Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2012, 10:52 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Ah ok. I see that Tom was in War Horse as well.
And Thor, Deep Blue Sea, Midnight in Paris, and some other stuff too. Of those, I've only seen Thor. And I saw that after The Avengers.

17 days in and I'm still watching it, on average, every second day. I just can't get enough of this movie!

DeVoTeE
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2012, 7:09 am

I wanna see the Avengers as well. From what I've seen in the trailers, the producers have made improvements on the Hulk and that's a good thing.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 5:10 pm

The film was good. It was much better than any of the individual movies.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 5:15 pm

You mean The Avengers with Diana Rigg and Patrick Macnee?! I LOVE the absurd and genius stories full of weird people and bizarre situations. I was addicted to it when they broadcasted it once and when I bought my DVD box of it.

CantSwitchOff
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 May 2012, 10:02 am

Has anybody else with Aspergers seen this in 3D?
I ask because for the 1st time with a 3D movie I really struggled, and wondered if it could have anything to do with the way my brain interprets visual information, or whether it's just to do with my eyes.
I found that unless I made of conscious decision to focus on either the foreground, mid-ground or background the 3D illusion stopped working for me and the screen became a confusing mess, which just killed my enjoyment of the film.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 10:24 am

yes I did see it on 3 D.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 2:40 pm

My wife and I just saw The Avengers for Mothers Day, and we were both blown away! On top of that, Mark Ruffalo made a great new Bruce Banner.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 3:17 pm

CantSwitchOff wrote:
Has anybody else with Aspergers seen this in 3D?
I ask because for the 1st time with a 3D movie I really struggled, and wondered if it could have anything to do with the way my brain interprets visual information, or whether it's just to do with my eyes.
I found that unless I made of conscious decision to focus on either the foreground, mid-ground or background the 3D illusion stopped working for me and the screen became a confusing mess, which just killed my enjoyment of the film.

Well that's because unlike a lot of 3D films nowadays this film actually was filmed in 3D. It was filmed in normal 2D, and after filming they hired some company to basically make cardboard cutouts in the frames of the film to give it a faux 3D look. It's really BS that they do this and then charge you extra for something that detracts from the film.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:34 pm

This was one of the four superhero movies that I really enjoyed (the other three were Watchmen, Iron Man and X-Men: First Class). I only had two major issues with the movie. First, I like Scarlett Johansson as much as the next guy, but she was completely miscast as Black Widow. She's a babe, not an action heroine. She only had three facial expressions throughout the entire flick, and all of them said "I'm such a cute babe" instead of "I'm a total badass".

Second, Captain America's outfit :x In C.A. - The First Avenger, they managed to make him look halfway decent. I didn't care much for the plot, but at least he didn't look like a total idiot in that outfit. So why did Whedon have to dress him up in that ridiculous blue romper suit? I mean, it's bad enough that the guy carries a shield and calls himself Captain America. At least give him some kind of armored combat suit, like the one he wore in the 2011 movie, and perhaps a side arm.

Other than that, the movie was as good as superhero flicks can ever get. Tom Hiddleston was an inspired choice as Loki and totally stole the show, which is not easy to do in a movie with Samuel L. Jackson and Robert Downey Jr. He was the best supervillain since Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor, imho.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 3:57 pm

What I thought was a nice touch was when in Stuttgart, Germany, when Loki makes the crowd bow before him, save for the old German man who stands up to him. Loki blasts a bolt at him, when Captain America - who had doubtlessly fought on the opposite side of this old man in WWII - saved his life by leaping in front of him, and deflecting the energy bolt with his shield. It goes to show you, Cap is a real hero who defends anyone in need, despite the past.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Nov 2012, 3:19 pm

Last night was my first time watching it (I'm usually quite slow at seeing the new movies LOL)

LOVED IT!! ! And I'm watching it again right now.

I accept PMs from females only. Sorry. Personal convictions.