left by the time mammals like gorillas were dwelling amongst the trees, and no one is complaining about Kong's existence.

I think you actually LOSE digits when you evolve, but I'm sure next time he's on Thagomizer will correct one of us, and probably in detail...

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 11:00 pm

CDRhom wrote:
Oh, they're supposed to be more evolved; that's their excuse for taking artistic liscence. But I did mention above that Kong looks and moves like a real gorilla, and that if we try to take the 'evolution' angle it would have been equally justifiable to give him absurd features that gorillas don't have, like blond fur, small horns, or a more bipedal gait. Of course, the Tyrannosaur in this new film isn't supposed to be a literal Tyrannosaur, just as Kong isn't a literal gorilla, but rather an idea of what must be the most fearsome beast ever to have lived. The crocodile scales were kept to give it a more "archaic" and "cooler" look. Though IMHO, the look is ludicrous. It is intended as homage to the three-fingered T.rex in the original. If I were to remake Kong (I have no desire to, nor do I think I'd do a better job) I probably would have had Kong fight an Allosaurus instead, as that creature had three fingers and a much weaker jaw than Tyrannosaurus which I could see Kong crushing.

As far as Tyrannosaur evolution goes, it makes no sense that a T.rex (or V.rex) would gain an extra digit. If evolution has taught us anything, it is that creatures tend to lose digits and limbs as they become more specialized. Horses are a good example of this. The first horses had four toes. It took perhaps 40 or 50 million years to get to one toe. The first tetrapods had eight digits on each foot, the first dinosaurs five, and the first Tyrannosaurs (Eotyrannus, Dilong) had three fingers. In fact, some highly evolved bird-dinosaur creatures like Monoykus and Shuuvuia had only one claw on each forelimb.

If we study Tyrannosaur forelimbs, it would seem that they were already on their way out. There is still some debate on how they were used, but it appears they were quite strong. Strange as it sounds, a T.rex couldn't even scratch its own chin. There is still some debate on how they were used, but it appears they were quite strong. Theories range from T.rex arms being used to help it up, grip prey it jumped upon, or for 'anchoring' during sex. A 'modern' Tyrannosaur may have a one-clawed hand, like Mononykus, or perhaps no forelimbs at all (like the creature featured in Dougal Dixon's book The New Dinosaurs, though that's still entirely specualtive).

However, as I've pointed out above, King Kong is and always has been myth in one of it's most primal forms, and that is why we react to it so strongly. It is not science fiction. Sci-fi is intellectual and not visceral. Here's an article that explains why any attempt to rationalize the science of King Kong is BS even before we consider dinosaur evolution:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/1214_051214_king_kong.html

I'm glad the movie didn't attempt to feign scientific plausibility (the mistake of most movies of this genre) and just focused on the story, as the original did.

X-RayHand
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Dec 2005, 5:15 pm

So, i have this theory. Kong just needed a hug.
See, he's angry. Unloved. So he just needed a big hug and all the NYC rampage thing wouldn't have happened.

Also:
KONG DIED FOR YOUR SINS!

I will totally be a Luthor Henchman.

DEATHBOTS!

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 2:19 am

Quote:
So, i have this theory. Kong just needed a hug.
See, he's angry. Unloved. So he just needed a big hug and all the NYC rampage thing wouldn't have happened.
That's pretty much the movie's take on it too.

Quote:
KONG DIED FOR YOUR SINS!
I saw that written in a bathroom stall in South Station. That was you?