Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 9:09 am

Brad are you ever on anime news network in the forum?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 10:04 am

thewrll wrote:
Brad are you ever on anime news network in the forum?

Yeah I go under the name DuskyPredator. ANN is also quite good for its encyclopedia, if you are looking for a new anime to watch it can also be quite good to use the search engine.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 4:13 pm

Yeah brad you and I posted in the same forum thread I the wrll there with a different avatar. Favorite Mystery Anime.

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2009, 9:49 pm

Naruto, because their 10-year-old fanboys populate the world of MapleStory with their overpowered "dexless assassins" and kill steal from other players.

kaworuchan42
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2009, 4:23 pm

One has not seen bad anime until one has sat through The Humanoid and Dog Soldier. Thankfully, these titles have been long out-of-print in the US for the last decade or so, but trust me - truly atrocious stuff.

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2015, 4:22 pm

I just never have been able to get into Fairy Tail or Sword Art Online. Not to mention Black Butler.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 6:35 pm

This is an old discussion. I know that I recently got a fairly strong dislike for Kyoukai no Rinne, I could go on a huge rant on it about poorly made characters, and plot that is full of holes and clumsy.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 7:24 pm

I have an extreme distaste for Death Note

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 8:44 pm

All of the mainstream garbage like naruto, sword art online and highschool dxd.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 4:31 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
All of the mainstream garbage like naruto, sword art online and highschool dxd.

Highschool DxD? Watch you mouth in what you say with the show about demon boobies.
I would not refer to it as "mainstream" in the same way Naruto is. Naruto is a long running shounen, while HSDXD is probably among the more mainstream ecchi series, I would not call it a case of becoming something through being more "mainstream".

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 12:58 pm

First off, I don't like animes that have too much filler especially when it doesn't feature any backstories that are never mentioned in the manga. It's a waste of time and a waste of what could have been either some originality or good story telling. Second, I don't like any animes that end after 12 or 13 episodes and no new season while the manga goes on for several more volumes. Third, I prefer if animes cover EVERY chapter without skipping to a later arc or the ending. Lastly, if it deviates from the manga, I hope it at least tries to do something better than what the manga had in mind.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 7:47 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
First off, I don't like animes that have too much filler especially when it doesn't feature any backstories that are never mentioned in the manga. It's a waste of time and a waste of what could have been either some originality or good story telling. Second, I don't like any animes that end after 12 or 13 episodes and no new season while the manga goes on for several more volumes. Third, I prefer if animes cover EVERY chapter without skipping to a later arc or the ending. Lastly, if it deviates from the manga, I hope it at least tries to do something better than what the manga had in mind.

Okay, you were actually making me think of a fairly new anime called School-Live that had been fairly noteworthy for having differences to its manga. An entire new character is added, which they then change up order of events, alter some a bit, and even create new story to accommodate the new character. Now some have gotten up in arms that it diverges from the gospel of the manga, while some others think that it might actually be an excellent example of an adaption in that it looked at its source material and thought about how it could create a stronger version of what the manga did, and things that would work strongly in anime form. I think that it was all the stronger for what it did, that rather than just use its source material as its screenplay it dared to do better than that.

It is also like a 12 episode series that originally finished, with more left in the manga, but it did leave a hint for a hopeful second season.

The_REAL_Humanfillet
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Oct 2015, 12:46 am

Anything that romanticize school life or inflating the power of friendship.I hate school.Have you ever heard of Prussian Education System?It was developed in the 19 th century.It is not a system which makes independent thinkers but mass produced husks. Combined with tradition East Asian culture. What you see in anime are wet dreams . East Asian societies stresses youngsters more than any other places on Earth.Lots of Japanese become hikikomoris.They use shame and threat of social rejection to control children .I also consider romance anime fart ,women are treated like trophies ,which is true in Japan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori?oldformat=true
Autism spectrum and other disorders
Hikikomori is similar to the social withdrawal exhibited by some people with autism spectrum disorders, a group of disorders that include Asperger syndrome, PDD-NOS and "classic" autism. This has led some psychiatrists to suggest that hikikomori may be affected by autism spectrum disorders and other disorders that affect social integration, but that their disorders are altered from their typical Western presentation because of the social and cultural pressures unique to Japan.Suwa & Hara (2007) discovered that 5 of 27 cases of hikikomori had a high-functioning pervasive developmental disorder (HPDD), and 12 more had other disorders or mental diseases (6 cases of personality disorders, 3 cases of obsessive-compulsive disorder, 2 cases of depression, 1 case of slight mental retardation). The researchers used a vignette to illustrate the difference between primary hikikomori (without any obvious mental disorder) and hikikomori with HPDD or other disorder; furthermore, 10 out of 27 had primary hikikomori.
As you can see ,5 out 27 hikikomoris are autistic .Japanese society is very unforgiving to autistic individuals.That power of friendship cliche really annoys me.

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2015, 6:20 pm

Pretty much all of them except Studio Ghibli and the older "Pokemon" episodes. Both of those have an innocence (and not a forced "innocence" like I've seen in some other anime) that I don't see in a lot of the other ones I've seen. I always struggle having conversations with fellow Aspies when they talk about things like this :(

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 8:40 pm

Here's my most hated shows.

Most harem crap: Things like To Love Ru just come off as cheap pieces of garbage with no real function other than fap material.

Inuyasha: This series is proof why Rumiko Takahashi should have sat and waited to write a fantasy epic. All of the usual stuff that pervades her romantic comedies are in full force in Inuyasha and drag the story down quickly.

Macross 7: Stupid plot, stupid characters, and one of the dumbest explanations in the history of anime make this series a giant kick in the balls to its predecessors. The only reason this show was popular was because of the band it spawned.

Incest Anime: WTH Japan!? I know you're ok with cousins doing it and that's fine but freaking siblings have no business being show positively in sexual or near sexual relationships with one another. KissXSis and its like need to be thrown in the trash, pissed on, and set on fire.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2015, 11:34 pm

No one hate me for this, but I could not watch BLEACH. I basically forced myself to watch the first twenty episodes, but after that I just stopped. And I got through 330+ episodes of One Piece before I stopped watching that.

Also not too big on the anime versions of Rosario Vampire or Fairy Tail. I love the manga for both though.