Page 106 of 440 [ 7040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 440  Next

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 9:11 pm

The Walking Dead

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 12:13 am

I watched an episode of Dr. Phil on YouTube about these two 13-year-old girls who were very badly behaved, but it turned out not to be that surprising because one of the mothers used to be a drug addict, the girl's father refuses to acknowledge her existence, and her only male role model, her grandfather, died and she still carries his obituary around with her. The other girl found out her dad isn't her biological father. She didn't take it well and refuses to have anything to do with the biological father, even fearing he may break into their home and kidnap her. It was pretty intense.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 1:09 am

Just watched the latest episode of Hannibal. They seem to be combining the various Hannibal movie and book story lines, such as Mason Verger, already with his face cut off, and crippled from the neck down, is plotting to have Hannibal, who is hiding in Florence, eaten alive. I should add, this is all happening as a prequel to Red Dragon. So, it's an interesting re imagining of the Hannibal Lecter story.
Incidentally, Mason Verger's male nurse is played by Glenn Fleshler, best known for his work in True Detective, as Errol Childress, aka the serial killer called the Yellow King.
Hannibal is a visually stunning, but horrific TV show. A horror fan's dream!

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 2:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just watched the latest episode of Hannibal. They seem to be combining the various Hannibal movie and book story lines, such as Mason Verger, already with his face cut off, and crippled from the neck down, is plotting to have Hannibal, who is hiding in Florence, eaten alive. I should add, this is all happening as a prequel to Red Dragon. So, it's an interesting re imagining of the Hannibal Lecter story.
Incidentally, Mason Verger's male nurse is played by Glenn Fleshler, best known for his work in True Detective, as Errol Childress, aka the serial killer called the Yellow King.

Reminds me of how the Guy Ritchie films have adapted the Sherlock Holmes stories. They're all over the place chronologically. In the first movie, Watson is getting ready to be married to Mary, who he met and fell in love with in The Sign of the Four. In the very next scene, we see Holmes in a boxing match with McMurdo, a match that's referred to early in The Sign of the Four as having happened in the past. Purists may complain, but I find these more loose adaptations refreshing after watching the other, more straight film versions.

Hannibal is on my To Watch list. I wasn't expecting much from a TV show based on those books, one shown on network TV no less, but I caught the pilot when it premiered and was pretty impressed. That episode alone was better than the last three sequels, and I'm told it only got better. I guess I should stop being surprised; I was also not expecting anything good from Fox's Terminator TV show, but it pretty well blew the last two films out of the water. Who knew network TV would have ever been this good?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 10:45 am

Jory wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Reminds me of how the Guy Ritchie films have adapted the Sherlock Holmes stories. They're all over the place chronologically. In the first movie, Watson is getting ready to be married to Mary, who he met and fell in love with in The Sign of the Four. In the very next scene, we see Holmes in a boxing match with McMurdo, a match that's referred to early in The Sign of the Four as having happened in the past. Purists may complain, but I find these more loose adaptations refreshing after watching the other, more straight film versions.

Hannibal is on my To Watch list. I wasn't expecting much from a TV show based on those books, one shown on network TV no less, but I caught the pilot when it premiered and was pretty impressed. That episode alone was better than the last three sequels, and I'm told it only got better. I guess I should stop being surprised; I was also not expecting anything good from Fox's Terminator TV show, but it pretty well blew the last two films out of the water. Who knew network TV would have ever been this good?

I think you will be pleased watching it. 8)

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 3:47 pm

Today's episodes of Hot Bench and Judge Mathis.

Sonic Highways episode 1.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 10:47 pm

Chopped

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 6:10 am

Firefly

Finished the sadly short lived series, and moved on to the movie Serenity.

I forgot that Kaylee says it first, but it has more WOW when River says it. :)
(reference to RoadRatt's signature)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 9:22 pm

^True. I knew Kaylee had said it first but it's way more relevant to River's character when she says it. That's why I post it as her quote instead. :D

M*A*S*H

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 10:28 pm

My wife and I just started watching the first episode of the seventh season of True Blood, when we realized we hadn't seen all of season six, yet.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 3:09 pm

Sonic Highways episodes 2-5.[/quote]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 3:36 pm

Yesterday, my wife and I were trying to catch up on True Blood, after having last watched it for a year or more. We started watching episode one of season six, when we realized we had already watched it. So we switched to the next season, and realized that we were totally lost, as we apparently had not finished six after all, with the exception of it's first episode.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 9:12 pm

Food Network Star

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 6:13 am

Sonic Highways episode 6.

An episode of Nazi Mega Weapons.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 7:23 am

Finished up Orange is the New Black.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 10:03 am

Last night my wife and I watched the second episode of True Detective, second season. Now it's getting weird.