Page 255 of 1289 [ 20624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258 ... 1289  Next

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 9:44 am

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)

One of the best movies I've ever seen.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 5:03 pm

Caddyshack

While Bill Murray goes to war with a gopher, a judge and Rodney Dangerfield face each other on the golf course.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 3:10 pm

The Lost Boys

Two brothers and their mother move to a town in Calfornia and met vampires and vampire hunters.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 4:35 pm

The Last of the Mohicans (1936)

The classics are usually better than the remakes, but not this time. The 1992 version with Daniel Day-Lewis is much better. This one's a great big bore with awful acting. Bruce Cabot as a Native American warrior is particularly laughable.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 5:43 pm

The American Astronaut (2001)
It's a gritty b&w space musical. The effects aren't that great, but the acting holds up. This is one of those movies that was never meant to be taken seriously. The plot is interesting enough and unpredictable, the musical aspect doesn't clash with the rest of the movie at all, and the characters do more than just speak their lines, they really add to the amusement factor.

Iron Skies (2012)
This movie has better effects than the one I just mentioned. It's about Nazis invading from the moon, the fact that they made this movie is more interesting than the movie itself because that's where the surprises end. The dialogue / acting portion is weak, they basically turn a black astronaut white and turn him loose, which sounds like it should be a riot, but it's really not. The Palinesqu president doesn't do much but reinforce any person's opinion of Sarah Palin. There was a decent scene towards the end involving a hitler salute.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 9:56 pm

MDD123 wrote:
The American Astronaut (2001)
It's a gritty b&w space musical. The effects aren't that great, but the acting holds up. This is one of those movies that was never meant to be taken seriously. The plot is interesting enough and unpredictable, the musical aspect doesn't clash with the rest of the movie at all, and the characters do more than just speak their lines, they really add to the amusement factor.

One of my all time favorite films! It's a film that goes its own way and doesn't apologize for it.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 10:52 am

Capote.
The People vs. Larry Flint.
The Geat Mouse Detective.
Murder By Decree.
My Cousin Vinny.
Lincoln.
Twins
The Hunt for Red October.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 5:45 am

Tremors

Where comedy meets horror and sci-fi. The first is a series where underground monsters threaten the people of a small town inolated in Nevada. Great fun.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 12:33 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Tremors

Where comedy meets horror and sci-fi. The first is a series where underground monsters threaten the people of a small town inolated in Nevada. Great fun.

Make sure you check out the underrated sequel, Tremors 2: Aftershocks. You don't need to bother with Part 3, Part 4, or the TV series, however.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 4:01 pm

Just about to watch Snow White: A Tale of Terror

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 4:43 pm

Gran Torino

Clint Eastwood plays an old veteren living next door to a Hmong family who seeks to reform their young son after the boy tries to steal his 1972 Gran Torino.

Jory wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
Tremors

Make sure you check out the underrated sequel, Tremors 2: Aftershocks. You don't need to bother with Part 3, Part 4, or the TV series, however.

Way ahead of you. I have all four on DVD. I like them all. I think they each have their merits.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 4:47 pm

Warm Bodies (2013) - the opening of the movie is like reading paragraphs after paragraph of people writing here on wrongplanet.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 12:54 pm

THE HOST

could have been way better. and don't tell me to read the book. if the book was as slow and boring as the movie, i don't wanna.
i wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone... and i have a feeling there will be a sequel...and i'll undoubtly see it at least on dvd...

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

The Terminal

Tom Hanks plays a man from the fictitious country Krakozhia. During his flight to New York, his country enters a revolution and he cannot return home or enter America, so he lives in the terminal.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Apr 2013, 9:19 pm

Stalk wrote:
Warm Bodies (2013) - the opening of the movie is like reading paragraphs after paragraph of people writing here on wrongplanet.

That was my opinion too. It made me laugh so hard. :lol:

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 10:29 pm

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. This is now my favorite song:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEm0AjTbsac[/youtube]

Also, Thorin, Fili and Kili are too handsome for dwarves, although I do not remember ever reading anything about dwarven ugliness (as far as I remember, Tolkien merely described them as shorter, stockier bearded men).

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.