Page 14 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 93  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 9:19 pm

I finally got around to watching Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion. I enjoyed the first one, but it left me feeling freaked out. This one didn't; the small amount of brutality and gore was overshadowed by the thoughtful character development of Rune Balot. I also liked the additional backstory we got.

I finished Severing Crime Edge. I enjoyed the weirdness, but I felt it didn't quite follow through and the inconsistencies bothered me a little. I'll probably check it out if it gets another season.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 10:04 am

Yes.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 Dec 2013, 9:21 pm

Okay, I'm going to step off the Attack on Titan bandwagon for a while and watch Silver Spoon. I've always been a big fan of Hiromu Arakawa, but I have yet to see this.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 10:32 pm

Have I mentioned the amazingness of Little Busters? I just watched Ep 23, and I look forward to Little Busters: Refrain.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 12:16 pm

I finished Non Non Biyori and am going to miss it. Going to finish Beelzebub soon.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2013, 9:55 pm

Monogatari Second Season

I can't say much else since the forum does not have spoilers, but anyone who criticized the show as relying on ecchi as a draw should have to eat their words after this season. I really liked the H elements of the other arcs, but I think the last story arc of this season tops them all. The last episode seals the deal, so I'll say no more for now.

Acchi Kocchi aka Place to Place

A beautiful love story, cute but not too cute.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 2:25 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Monogatari Second Season

I can't say much else since the forum does not have spoilers, but anyone who criticized the show as relying on ecchi as a draw should have to eat their words after this season. I really liked the H elements of the other arcs, but I think the last story arc of this season tops them all. The last episode seals the deal, so I'll say no more for now.

Yes, it was an amazing finale.

jrjones9933 wrote:
Acchi Kocchi aka Place to Place

A beautiful love story, cute but not too cute.

It is a very cute series. Lots of fun.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2013, 9:36 am

Acchi Kocchi... I knew there was a title I forgot to check out -- thanks for the reminder! Aside from Monster, I've not really been watching that much anime this holiday... oh, except for Kaiba. Now there's a psychedelic arthouse anime if I ever seen one... really good (for me) though as it one of those rare types of anime that make you go away and think over what they were trying to say.

musician_enigma
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2013, 5:56 pm

Most definitely. Just finished Sword Art Online and Soul Eater, because I was growing impatient with waiting until every Saturday for Toonami's next episode. They've been playing nothing but movies for the last month; really enjoyed the Trigun movie this Saturday, and the Full Metal Alchemist movie from last Saturday. My tastes are on the action side, always have been, starting with DBZ of course. :)

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2014, 5:30 am

Looking forward to Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha's anime adaptation next month. If veteran storyboard director Toru Takahashi (Lupin III, Evangelion, Death Note, Revolutionary Girl Utena) is helming the project, and Maaya Sakamoto's providing the ending theme, then we're in for a real story-driven treat. Seems Funimation's taken notice of that and are already planning to stream the series in the US... awesome.

And Wolf Children was fantastic on DVD - three cheers for Colleen Clinkenbeard!

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 2:12 am

Just finished Acchi Kocchi including the OVA. Just a wonderful tale of love that is present but not total romance love. Loved all the references including Indiana Jones and Moses. Also Fairy Tail is returning this April. Still finishing Beelzebub.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 6:10 am

I'm not really sure why, but I have recently become very addicted to Pokemon: Best Wishes.

It's a guilty pleasure because it's a kiddy anime, and in some ways it is formulaic and predictable, but for some reason I just can't stop watching it. :oops:

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2014, 7:19 am

I've been a huge anime fan since middle school. My favorite anime series is Vampire Knight.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 12:36 am

I finished Yusibu, and I found it fun and humorous. Some parts were just silly, for example the hairstyles.

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2014, 12:04 pm

i am watching Science Ninja Team Gatchaman

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 7:22 am

Yay, new anime out for the year.

So far had Witch Craft Works, Recently, my sister is unusual, and Seitokai Yakuindomo*. I am happy with what I have seen so far.