What shows have you recently become interested in?

Page 3 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 11:27 am

AspCat wrote:
micfranklin wrote:
Recently Scandal, but prior to that it was The Walking Dead. Now I'm thinking of getting into Sherlock next.

I have watched some Sherlock, but it is best appreciated if you already have some familiarity with the various stories, since the present day writers have woven multiple influences together. I enjoy the present day Holmes as portrayed as an eccentric, but I do think much of the show is a victory for style over substance. Still, I'll keep watching.

Yes, I agree that it is best viewed with a previous knowledge of the more well known Holmes stories.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 2:47 pm

The Talk. Mostly because it has Sharon Osbourne and Sara Gilbert.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 4:41 pm

I just watched the first episode of the new Fargo TV series on FX. Already, it's as darkly quirky as the movie had been.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2014, 5:18 am

The Tudors

4-season series about the reign and marriages of King Henry VIII.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2014, 5:34 am

Turn. Fictionalized account of America's first wartime intelligence service, including historical characters such as George Washington, Robert Rogers, and Major Andre. A down on his luck farmer named Abraham Woodhall, finds his loyalties pulled in opposite directions by his Pro-British magistrate father, and his patriot friends, which includes his former sweetheart who has since married someone else. Abraham is caught in a bad situation after having been captured by the rebels when forced to deal on the black market, and is made to work as a spy for them - then later learns how the situation had been engineered by rebel spy masters in order to ensnare him. As luck would have it, he also finds himself forced by the brutal British ranger Robert Rogers to become an informant's handler - thereby becoming a double agent. Great period piece for history buffs, which explores the inner workings of the murky, often amoral tactics of intelligence agents.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2014, 2:49 pm

klausnrooster wrote:
Stannis wrote:
True Detective. It's a southern gothic serial killer detective show starring Matthew Mcconaughey and Woody Harrelson.

Me too. Can't get enough. Rust could be on the spectrum. He says a lot of things I've thought for years. Not that his view is necessarily aspie, but that he just tells it like he sees it. I like the setting, as I grew up near the Ark-La-Tex nexus and have spent some time down there on that coast. The opening sequence of double-exposure or masking is among the best I've ever seen. Tone, pace, dialog, the whole thing. Think I've seen 'em all up to now 3 times apiece.

I read a good analysis on the show, that picked up on something I missed. It explains exactly why Rust was lead to the alter in the final episode, and what the Yellow King got out of that encounter.

http://io9.com/why-true-detective-is-a- ... 1564370767

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2014, 9:46 pm

The Goldbergs

My mom grew up in the 80's and as expected she fell in love with this one fast. I think it's pretty funny too, and the characters are amazing. Not to mention most of the storylines are loosely based off of the creator's childhood. There are even real video clips and pictures of him and his family at the beginning and ending of each episode. Brilliant show.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2014, 1:50 pm

The Oblongs

A friend of mine just introduced me to this hidden gem. Strangest animated sitcom I'd ever seen but bizarrely, it definetely works on its own level. I found myself laughing out loud a lot. I think it's because despite their downfallen and outlandish circumstances, the Oblongs actually do feel like a family who care about each other, and the plots are more character-driven, than say the Griffins or the (modern-day) Simpsons.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2014, 11:49 pm

"Veep" and "Silicon Valley"

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2014, 5:29 am

The Big Bang Theory
I didn´t watch it for a long time because I don´t like those comedy shows in general and thought that I wouldn´t like it. But my uncle and a few others said I could like it and should watch a few episodes to check it. I did it and now I really like the show.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2014, 5:56 am

I've been watching the Guild. I love Vork and Clara. :D

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 5:17 am

The Americans
Sons of Anarchy

Last edited by KyleTheGhost on 03 Aug 2014, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 5:23 am

The Shield. Never really had much interest in watching it in the past, but blowing through five seasons of Sons of Anarchy made me go back and check it out since the two shows involved a lot of the same people. The fact that the complete series DVD set sells for $30 brand new didn't hurt, either. :D

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 1:01 pm

Cops Reloaded

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 3:15 am

Half way through the second series of "Girls". Very gritty depiction of young women struggling in their daily lives dealing with work situations and boyfriend sagas. Also, watching the current series of "Masters Of Sex" which is brilliant depiction of the suppression of women in the 1950's, discrimination of blacks and discrimination of men and women displaying their sexual feelings to one another.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 3:41 pm

BSG, it was awesome.
Then watched Caprica (the prequel series), it was a mixed bag, thought-provoking in places but annoying & irritating in other places.

Watched the UK crime drama "Happy Valley" and thought that was well entertaining.

Now I'm watching The Trip To Italy-sequel to The Trip
(both are 6-episode series, also edited into a shorter-length movie, so one can watch either version),
starring Steve Coogan & Rob Brydon.