Characters you can relate to. (NOTE INSIDE)

Page 3 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Jan 2009, 10:44 pm

jkennedy293 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
For me, that would be Ren McCormick, from the movie Footloose. He was a rebel who fought to legalize dancing in a small, conservative town.

LMAO :lol:

Seconded. Sorry if you were being serious Tim, but seriously what the hell? XD

stjarna
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2009, 5:04 am

A few comes to mind...

C3PO (lol)
Edward Scissorhands
Jack Skellington
Miles Raymond
Hugo Reyes

:D

stjarna
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2009, 5:13 am

anna-banana wrote:
the Dude from Big Lebowski

Phone's ringing, Dude... :P

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 7:02 am

B9 robot from lost in space.

he was ignored by the other characters. they always resorted to his computer brain to calculate how they could save themselves from some disaster they were fighting all episode long.
the alpha male character always played the brave hero, but when he was beaten by insurmountable odds and it seemed they were all doomed, someone would think to say "ask the robot". i found it hilarious that the robot must have known how to save them from the beginning, but never said anything until he was asked.

the alpha male usually yelled at the robot for an answer angrily like a desperate man trying to start a car.
then the robot would sprout a complete plan of action that was a sure success.

like "according to my calculations, there is a hypernodal error in the aliens sensory deflection unit professor robinson! if i can tune my nuclear rectifiers to the frequency of the aliens brain activity, i can disrupt their entire cybernetic systems".
then the still sweating alpha male says "do it!! !!" angrily.
the robot performs the action and the cast is saved.

they all hug each other and exchange facial expressions but they ignore the robot and never thank him, and they walk off to their happy dinner leaving the robot who just stands still making a whirring noise and never notices the thanklessness.

also, there was never a reference to the robot in the credits. the voice must have been played by someone.

all throughout the series, his name "B9" was mentioned in only one show. in every other show he was just "the robot".
i felt for him and admired him so much when i was 8.

i relate to characters on a lesser scale in adulthood.

i relate to sherlock holmes and columbo (i know that those 2 in the same sentence to some is like chalk and cheese, but to me, columbo was a simple genius)

also the doc martin character in the show of the same name (although the show seems to have him cast as asperger-ish, but it is written well).

i relate to very good vampire portrayers like vincent price.
i like power without looks. it shows great power if they have it and also look scary (i have reasons for thinking that).

these days, the "vampire" in a movie is likely to be a hunky sexy model type, but in those days, the vampire was much older and more mysterious and revolting but alluring simultaneously. the girsl used to scream at his appearance, but the power of his mind just stopped them from running away and they were unconsciously drawn and seduced into a terrible world of evil. vincent price played the part exceptionally.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 11:16 am

I'm with ttqs84, I too feel like Elphaba. What's even more ironic is that I have a step-sister who's exactly like Galinda. Every time I hear the song "Popular" it always reminds me of how the two of us were in back school.

Another character I can relate to is Allison Reynolds a.k.a. "the basket case" from The Breakfast Club

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 3:26 pm

Haseo

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 3:40 pm

The third Blue Man

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 6:12 pm

I relate to Chandler from Friends. I watched TOW the Blackout last night and when he's in the vestibule with Jill Goodacre he's behaving awkwardly and thinking about what to say to her rather than just talking. And then when he finally does say something, it's awkward and he immediately starts thinking about how awkward it was. That's exactly how I am in most situations, overthinking every little thing, and I imagine I must come off as just as awkward. And then there's all his awkward jokes etc. I'm pretty much completely like him except that I'm female.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 6:17 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
I relate to Chandler from Friends. I watched TOW the Blackout last night and when he's in the vestibule with Jill Goodacre he's behaving awkwardly and thinking about what to say to her rather than just talking. And then when he finally does say something, it's awkward and he immediately starts thinking about how awkward it was. That's exactly how I am in most situations, overthinking every little thing, and I imagine I must come off as just as awkward. And then there's all his awkward jokes etc. I'm pretty much completely like him except that I'm female.

Oh yeah, I was thinking that he behaved like me in that episode, LOL.

I make the random jokes all the time too. And today I actually said, "Could that woman BE walking any slower?" :lol:

y es como un semestre"

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 6:20 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
I make the random jokes all the time too. And today I actually said, "Could that woman BE walking any slower?" :lol:

:lol: I always talk like that too

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2009, 7:07 pm

_Square_Peg_ wrote:
I'm with ttqs84, I too feel like Elphaba. What's even more ironic is that I have a step-sister who's exactly like Galinda. Every time I hear the song "Popular" it always reminds me of how the two of us were in back school.

Another character I can relate to is Allison Reynolds a.k.a. "the basket case" from The Breakfast Club

R U kiddin´me? i also love Allison/the Basket Case! and i relate to her, too (with dandruff and all)! :D say, looks like we both think alike, don´t we?

RobRC
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2009, 1:25 am

Dexter Morgan, except for the whole killing people thing. But the whole faking it to make people think you're normal thing is familiar. There was an episode this season where he and his girlfriend went grocery shopping and she asked why he put the shopping list in alphabetical order. He looked at her with a straight face and asked her how else would she do it. This whole season revolved around him making his first friend, being perplexed as to how he should behave.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2009, 7:11 am

prot from K-PAX.

Daniel Jackson from Stargate: SG1.

Data from Star Trek:TNG

Mr. Bean

Doctor Jekyll / Mister Hyde

The Creature from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 3:59 am

Adrian Monk from Monk and Stork from Storm Hawks...

reason: They're both obsessed with germs, death and impending doom!

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 12:11 pm

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 7:30 pm

anna-banana wrote:

...the heck is THAT?!

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.