Page 12 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 93  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Nov 2013, 12:11 pm

I am into SAO right now; who remember the old Digimon series?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 12:33 pm

Kind of funny what happened. I watched episode 9 of Beyond the Boundary, and my opinion of the ED changed with the context. From the events in that episode I was able to do a pretty good analysis of what I think it was actually about and posted it on the anime site I use. I rather enjoy analysing the anime opening and closing for symbolism.

This week's Noucome was indeed funny again.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 11:13 pm

I know what you mean, Bradleigh, in general terms at least. I also enjoy trying to figure out the meaning behind the openings and endings sometimes.

I just finished watching Yuyushiki. I enjoyed the funny, random conversations a lot. It reminded me of Lucky Star at times, and also of Reservoir Dogs, but only in terms of the dialogue.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2013, 12:24 am

Based on a friend's recommendation, I've been attempting to get into Log Horizon. So far for me, it's like a waaaay more accessible version of SAO (in the respect of the fact the characters take the time to explain things for non-MMO players; there's no harem at all and the plot is focused more on intrigue and the players adapting to their circumstances).

Other than one instance of Korra-esque uneven pacing (episodes 4 and 5 respectively though I've been assured there isn't anything like episode 4 again for a while insofar), it's been a brilliant watch insofar. Nice animation, nice character development (bar two, but that's personal taste; I dislike cutesy wittle do-nothing girls), nice series structure -- I'd definitely think of recommending Log Horizon for someone wanting an accessible (for non-gamers) modern-day equivalent of .hack or fate. Shame about the OP and ED, but again, personal taste.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 12:40 am

BlankCanvas wrote:
Shame about the OP and ED, but again, personal taste.

What? But the OP is awesome.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AW6WfuWuOg[/youtube]
And the ED sounds cute, in my opinion at least.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2013, 3:28 am

Bradleigh wrote:
BlankCanvas wrote:
Shame about the OP and ED, but again, personal taste.

What? But the OP is awesome.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AW6WfuWuOg[/youtube]
And the ED sounds cute, in my opinion at least.

Hmm, well, I respect what you say because your tastes differentiate from mine and you're more open-minded than I am. But I can't agree with you.

In my opinion, the OP and ED songs appear to be an afterthought. I could take Man with a Mission's 'database' and play it over the top of a Youtube AMV mash-up of say, Naruto Shippuden or One Piece's battles and it'd fit perfectly - there's nothing about 'database' that fits with the opening animation, nor clearly identifies itself with the theme of Log Horizon, almost like the Japanese Tales of Symphonia game OP (which went for generic J-pop instead of something that fit in with the fantasy setting that the dub thankfully opted for): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuSwt3GWNrQ

Moving onto the ED, it felt like the producers went "oh, well, there's a small girl in the main cast so let's throw in a generic AKB4008-style cutesy song," despite the fact Akatsuki isn't cutesy and is more than capable of holding her own (refreshingly so without being a tsundere about it). I personally wish Satelight had taken a leaf from BONES or to a lesser extent J.C Staff's book musically speaking. But that's just my opinion - and why mute buttons exist, heh. ;p Still going to enjoy the show though.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Dec 2013, 10:24 pm

Soul Eater is one of the greatest animes made this century. I mean, it has it all; comedy, drama, action..... what more could you ask for?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 1:02 am

equestriatola wrote:
Soul Eater is one of the greatest animes made this century. I mean, it has it all; comedy, drama, action..... what more could you ask for?

I got the first half on DVD, but I could not get into it. Now that I think of it, my disinterest might be why I have not been as interested in Kill la Kill as much as others, I lose interest when it is too crazy.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 11:11 pm

I watched some OVAs tonight: Kokoro Connect and A-Channel+smile. Both continued in the same manner as the series, and I enjoyed both immensely.

I think I'll probably watch Place to Place again, soon. I found it quite delightful the first time.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2013, 2:10 am

Shame BONES lost interest in Soul Eater when the greenlight for FMA: Brotherhood came through (it's around the point the DWMA fight Arachnophobia the plot deviates); it was definitely an entertaining and very original series with a pretty rockin' soundtrack too.

darkfuji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Dec 2013, 6:25 am

Has anyone else here seen mirai nikki? it's a great anime till near the end.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 6:38 am

darkfuji wrote:

I have. It isn't supposed to be happily ever after. Never seen an anime end happily ever after yet actually.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 6:43 am

Fairy Tail. Cancer.....cancer....cancer.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5NekZZCN8[/youtube]

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm

appletheclown wrote:
darkfuji wrote:

I have. It isn't supposed to be happily ever after. Never seen an anime end happily ever after yet actually.

There is The snow queen, which got a happy ever after ending, being based on a fairy tale with a happy ever after happy ending.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inowsoyOaAQ[/youtube]

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2013, 3:11 pm

darkfuji wrote:

Funnily enough, Future Diary was one of those rare anime where for me the dub flowed so much better than the original Japanese (thank you Brina Palencia for making Yuno far easier on the ears!). It definitely was a really original project, no denying that and I can't remember why I dropped it now... maybe in my mind's eye I mixed it up with Deadman Wonderland since they both have very similar protagonists and fairly similar crazy girls? Hm, maybe I should get back into Future Diary at some point then...

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 7:36 am

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita

I am Watching(WRLLing) Yusibu right now. I adore this anime. I have Watched(WRLLed) five episodes at the moment and it just keeps getting better. Having to give up on your dreams and finding new ones is a big part of this anime. Also the Opening and Ending are amazing.